Alexis Sanchez to Italy?

Yeah heard whispers of that one not totally against it would give us someone who's good in the air to use and that we can be direct to if teams are particularly weak against that but even if Sanchez stays I don't see why we would bring him in now as we are already short of number so why wait?

The fact we haven't acted on it already suggests to me we aren't really in and his agent is just using the old link to Utd to get some interest from others.

Bit like Lukaku this will probably happen by the sounds of it everyone just needs to find the happy medium.

Sanchez wants to go, Ole doesn't really want him, Inter do want him so that's most of the work done just needs the money men to hammer out the deal.

His salary is reported to be £20m a year before bonuses so if Utd can get themselves out of paying half of that they'd be happy, I imagine we'd let him go for nothing if it meant getting him off the wage bill but Inter aren't going to match his wages over the next 3 years.

Can see the next 3 years being us bouncing him around on loan to various places trying to pay as little of the £60m he's still owed in wages of that period I don't think the manager really wants him around the club.

Yeah he just needs to go now, I mentioned earlier in the summer we needed to keep him for numbers but if he doesn’t want to be here then let him go. Sure Inter fans are licking their lips at the prospect of Lukaku and Sanchez in their forward line!

If he goes I think we should try and get someone in on a free as cover we are horribly short and playing a very risky game but you'd hope the club look at these kids and think they are ready not just lets just chuck them in and see how they do.

Sanchez like Lukaku doesn't strike me as the sort of player who's happy being back up and will be disruptive if put in this situation, Sanchez has always been notoriously difficult to deal with but when he's banging 30 goals a season the fact he's a bit of a stropy loner isn't a problem when he's banging 3 a season it can be.

I'd rather put faith in the likes of Gomes/Chong/Greenwood and give them 10 games each rather than give Sanchez 30 games this season he's a busted flush like Rooney was you can see his legs have gone we should be doing everything we can to get him out the door permanently evne if we have to pay him off as every year he'll look less and less attractive.

I think we have to definitely look to bring someone in, our only strikers are Martial, Rashford and Greenwood and if one goes down then we are royally screwed. However, the free agent market isn’t exactly ripe for options, out of curiosity I was seeing who was out there and the obvious one is Llorente - then there is Giuseppe Rossi but he’s been injured a lot and then there is Adebayor. Or there is our one appearance legend Manucho! Not a lot of options out there.

I think we have to definitely look to bring someone in, our only strikers are Martial, Rashford and Greenwood and if one goes down then we are royally screwed. However, the free agent market isn’t exactly ripe for options, out of curiosity I was seeing who was out there and the obvious one is Llorente - then there is Giuseppe Rossi but he’s been injured a lot and then there is Adebayor. Or there is our one appearance legend Manucho! Not a lot of options out there.

Yeah seen a few links to Llorente if the Sanchez deal goes through he’s probably the best of what is out there as he gives us something different to what we have which is someone we can be direct to if we need to be.

Guess is depends what he wants money and role wise my guess is he’d want a 2 year deal on good wages to play the backup role top up the retirement fund but Utd probably only want him for 1 year so I can see them pushing a 1+1 deal like they did with Zlatan.

I’ve seen reports that Inter only want to pay 20% of his wages in a loan deal which is rubbish. We may as well just keep him here as a bench option. No point paying 80% of his wages and having no merits on our side.

Yeah they've got to be paying at least half otherwise just keep him you can't be seen to be getting walked over by clubs you need to retain some level of integrity even in this situation.

Look if Utd had to pay him a years salary to get him out of his contract and leave right now they'd probably do that but it won't happen as he won't accept that and I don't blame him for that.

I think they know their best shot is selling him to China where they can and will pay high wages but they can't pay high transfer fees due to the tax they have to pay but is the player willing to give up and take that route my guess is he would prefer 1 last crack at the top leagues.

Reports today that talks are still on going seems to be an expectation that this deal will happen with the clubs splitting the wages just a case of agreeing what the split is going to be.

Absolutely yeah. A once good player that's not looked good for about 2 years now.

He was the right man at the wrong time had Utd been on their toes they'd have got him when Arsenal got him out of Barcelona but we missed the boat then and we took a stupid gamble on him to try and one up City.

I don't particularly blame Sanchez I think he's tried his best it's just not happened for him he left Arsenal at the worst time for him his speed was going and he joined the mad house that is Utd.

Woodward and whoever signed of on that deal want shooting anyone who touched that deal needs to be sacked as it's created huge problems within the current squad and with new signings.

All the warning signs were there but so desperate were we to get one up on City who were cruising to the title we took a massive gamble and it's failed.

The only positive that came from Sanchez is we managed to get rid of another flop in Mhikitaryan who falls into that I forgot he played for us group as well.

£11m loan deal is basically the paying around 50% of the wages although assuming the rumour of these 25% reduction for no CL is true his salary for this season would drop from around 20m to 15m. No wonder all the high earners are running for the exit.

Think it's a no brainer he'll only get harder to sell unless he's playing football somewhere if he does really well Inter might buy him if he does alright someone else might buy him if he's rubbish well at least we saved some money this year.

Loan agreed no option or obligation to buy included in the deal Inter reported to be coughing up £150k a week towards his wages which depending on which way the wind is blowing or paper you read range from £350k a week to £350,000,000 a week.

if that is the deal, we should have just kept him. Paying him 200 grand a week to play for someone else. Crazy

Our squad is down to the bare bones. If we get any more injuries then the season could get ugly fast.

We’ve lost Herrera, Fellaini, Lukaku and Sanchez and not brought any like for like replacements in. I know Sanchez was not good for us but come on, we need numbers. But nope we will pay £200k a week for him to play for someone else.

if that is the deal, we should have just kept him. Paying him 200 grand a week to play for someone else. Crazy

I dunno he's a difficult character and I think Ole knows he won't be a guy who's happy not playing every game so it might just be better that he isn't here even if we are paying half the wages I imagine they'll have had a chat and my guess is Sanchez has said he doesn't want to be here if he isn't going to be first choice like Lukaku these guys want to play. Just focus on the half of the wages we aren't paying him.

He's also constantly getting injured when he is here and this way he at least is in a shop window to be potentially sold when he's been on the pitch for us he's contributing nothing so we might as well give the games he might have played to Chong, Gomes or Greenwood.

No issue with this deal to be honest apart from the fact we are so short in attack we are putting huge pressure on the kids now to deliver.

He was a disaster from start to finish, his best moment for us was scoring against Spurs in the FA Cup, semi final I think it was?

In hindsight I wished we had kept Mkhitaryan!

Spurs in the semi final
City away to stop them winning the league
Newcastle at home last minute winner
Arsenal away in FA cup last season

In 18 months that’s it really and these are moments not great games where he’s ripped a team apart doubt he was MOTM in any of those games.

For me the only positive from him was we got Mhiki out and dumped him on Arsenal as that was another guy who just never found his feet at the club.

He may do well in Italy and regain his spark. If he can get over his niggly injuries then there probably still is a player in there because he performed well in the Copa America.

So we think he’s really done here or if he has a barn stormer in Serie A we could welcome him back?

Nope he's done and he shouldn't come back.

Think next summer he'll have 2 years left on that contract if he rips it up in Italy sell him we don't want him back he might be able to do it in Italy but he's proven he's finished here and Utd need that contact off the books.

Not sure he can really complain about not playing he didn't perform what he was on the pitch and had a lot of injuries.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back