Status
Not open for further replies.
Singha All Star XI - 13/07/2013

Brilliant. Better than I expected to be honest. Quality of opposition not great but if he continues like that, he'll be fast tracked to the first team.

Very pleased by Januzaj's performance. I was undecided on what was best for him this season, but if he continues to impress he has a good chance of being part of Moyes' squad this term.

He's only 18, no rush to get him out on loan and playing. Give him some chances in the first team and loan him out next season for games.

Did nothing wrong today and was good experience for the lad, am hoping for big things from Adnan, but agree he shouldnt be rushed

Moyes:

I thought Adnan played well tonight and was a plus for us. He was the pick of the group. It’s always good when you give a young player a chance and he shows up, which I thought he did tonight. And the more he plays like that, the more opportunities he’s liable to get.

Probably won't start next game, would imagine Kagawa and Zaha will come in to start, possibly Lingard too. Thought the trio of Adnan, Lingard and Zaha did very well together. Quite exciting.

I dont see any reason to loan him out at all. Get him into the first team squad and give him some game time. No need to flog him to death but I certainly feel he is good enough to be in the squad and play some games.

Adnan Januzaj vs Singha All Star (13-07-2013) HD

[video=youtube_share;YYc_BwbtY4E]http://youtu.be/YYc_BwbtY4E[/video]

Just watched that video, looking forward to seeing him play when he is even sharper and the rest of the team is too.

I have been hugely impressed since the first time I saw him in the U18s. He looks every inch a proper footballer. There are still some stories about Barca wanting him. We cannot allow this to happen. He needs to see he is making good progression, so a promotion to the first team squad is essential i think. We have already lost some good talent over the last couple of years, admittedly with some good reason in some cases, but we cannot let this happen with Adnan.

A-League All Stars - 20/07/13

Made an instant impact on the game and was unlucky not to score as he hit the post.

He looks a natural fit into the 1st team, and hope he gets his chance next season

Doesn't score many, by my records, he's only scored 3 goals for U18s and U21s. Something to work on, apart from that though.... a fantastic player to watch, comes so natural to him does this football lark. Smooth.

I think he is more of a creator than a goal scorer, so I wouldnt be expecting him to get alot of goals each year

Still something he can work on though, he is only 18 mind, plenty of time.

Came on, dropped into CM, picked ball up from CB and pinged a 40 yarder out to Lingard.

Cerezo Osaka - 26/7/13

Brilliant inside pass to Anderson for Zaha's goal.

Kitchee FC - 29/7/13

His cameo was excellent, great skills and nice headed goal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

v Sevilla - 9/8/2013

Liverpool reserves - 19/08/13

Watched the match last night. Probably the best performance I've seen of Januzaj, was on the ball constantly in the 2nd half which I love to see, whereas Lingard on the opposite flank was anonymous, although he did have a very good first half. Adnan is starting to look too good for this level in my view.

Its hard to know what to do with him. He is definitely too good for this standard of football but I dont really want to loan him out either. I think he can have an impact on the first team this season.

Too good for this level, even last season in my opinion. When we start playing 3 games in a week, i'd like to see him involved.

WBA U21s - 23/8/2013

Crystal Palace - 14/9/2013

50 years ago today George Best made his debut... No pressure there then, Adnan. Very exciting cameo.

More threatening than Valencia and Young put together. Glides past players. Same bday as Cristiano aswell SB.

He is a top player who needs some first team football. Really happy he got some game time today.

I am always banging the drum about this kid and he didnt disappoint when he came on, he changed the game for me along with Fellaini

As the saying goes... if you're good enough, you're old enough. Not seen how he'd do defensively or tactically yet though. Perfect game for him today, opposition down to 10 men and sitting back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back