Alex Sandro

hahaha Jose be like, I will close my eyes, just kidnap him, if he is not here when I open them we will just pretend he didn't exist.

jsp if we sell him today for 3m I'm never forgiving you lol

Rooney is off to MLS for £12.5m just a year after we gave him away for nothing and paid up his contract.

We are probably the worst club in the world when it comes to selling players.

If I was the new Everton manager I'd be talking up Washington and how great MLS is, if I was going into that club he'd be the first person I want out he's a constant needless distraction you just don't need.

We are pretty damn bad at selling players yes but we're probably the fairest too. We actually let some players just run down their huge contracts as they know they won't get that anywhere else.

We let Roo go as nobody would have afforded his silly wages so we kinda helped the move happen to get him off the books.

@Red Warrior the counter argument to that is we burden ourselves with players on stupidly over priced contracts and basically pay them off to leave. Rooney & Schweinstieger were basically paid a settlement figure of their remaining contract and given free transfers to go elsewhere.

We are very fair to players who've given us long and loyal service we won't demand silly prices for a player but the reality is quite a lot of players we've wanted to get rid of recently only attract loan offers which are no good to us.

One of the MEN reporters saying that we've cooled our interest in Sandro and Mourinho is thinking about going into next season with his current options, he's more likely to spend his money on a centre back than a left back at this point according to their sources.

Makes you wonder are funds being diverted towards a signing like Bale now that he might actually be available.

Don't care if we have funds for Bale, Ron and Messi. We need 2 good full/wing backs. Looked at one point like we might bet both, then only one, now neither.
But the story is from the MEN, they talk crap most of the time anyway and I just can't see Jose going another season like we are. Makes no sense at all.

I agree solve the problems that need to be solved stopped trying to fit another superstar in this squad needs the defence sorting out properly and centre mids it shouldn't need another shiny new toy up front.

Could just be a diversion tactic to try and get Juventus to come down on the price but it has been surprising that we've not seen many other left backs tabled as options since the season ended. You get the odd whisper of Rose & Tierney but they never felt like serious links.

Gosh if we start next season with Valencia and Young as first choice full backs I could go insane. Valencia I can just about take but as commendable as Young has been on the left we need a proper full back who can add much more to our game.

A lot of the stuff I read in MEN is rubbish so hopefully we are interested in Sandro because he would be a great signing. I agree with others above that we need to identify positions to strengthen, not try and shoe horn another ‘superstar’ into our line up.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This seems a dead duck in the water. All media speculation so far. Are we even in for him at all?

If Castles is reporting the deal is only happening if they come down on the fee that suggests to me there's still interest as Castles is well linked to Mourinho.

He broke the Dalot story before anyone else had it and also has been saying Fred is the number one midfield target since January so I think he knows what is going on.

Asking 60m for someone they're trying to sell is a bit mad considering that would make him the most expensive full back in history.

Reports we've agreed a £53m deal.
I think the report by Duncan Castles is the only one I’ve seen detailing this supposed £53m deal. Nowhere else has reported anything.

I would have thought if it was in the pipeline Di Marzio would be all over the story.

Although it would be a cracking signing if true.

To be fair to Castles when it comes to transfer stuff he's not normally to far wide of the mark given he's clearly got contacts close to Mourinho and Mendes he broke the Dalot deal and reported the deal for Fred as the number 1 target back in January.

From what I've see he's said Utd have agreed terms with the player and agent but still negotiating with Juventus over the price as they want 60m euro for him which Utd feel is over the top.

Reported again today that Utd & Juventus still in talks but quite far apart on the fee.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back