Aaron Wan-Bissaka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will take more than that to get him but I think this kid is unreal and in a better team I think he could show off more of his attacking attributes.

Even with Dalot at the club I think Utd have to go for this kid.

Would be a hell of a signing and RB is definitely an area we need to improve on. RB, CB, CM and I think a RW are all needed this summer. No excuses, no dithering about with money. Ed needs to back Ole.

my only problem with this signing is, we alreday have a young RB with a suspected bright future, should we buying a proven player?

my only problem with this signing is, we alreday have a young RB with a suspected bright future, should we buying a proven player?

Fair point... but could we move Dalot to LB? Or even RW?

Think with 18 months in the league you can say he's a proven player now he's picked every week by Palace and is a stand out player for them in nearly every game.

Dalot is a similar age but he looks nowhere near ready to play at full back in this league whereas Wan Bissaka does.

If we aren't buying a RB in the summer then Dalot has to be the starter next season if he doesn't play he won't progress.

Think the game last night just intensified the thoughts that we should be doing all we can to get AWB in the summer. Would take a very good offer but we need to nail down this right back slot because we cannot have Young no more.

If we bought AWB, would that mean Dalot is backup ? or is there a possible chance for him to play further up the pitch maybe ?

Ole seems to prefer Dalot further forward and he has a great cross on him. What are people’s thought on him defensively. I do like the look of the kid but I don’t know if he’s gonna make it at RB at the top level. Looks more comfortable when he’s further forward.

He's still very raw but I think he has bags of potential, I wouldn't mind seeing him have a few games further forward, but then comes the problem of if he plays well there, do united do their normal trick and scrimp by not buying a natural right sided attacker ?

Having said that, I really do believe that we could see a lot of new arrivals in the summer, but im not getting my hopes up too early.

He does look comfortable further forward, he’s obviously still learning his trade on the defensive side of things but not sure if he looks top class in either defence/attack - although he is still young and raw. He could well end up being a utility player, someone who can operate all down the right side. But for me bringing in another right back is essential this summer.

Issue with him playing further forward is in a 4-3-3 does he score enough goals?

Got a good cross on him but these positions in the modern game are more about scoring 15-20 a season and creating.

I think we have to get Wan Bissaka looks amazing every time I see him

If we bought AWB, would that mean Dalot is backup ? or is there a possible chance for him to play further up the pitch maybe ?

I'd actually play Dalot further up field and let him develop there. He's got a lot of pace and skill and wants to get at players so try him RW?

Have just read an article that he says he’s happy at Palace and will be there next season. Obviously this is the standard reply from players when it comes to their future and money does talk. However, I don’t think it would be the worse thing for him, spend another year in the league before making that big step up. Obviously would love him here but think we may have to look elsewhere.

Think he said at their end of season awards that he's very happy and only sees himself at Palace next season.

For his career personally makes a lot of sense and you wonder if someone like Zaha may have spoken to him and warned him about making jumps to quickly especially to these big clubs where you just become another player rather than being more looked after.

you drop a decent bid in, double his money and promise him a start it will all change.

I'm sure you could try and tempt him but you have to then consider why is he moving and most important is he ready to handle it.

Playing for Palace in front of 30,000, 1 game per week, everyone loves you is very different to Utd 2 games a week, 75,000 and everyone is waiting to dive on your every mistake it's a different ball game.

The quotes I've seen seem pretty clear that he's not interested in moving yet it wasn't the usual vague open ended stuff you normally get from players.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If this is true then we truly are so so stupid, but then again, probably click bait if its anything to do with us.

I’m not completely sold as others, I have mentioned in other threads that yeah I would be up for it but thinking about it logically would he be the best solution? He’s very good defensively but his passing and crossing is poor right now, obviously he’s young and has time to improve but we have a young guy Laird in the reserves that has it all. If you asked me to put money on guys who will make it here from the youth teams then Laird and Greenwood would have my money all day long. I think a good option would be buying Meunièr and promote Laird - this is forgetting about Dalot a little but I think he may end up further forward anyway.

I think Ole wants to build a side that is heavy on the British player. Hence Wan Bissaka, James and possibly Rice, Longstaff and Sancho.

The only concern I have with this kid is that we've only had 1 season to judge him on but defensively the lad is fantastic and when I've seen him going forward he's looked good he is a converted winger so you'd hope he's retained some of that attacking prowess.

He's like the opposite of Dalot who looks great going forward but clueless defensively.

If he comes it will be a different role as he'll be expected to get forward a lot more than he does at Palace.

Headline doesn't tell the story because Wan-Bissaka is not a £25m defender if he goes it'll end up being £40-50m like Neville said these clubs aren't selling cheap anymore because they don't have to unless they've got players who have run down contracts.

I you get it wrong now as a top club you really get stuck because these clubs won't buy these boys back at anything like the price they sold them for.

Should definitely go and get this guy. He's young, has shown what he can do in the PL and RB is a big need.

I think for him one more year at palace is best for him and given we’ve already got Dalot I think it’s more likely we go for someone with a bit more experience.

Tricky one right back. Dont feel like young can do another season as first choice. Far from convinced about dalot as a defender. Tuanzebe has the right physical stature but no real experience of the position. If we can't get wan bassaka or somebody of that ilk then we may have to look at somebody more experienced in the short term

I think for me if we can’t Wan-Bissaka then we have to go for Meunier. He is still late twenties I believe so we can a few years out of him and then hopefully then someone like Laird would be ready. Although if we can get AWB then that could be right back sorted for the next 10 years.

AWB would be the perfect signing in my mind and if we want him then just go get him. Palace can't dig in too much if he also wants to go.

At the sort of sums being mentioned 50-60n you have to be absolutely certain he can handle the move to Manchester and the pressure.

Shaw, Schniederlin, Zaha all struggled making that step up, Utd is a very tough club to come into and develop right now the pressure on new signings is huge.

Got to get these deals done regardless of price. We need to add a lot of quality this summer and to do that we have to pay for it.

£60m would be bonkers in truth for a guy who has one season under his belt at the top level. I know it’s the price you pay for English players but we could go over to the continent and maybe get Cancelo for half of that, or Hysaj, Meunièr etc.

Not saying we shouldn’t sign him but £60m? We shouldn’t get fleeced just because he’s English and we need a right back.

£60m would be bonkers in truth for a guy who has one season under his belt at the top level. I know it’s the price you pay for English players but we could go over to the continent and maybe get Cancelo for half of that, or Hysaj, Meunièr etc.

Not saying we shouldn’t sign him but £60m? We shouldn’t get fleeced just because he’s English and we need a right back.

This the market now though Cancelo is reportedly on his way to City probably for around 50-60m, Madrid have just picked up a left back from Lyon called Mendy for 50m I'd never heard of him but then I don't see much European football these days.

I would hope that Utd will be structuring the deal in a way where there are plenty of bonuses.

English players do cost a premium but you do need them and you hope that you get a long service out of them as unlike foreign players they are unlikely to move around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back