Status
Not open for further replies.
Rusty or not he needs to be putting away a ball in to an unguarded net. That miss against a top 4 side is ridiculous. Can’t pass up gifts like that.

My main worry is his control. He doesn’t hold the ball up and find a pass like we need. As I said the other day if we had a Drogba up top we’d be scoring a lot more even if he scored less than Lukaku himself.

I'm not sure he is a bully. He's a huge guy but he doesn't impose himself anywhere near enough. He needs to be a horrible, snarling, scary forward and he's none of those. He needs some Diego Costa attitude! He's too nice and that's why he's not prolific.

I didn't really mean bully in his style of play. I meant he tends to score his goals against lower teams.

Every top striker gets accused of being a flat track bully last night was Kane's first goal at Old Trafford in 5 games.

Lukaku has scored big goals during his career against top sides and to be fair last season he ended the season on fire annoyingly he's gone back to that mid season Lukaku who can't seem to do anything right.

To me he looks like he's lost a bit of sharpness he had 3 full weeks off after the world cup he's not got himself sharp but still scored 1 in 2 but regardless that big chance can't be missed you maybe get one real shocker a season he needs to make sure if he gets that again he buries it and he probably needs to pull something out of the bag against a top side to make up for it.

Sanchez really needs to show up this season he had his 6 month bedding in period and last night it's hard to really do anything by the time he came on the pitch the game was gone but we need him to start being the guy he was at Arsenal.

If we stick to the 3-5-2 system I think he could be a good partner for Lukaku as I think it would allow him to focus his energy in the right areas of the pitch.

Here's a question... Does anyone else feel the same way about Sanchez that I do? And that is that he is one of the players in this squad I dislike most. He's been a complete joke since he signed here with no signs of improving. And quite honestly the contract we gave him is a joke. He's not worth top money. He has never been in the very top bracket of players or even the next bracket down yet he's paid like one.

He’s paid like one because when we got him we got him on the cheap. When you see his weekly wages they’re massively distorted because for some reason the media decided to include his signing on fee when calculating his weekly wage something they’ve never done before or after with anyone Ela.

He seems like one of the few that actually give a &*&*/

I think Lukaku should be dropped, him moved central and play Martial and Rashford.

According to reports he's on a basic of £300k plus a £75k appearenance fee but as others have said this is massively distorted because he was a free transfer.

However, he's been a massive dissapointment so far but 3 games into a new season when his only start is the one we won is a bit early to be calling him out on. He was fine when he came on vs Spurs but the game was done by then and he was injured for Brighton.

I think he's still working out how to play in this team a settled XI in a settled shape might bring the best out of him as right now he doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as anyone and like Pogba he's a player who keeps taking the ball and trying things even when they're not coming off.

Hindsight I think his signing was a mistake I think his best years are behind him he's peaked and is on the way down but I think like Robben/Ribery if he simplifies his game a bit he can still be a really effective player into his 30's but you can't be the one man team anymore you have to be sensible.

Like Rooney he gets frustrated at not being on the ball and comes deep but then there's no one ahead of him to pass to with a better midfield this season and maybe an over lapping full back in Shaw rather than Young he might find things a little bit easier.

@RichH2016 if Sanchez was ripping it up, playing well, assisting and scoring goals would you have the same dislike for him?

I'll be honest, I kinda feel the same way about him but I think it's because had so much expectation of him and he's failed to live up to the hype

Been left out of the Chile squad for the internationals to focus on Utd.

Think this is a good thing he's not looked fit and sharp in the first few games had a few issues in pre season from memory and then picked up an injury the fact he's not flying off to Chile shows he's focused on Utd as Arsenal always had big problems with him going and playing for them with injuries putting country ahead of club.

Premier League: Burnley 0-2 Manchester United - 2nd September 2018

He played well.

Lovely cross on the first goal looked more like the Sanchez from Arsenal.

Wasn’t happy when he came off but that’s the way he is.

Premier League: Watford 1-2 Manchester United - 15th September 2018

He has been criticised for his performance. Is the criticism fair or harsh?

Fair. Yet another poor performance. He's a shadow of the player he once was.

Thought he was ok but think he’s lost a bit of his burst of speed that allowed him to get away from players once he’d beaten them with a trick.

I think we’ve signed a player who’s in decline and doesn’t really fit in with the way we play but that doesn’t mean he can’t be effective he’s just not going to be the 20-25 goal a season player he was at Arsenal.

The criticism is completely unwarranted on yesterday’s performance one thing that was really highlighted though is he needs Luke Shaw in the side. Not only because Young isn’t offering him anything on the outside but 3 times yesterday he played a ball to young made himself available for the return ball and young stopped and went backwards.

I'd like to see Sanchez play at #10 against weaker opposition when a three man midfield shouldn't be required.

I'd like to see Sanchez play at #10 against weaker opposition when a three man midfield shouldn't be required.

Guess it depends how you set your midfield 3 up as 4-2-3-1 normally means 2 holding mids, 4-3-3 you can have 1 hold and 2 pushing on.

I’d actually like to see us play a diamond get one of the young lads up front with Lukaku and have Sanchez in behind. Would make us narrow but I don’t think we have any real wingers. Could even put Sanchez up top with Lingard/Mata in behind the 2 strikers.

To me we are playing with 10 men when Sanchez plays. He offers nothing except running round like a headless chicken. He showed one touch of quality, going round the edge of the box and forcing a very good save from Foster. That's all pretty much we have seen from him in months to be fair. I'm not sure we will ever see the Sanchez of old at Utd.

I think Sanchez is feeling the weight of playing for Manchester United. It happens to players, he is now trying too hard. He needs to relax and just play his normal game.

This is what everyone was saying last season, he's trying too hard. Can't be using that as an excuse all the time, he's meant to be world class. He wouldn't get in my local team at the minute.

The hyperbole regarding his performances is going to a next level.

Someone compared him to Erikson Ozil and Salah.

Sanchez
270 Mins
8 shots
0 goals
1 assist
119 passes.
3 big chances created

Salah
428 minutes
23 shots
2 goals
1 assist
121 passes
2 big chances created

Ozil
332 Minutes
3 shots
1 goal
0 assist
142 passes
0 Big chances created

Eriksen
450 Mins
15 shots
0 goals
2 assist
283 passes
0 big chances created

*Big Chances

A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score usually in a one-on-one scenario or from very close range.

**Whilst Salah has 2 goals he's the only player of the 3 to miss a big chance. Missing 5.

For comparision with out other attacking mids

Lingard:
282 mins
8 shots
0 goals
0 assist
128 passes
1 big chances created

Rashford
122 mins
0 goals
0 assist
0 shots
38 passes
0 big chances created

Mata
136 mins
0 goals
1 assist
1 shot
73 passes
0 big chances created

Pogba
443 mins
2 goals (Both pens I believe)
0 assist
15 shots
325 passes
1 big chance created

But Sanchez is the one that makes us feel like we're playing with 10 men. Even though he's created more big chances than the rest of our creative midfielders together

I mean you've picked a few players out there most notably others who've had a slowish start to the season how do his numbers compare to say Mane, Silva, Aguero or Hazard.

Sanchez was signed to be the elite level guy in the team on his wages you want him involved in say 40 goals a season a mixture of goals and assists but currently we don't see that. I think he's slowly getting there and it's way to early to start writing him off but we need him to start being that match winner.

How many games has he won for us almost on his own?
How many games have you thought at the end he was the difference today?

He's not really found that yet at the club not saying he won't but so far it's all been a bit meh what's all the fuss about?

I'm not sure it matters what players have been picked to compare, their fans get on their backs like ours do?

I didn’t pick the players I took the stats from someone else as I said. But still those players aren’t being hounded for being awful. The comparison to our players was also directly below.

This season we’ve played 5. Won 3 lost 2. The 3 we won Sanchez started the 2 we lost he didn’t. Coincidence perhaps but highlights he’s not the problem.

As he been as good as I think he is a player no. But equally he hasn’t been this poor makes us look like we’re playing with 10 unjustifiably keeping Rashford and Martial out of the side like people are making out.

His physical attributes have declined causing him to lose his explosiveness. He’s half the player without his explosiveness. He’s physically weaker too.

I really would like to see him at #10.

I’d be shocked if he’s physically weaker. Your body doesn’t go in to decline in term of physical strength until well in to your 40’s.

He does regularly get bundled off the ball. Was this not the case at Arsenal?

You could argue the warning signs were there last season at Arsenal he was not the player he was the previous season was he sulking about his move to city collapsing? Maybe but he didn’t look the same player.

Also, if you are physically explosive yes you do decline as you get older you can still put the accelerator down but you can’t do it as much in a 90 minute period that’s why Ronaldo moved from the wide position to a central area.

Rooney had the exact same issue and while some of his problems were self inflicted due to lifestyle you could see at 28 that extra burst of speed that made him a great player rather than a good player was gone.

I think you’d struggle to find a player who’s played more games for club and country in the last 4 seasons last summer was his first summer off since I think 2013 and he was rarely rested at Arsenal. These long slogs take there toll even on a player like him.

I’m not saying he’s finished but he isn’t the player he was 2 seasons ago and will need to adapt I think for him playing more central is the future but can we accommodate that?

He hasn’t been the problem this season but since he arrived has he been the solution to our problems?

He does regularly get bundled off the ball. Was this not the case at Arsenal?

He was always known as someone who loses the ball a lot. Either by getting pushed off it. Loose passes and running down blind alleys. But he was producing the bits of magic to go with it that he isn’t at the moment. Arsenal fans called it the ‘Alexis Tax’ that they were happy to pay.

To me he IS part of the problem. We are carrying him every game and he just doesn't get dropped. Someone tell me what he's done for us since he arrived apart from upsetting Martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back