Alex Telles | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Match discussion thread for discussing Alex Telles' performances.

Champions League: PSG 1-2 Manchester United - 20th October 2020

The quality of delivery from his corners is excellent. I can see United scoring a few goals from corners/set pieces.

Very promising debut. I’ve heard about his good delivery but his left foot looks like a wand at corners. If he does get a run in the side he should be on all the corners, crossable free kicks - Maguire, Cavani etc would love that type of delivery. Defensively I don’t really know as everything was kind of going down AWB’s side but promising nonetheless.

He’s tested positive for Covid so out of action for 14 days not sure when the test result came through but must be frustrating for him after a decent debut.

Apparently every time he goes on international duty he tests positive for Covid

Has he failed another test?

I saw they had a failure in the Brazil camp but it wasn’t him.

Have to question should the club have released him for international duty with him only just recovering but I’m guessing they’re powerless to stop him and he’s only just got back in the international setup so probably doesn’t want to lose that spot.

If he has tested positive that’s him stuck in Brazil for however long it takes to get him safely on a plane home and cleared by our quarantine rules.

Club have said the positive test doesn't necessarily rule him out of our next game.

He's left the Brazil squad and is due to travel back to Manchester in the next few days.

Man Utd 1 West Brom 0

Thought it was a good league debut from him not really a major test of his defensive attributes but looked comfortable going forward put in a few good crosses.

I missed the PSG game earlier in the season so this was the first time I've seen him and have to say I like what I see he's got a great chance to nail down the starting spot with Shaw out.

He seems to have a bit of offensive aggression that Shaw lacks. I suspect Shaw will really need to up his game if he is to keep his place.

Just looks much more assured and confident with the ball at his feet and has more of an attacking instinct that I think Shaw lacks.

Premier League: West Ham United 1-3 Manchester United - 5th December 2020

He struggled defensively.

He’s a very attacking player if we keep giving the ball away stupidly he’s going to be out of position a lot but he doesn’t recover quickly and that’s a problem.

Caught napping on a set piece for the goal but this isn’t a surprise all the talk when we signed him was great going forward suspect defensively. I think that is what we are seeing in most games.

Haha. I sometimes like to underplay stuff when things are bad.

It's like he had a brainfart as the corner came in and had to pause to try and remember what his job was.

FA Cup Man Utd 1-0 Watford - sat 9th Jan

Best game for a while created plenty of chances early on.

Think he’s been a good cheap addition to the squad as competition for Shaw but wouldn’t want to play him every week. Defensively he’s ropey but he puts in a wicked cross puts a lot of pace on the ball which is great for those attacking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back