Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Martial shows some kind of impetus in getting that new deal sorted, I think we have got to start looking beyond him. Not that I want to, I want him to stay. But if the rumours are true about him asking for a salary he knows we can't give him. Then we should move on at some point.

I think Sanchez needs a chance in this attack anyway. I’d like to see the 3 of em play. Sanchez Rashford Martial as I think that would be our deadliest front 3. When on form Sanchez offers both Lingard and Mata in 1. Just we need to see if he’s still got that.

FA Cup: Manchester United 2-0 Reading - 5th January 2019

Another good pass leading to a goal.

Unconvincing performance overall, I thought.

Looked rusty but showed his quality with that pass not sure him and Lukaku are really on the same wavelength would love to see him given that free role Mata/Lingard have enjoyed from the right side of the front 3 with Martial & Rashford.

He’ll never be the player he was at Arsenal they were his peak years as a footballer his body is clearly slowing down he needs to change his game to suit that I think he needs to play closer to goal which the new style will hopefully allow him to do.

However, in the bigger games that will be a bit more end to end for me he’s either centre forward or benchas I don’t think he can play that wide role anymore.

FA Cup: Arsenal 1-3 Manchester United - 25th January 2019

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Love his desire, his work effort you can’t doubt. Didn’t do too much until he scored then seem to come alive a bit.

Premier League: Leicester City 0-1 Manchester United - 3rd February 2019

Gonna be a struggle to move him with the wages he's on but if we can, I think he has to go in the summer, you can't have a squad player that is the highest paid player at the club.

Thought he was ok but game kind of drifted past him

He's doing nothing that Greenwood, Chong or Gomes wouldn't do in his place really. Lost that spark that made him a great player for Arsenal and perhaps still struggling with fitness and injury. Probably gets another start on Saturday with Martial saved for PSG after injury.

He's doing nothing that Greenwood, Chong or Gomes wouldn't do in his place really. Lost that spark that made him a great player for Arsenal and perhaps still struggling with fitness and injury. Probably gets another start on Saturday with Martial saved for PSG after injury.

Yeah I agree with this. The only thing he's got that the young guys don't is experience and he has a bit of strength to compete.

I thought he was ok when he came on but that's it at the moment with him he's playing ok for the money he's on you need more than ok and we've only really had 1 or 2 good performances out of him.

I imagine the club would happily move him on but a bit like Rooney when he got that bumper deal it's going to be hard to move him on because the options for him are really limited unless he's prepared to drop his wage demands.

My guess is this summer Mata moves on which creates a space for a guy like Chong in the squad. If Sanchez went as well then I would expect Utd to sign a player may be something similar with Lukaku as well. Personally I'd move Lukaku out first as I just don't see him ever fitting with us and you can probably get good money in for him. Sanchez now I think can play as a centre forward but his days as a wide player are over he's still a great finisher but the days of being a mazy winger I think are over.

I think the chances for the kids this season will be limited unless their are injuries up top because unless we end up with some dead rubber league games at the end of the season every game is vital. The only chance I see currently is maybe Chong getting on the bench for the trip to Chelsea in the cup.

Champions League: Manchester United 0-2 PSG - 12th February 2019

He really is struggling.

Champions League: Manchester United 0-2 PSG - 12th February 2019

He really is struggling.

Ain’t that the truth.

Feels a bit like the Mikhitaryan, Schweinsteiger, Schniederlin, Memphis situation where for whatever reason this just isn’t going to work.

I don’t think he can function in a team that isn’t set up for him and at Utd he isn’t getting that now and he won’t get it in the future.

It’s not a lack of effort he just looks completely lost.

What he does potentially have now is a chance with Lingard & Martial likely facing a few weeks out he has the chance to really stake a claim for a spot but I just don’t see it.

It’s sad but really we need to get him shipped off to China ASAP the way this is going.

We can only pray that he buggers off to China or the MLS @jsp, seems like such a waste with his potential based on what we saw at Arsenal, Would love to see him shape up now he might get a chance in the team but I just dont think it will happen.

Funnily enough a good friend of mine is a big arsenal fan and he said, mark my words this wont be a good signing for United and he was ecstatic to see the back of him, at the time I thought he was mental but maybe he knew something.

Think we missed the warning signs his final season at Arsenal he wasn't the same player we assumed he was sulking when maybe the reality was his body was slowing down.

Signing him to me showed the lack of knowledge at board level we were just so desperate to get one over on City I don't think we really did our homework and there was no plan for fitting him into the squad. I think he'd have worked out better at City because they play so much football in the opposition half he'd probably be ok playing a counter attack style where he's starting 50 yards from goal just doesn't work if the aim is to become more of a dominant side he might still find the quality we need but it's not looking good.

Apparently he's injured as well know injured himself warming up vs PSG when he collided with the assistant ref.

Another nothing performance and looks like he'll be out for a while now with knee ligament damage. I'm not saying Chong, Gomes or Greenwood would light up the league but I can't see how they could do less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back