Status
Not open for further replies.
Valencia - 12/8/2014

Pulled a few strings when he came on. Might have to be patient to get chances this season though. He'd be the first player to come on if we wanted to revert to 4-3-3 I feel. Can play behind the strikers in Plan A and as one of the strikers in Plan A, after the World Cup, I'll call it the "Robben role".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Considering he's only just back, he slotted back in nicely. Some great passes. I'd like to see him play with a more defensive minded in a 2 man midfield, maybe in league cup or at U21 level. I think he can play anywhere in that front 4 and can possibly play as a centre mid too in the future. Very talented kid, hasn't got a best position yet in my opinion.

Big shoes to fill wearing #11 but can make it his own.

He would be such a waste further away from goal. Can't see him as a CM in a million years.

Not talking regularly, all i'm saying is I think he's so talented he can play there in future. I see him as a #10 when he's ready, but looks more likely he'll play upfront in current system and wide when we switch to 433. Would personally have him above Kagawa in the pecking order for #10 role but we'll see what van Gaal thinks.

Swansea City - 16/8/2014

He should be the first player on the team sheet.

Brilliant player, perhaps lacking in his decision making though.

Sunderland - 24/8/2014

Quinn had a good point then, if/when Di Maria comes what happens with Januzaj? In 3-5-2 how would Mata fit in with Di Maria, never mind Adnan? If we sign a CM & then play 4-3-3 I'm guessing RvP would be up top, with Di Maria on one wing and Rooney or Mata on the other, so really he's going to be a bit part player unless injures occur, even though he's still young he's good enough to play. Will he be thinking about his future?

Thoughts?

Rooney or van Persie will miss out in a 4-3-3, only one can play. Rooney won't play wide, remember what van Gaal said in pre season, Rooney told him he could play wide but van Gaal said he only likes him at 9 and 10. The other wide spot will be between Mata and Januzaj. The advanced midfield position will be between the 3 of them. Januzaj can play up top in a 3-5-2. I'd have Di Maria left and Januzaj right.

I'd think if everyone's fit: De Gea; Rafael, (2 of) Evans/Jones/Rojo, Shaw; Carrick, Herrera, Rooney; Januzaj/Mata, van Persie, Di Maria.

Our midfield 4 today was a complete shambles.

Rooney or van Persie will miss out in a 4-3-3, only one can play. Rooney won't play wide, remember what van Gaal said in pre season, Rooney told him he could play wide but van Gaal said he only likes him at 9 and 10. The other wide spot will be between Mata and Januzaj. The advanced midfield position will be between the 3 of them. Januzaj can play up top in a 3-5-2. I'd have Di Maria left and Januzaj right.

I'd think if everyone's fit: De Gea; Rafael, (2 of) Evans/Jones/Rojo, Shaw; Carrick, Herrera, Rooney; Januzaj/Mata, van Persie, Di Maria.

Our midfield 4 today was a complete shambles.

I've stopped trying to predict team selections. I haven't a clue how to fit them all in.

We need to fit in:

Di Maria
Rooney
RvP
Januzaj
Herrera
Mata
And maybe another CM

What formation accommodates all them? We couldn't even use 4-2-4 & fit them all in.

We don't need to fit them all in. Great competition for places in attack. Whoever's playing well, plays. Need same in midfield.

Australia - 4/9/2014

Qpr - 14/9/2014

Can't blame him to much for his wild chance at the end I think he just wants to impress. I would like to see him in the Mata role.

Sunderland U21s - 15/9/2014

Tottenham Hotspur U21s - 29/9/2014

[vine]https://vine.co/v/OZlagpXbgWn[/vine]

Suspect it'll be Mata but he's putting a case forward to start in place of Rooney on Sunday.

Some say he's not been used enough so far but think like last season we're right to be managing him like this. He didn't do pre-season having gone to the World Cup. No rush.

Exactly what I feared. Tries too hard to impress and can be too individualistic, thinks he can do it on his own. He's young though and it's to be expected.

He hasn't played much this season and is trying to hard to make an impact. I'd still prefer him over Mata mind.

Probably his worst outing in a United shirt. Big shame because he'll find opportunities hard to come by, he needs to be playing more regularly the age he's at. Would a loan be an option from January if he doesn't feature much from now until then?

I'd rather have him at the club in case of injuries and to provide us with a different option.

He's young, it was his first start of the season and he was being doubled up on. He's got to learn how to deal with that. He'll get more games in coming months than he has been getting. 2nd half of the season we'll hopefully have an FA Cup run too.

Important I think to also remember that after an initial very good start to his career, Sterling fell off for a spell before coming back an even better player. It's the same for most youngsters, think we're also seeing that with Lukaku right now and there are others that could possibly be mentioned.

I'd rather have him at the club in case of injuries and to provide us with a different option.

He's young, it was his first start of the season and he was being doubled up on. He's got to learn how to deal with that. He'll get more games in coming months than he has been getting. 2nd half of the season we'll hopefully have an FA Cup run too.

Important I think to also remember that after an initial very good start to his career, Sterling fell off for a spell before coming back an even better player. It's the same for most youngsters, think we're also seeing that with Lukaku right now and there are others that could possibly be mentioned.

Ronaldo didn't turn out too shabby.

Chelsea - 26/10/2014

Much improved this game, faded in the 2nd along with everyone else.

I think he's a better player on the left. Di Maria better than him on right but better himself on left. Need a right footer with quality on right of front 3. Di Maria left of midfield 3 and Januzaj left of front 3.

Iceland - 12/11/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back