150px-AFC_Bournemouth_%282013%29.svg.png
vs.
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Saturday, 12 December 2015
Barclays Premier League
Dean Court
17:30 GMT

Carrick to replace Smalling?

We've only won 4 of the last 13 games in all competitions.

Must win game.

I'm not even confident especially if Smalling is out.

Our back 4 could be Varela, McNair, Blind, Borthwick-Jackson. Genuinely frightening. Suspect Carrick will be needed in midfield given injuries/suspension.

Our luck with injuries has been really bad. The timing makes it worse. It never rains it pours for us.

Van Gaal's injury update before Bournemouth v United - Official Manchester United Website

During his MUTV interview at the Aon Training Complex, van Gaal provided an update on United's injuries: "It is not so good because we have eight injured players because Darmian and also Smalling we can add to this list and Schweinsteiger is also suspended so nine players who are not able to play.

"Schneiderlin is coming back that’s not a problem but we have a list of eight players injured and Rojo has been operated on this week and it takes a long time. These injuries are very heavy – Shaw and Valencia have also been operated and that’s our problem."

On the busy Christmas schedule, the manager continued: "It is not beneficial for us because we have a heavy programme but I believe that Smalling, Herrera and Darmian are coming back before Christmas."

Following the 3-2 defeat at Wolfsburg and United's subsequent exit from the Champions League, van Gaal admitted his job this week has been to lift the player's spirits. "I try to but of course the players have to do that also by themselves they are also the professionals," he told MUTV.

"They need to use their tools to lift them up and we have a lot to fight for, I think. So we are very close in the Premier League to the top. We can fight for the FA Cup and fight also for the Europa League so I think we have enough to fight for."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Get in Fellaini! Brilliant pass and chest control from Carrick and Depay respectively.

A bit too much messing on the ball from Memphis on that occasion. He's playing well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back