Alexis Sanchez to Italy?

jsp

My guess is a free transfer plus a pay off to Sanchez is how this happens.

Think we ended up doing similar with Rooney and Schweinstieger to get them off the wage bill.

Out of sight out of mind is how I can describe it but this was a disaster of a deal we'd have been better off keeping an absolutely broken Mkhitaryan than doing this deal.

Guess he joins the list of players who got rich off Utd and did almost nothing in return.

SuperRash

A move away would be good for all parties. A fully fit and firing Sanchez would have been a real asset but injuries have taken their toll and even when he has played he hasn’t looked the part. Even if we have to pay Sanchez off we have to get rid.

Mr C

I think he could do well for another club, I don't think his heart was in it at united.

SuperRash

I think he could do well for another club, I don't think his heart was in it at united.
That’s the thing, sometimes players just don’t settle at clubs for whatever reason. He could well go to Juve/Inter and play really well if he stays clear of injuries that seem to be creeping up on him. Although if he does start tearing up Serie A you would question his commitment and motivation here!

jsp

I think his legs have gone. Sanchez at his best was like Rooney a constant menace to defenders chasing down every thing and waiting to pounce on any mistake plus he was very quick over the first 10 yards. That has gone he's never looked anywhere near fit at Utd and he's had loads of niggling injuries.

Think years of hard seasons with no rest finally caught up to him and we signed him just at the wrong time the warning signs of this were there in his final seasons at Arsenal. It was a classic rushed not doing your homework properly signing made out of desperation to get one over on City.

I don't think he'll ever get back to his best at another club with a fresh start you might see more of the good stuff but he'll never get anywhere near being the player he was again.

For what it's worth I think he's tried his best to make it happen at Utd he's never gone hiding on the pitch he just can't provide the magic enough to justify his wages/status. I actually think had he gone to City he'd have been a major success because they don't need him to be the superstar every week.

I don't buy these rumours anyway to me it stinks of agent talk I think everyone is desperate for this to end the player wants to move on and the club want him to move on. My guess is everyone including his agent has been told to get a move sorted.

Mr C

Sanchez and Fred, I'm sure we only bought them because City were interested. Pathetic.

jsp

I don't think we only got Sanchez because of City's interest we got him because with Zlatan failing to recover from his busted knee and going to MLS we were short of high profile names.

When we got a whisper that City were backing out of a deal for him because of the fees they decided to go in but I don't think they'd ever done any proper background work on him and thought how would he fit in. The Sanchez signing stank of a decision made at board level it wasn't Mourinho banging the door down saying we MUST sign him.

At the time the deal that was structured on paper made some sense we got a problem player in Mkhitaryan out and in theory signed a top class replacement it was only when the reports over the wages came out and he massively flopped that it became a problem. If Sanchez had just played like he had at Arsenal getting 15-20 goals a season playing every week it wouldn't have been so terrible but the fact he's been total garbage has made the problem even bigger.

As for Fred I still think there's a player in there hopefully like Lindelöf after than first year bedding himself in he'll show his true ability. I do think coming into a very unsettled side is making it tougher for new players than it should be as everyone hopes that they're the player to solve all the problems which is never going to happen.

IDFD

I’ll be sad to see him go because I was absolutely buzzing for this signing. (And the Mhki and Depay signings). Transfers really aren’t working for us at the moment. However I think it’s best for all parties just to call it quits. Get the highest earner off the pay bill stop everyone looking to his contract as what they want. The fact his contract drops by 25% because we aren’t in Europe probably makes him a more realistic proposition for other clubs now and I think he will come good wherever he goes next. He’ll look good in Italy. He did well for Udinese and maybe he’d like to finish his career where it all started for him in Europe and despite his career he’s only won one league title so to go back and pick up one in Italy is probably an attractive option.

However Juve have Ronaldo on £500k a week. Ramsay on £400k a week. Surely they can’t add another ridiculous earner to that list and keep everyone there happy. It’s rumoured they want Pogba, Lukaku and Sanchez. Have they not seen how poor we’ve been this season?

RichH2016

Reckon we can afford to let him go with Lukaku gone with no replacement?

Would be gambling big on a very young attack.
Is the Pope catholic? He offers and contributes nothing. So yeah I think we can afford to let him go.

SuperRash

Nope we can’t keep letting people go and not replacing them, we’ve done it with Fellani, Herrera and Lukaku. Sure he hasn’t done it for us so far but we can’t let people go willy nilly.

IDFD

We can’t let Sanchez go. That would leave us with a front line or Martial Rashford Greenwood Lingard

If we’re playing 4-3-3 that is ridiculously light.

JSNFRMN

The talk is he'd be going out on loan and we'd still be paying most of his wages so I don't see the point in that really.

RichH2016

We can’t let Sanchez go. That would leave us with a front line or Martial Rashford Greenwood
And Gomes, Chong and James. I'd rather any of those other Sanchez every single day of the week.

JSNFRMN

For the style of play I think we're going to play, we're looking at:
Right wing: Greenwood (James)
#10: Lingard (Gomes)
Left wing: Rashford (Chong)
Centre forward: Martial (Sanchez)

If we're not going to get him completely off the wage bill I don't see the point in letting Sanchez go and think he could be used to give Rashford and Martial rests during the Europa League games.

Sideshow Bob

For the style of play I think we're going to play, we're looking at:
Right wing: Greenwood (James)
#10: Lingard (Gomes)
Left wing: Rashford (Chong)
Centre forward: Martial (Sanchez)

If we're not going to get him completely off the wage bill I don't see the point in letting Sanchez go and think he could be used to give Rashford and Martial rests during the Europa League games.
Yep, spot on. For me, the Europa League should be viewed as an opportunity to develop the young players. The experience they gain will hopefully benefit United in the long run, more so than winning the competition.

jsp

he probably won’t like it but I’d be saying to Sanchez I want you to lead the line in the league cup/Europa league games and help these young kids and if you perform in those games you’ll be back in the first team.

If someone is prepared to buy him and take him off us completely then maybe do it and treat this as year zero almost it doesn’t really matter where we finish it’s clearing decks and starting again but I don’t think a club like us should be doing that.

For me he stays at least until January and Utd may have to look to bring in someattacking reinforcements in January if the kids are struggling, if Sanchez does ok he might get some interest from China and we can send him off there but loaning him out and paying some of his wages when we are already short of bodies I think is to big a risk.

As for Sanchez he really needs to stay fit injuries have been a very under rated problem for him since he’s been here.

Sideshow Bob

Translation: Alexis Sánchez did train with the squad today (not in the subsidiary). He has not convinced Solskjaer and the club wants to sell it or send it on loan. United wants to save almost 10 million of his salary.

jsp

There was a story this week about him having a bit of a bust up with Greenwood over a tackle in training, I imagine this happens at least once a week at every club someone will always go a bit to far in training it's football so it's a bit of a non story.

I think we'd be taking a huge gamble letting another attacker go unless we bring in a free agent we are already short in midfield not sure we can gamble on being short in attack as well but if Sanchez is going to be a stroppy d*ck (which he is known for being even when he's happy) then maybe getting another bad egg out either sale or loan is good for harmony.

At what point are we not allowed to sign a free agent? Heard some rumours about Llorente who apparently hasn't got a club but surely they should be getting him in now as we're already short not waiting for 1 more to leave.

IDFD

I think they’ve removed deadline for free transfers. However the Squads have to be registered by Sept 2nd. So that’s the deadline to get someone in.

jsp

I think they’ve removed deadline for free transfers. However the Squads have to be registered by Sept 2nd. So that’s the deadline to get someone in.
Does that apply to premier league or is it just your European squad?

jsp

The comments from the manager today suggest he's staying but you never know with these things if a good offer came in they might take it but Ole has pointed out he's short of numbers so I doubt he'd be happy letting his 2 senior attackers go without a replacement coming in.

Reality is we need him to have a decent first half of the season because if he does that you might be able to flog him to China/MLS in January and just get him out the door and get a short term replacement in.

jsp

I reckon Utd will take it can’t see him being happy with a squad player role which is what he’d have here.

jsp

How can they find out in next 36 hours if they haven't actually made an offer?

The managers words after the game last night suggest there are talks happening I have no real interest in seeing him stay want him gone as soon as possible but he should have been replaced.

We were already short of options in attack letting 2 senior attackers go and bringing 1 youngster in then dipping into the youth team is a massive massive gamble.