Aaron Wan-Bissaka

jsp

Will take more than that to get him but I think this kid is unreal and in a better team I think he could show off more of his attacking attributes.

Even with Dalot at the club I think Utd have to go for this kid.

RichH2016

Would be a hell of a signing and RB is definitely an area we need to improve on. RB, CB, CM and I think a RW are all needed this summer. No excuses, no dithering about with money. Ed needs to back Ole.

Mr C

my only problem with this signing is, we alreday have a young RB with a suspected bright future, should we buying a proven player?

RichH2016

my only problem with this signing is, we alreday have a young RB with a suspected bright future, should we buying a proven player?
Fair point... but could we move Dalot to LB? Or even RW?

jsp

Think with 18 months in the league you can say he's a proven player now he's picked every week by Palace and is a stand out player for them in nearly every game.

Dalot is a similar age but he looks nowhere near ready to play at full back in this league whereas Wan Bissaka does.

If we aren't buying a RB in the summer then Dalot has to be the starter next season if he doesn't play he won't progress.

SuperRash

Think the game last night just intensified the thoughts that we should be doing all we can to get AWB in the summer. Would take a very good offer but we need to nail down this right back slot because we cannot have Young no more.

Ben Townsend

If we bought AWB, would that mean Dalot is backup ? or is there a possible chance for him to play further up the pitch maybe ?

IDFD

Ole seems to prefer Dalot further forward and he has a great cross on him. What are people’s thought on him defensively. I do like the look of the kid but I don’t know if he’s gonna make it at RB at the top level. Looks more comfortable when he’s further forward.

Ben Townsend

He's still very raw but I think he has bags of potential, I wouldn't mind seeing him have a few games further forward, but then comes the problem of if he plays well there, do united do their normal trick and scrimp by not buying a natural right sided attacker ?

Having said that, I really do believe that we could see a lot of new arrivals in the summer, but im not getting my hopes up too early.

SuperRash

He does look comfortable further forward, he’s obviously still learning his trade on the defensive side of things but not sure if he looks top class in either defence/attack - although he is still young and raw. He could well end up being a utility player, someone who can operate all down the right side. But for me bringing in another right back is essential this summer.

jsp

Issue with him playing further forward is in a 4-3-3 does he score enough goals?

Got a good cross on him but these positions in the modern game are more about scoring 15-20 a season and creating.

I think we have to get Wan Bissaka looks amazing every time I see him

RichH2016

If we bought AWB, would that mean Dalot is backup ? or is there a possible chance for him to play further up the pitch maybe ?
I'd actually play Dalot further up field and let him develop there. He's got a lot of pace and skill and wants to get at players so try him RW?

SuperRash

Have just read an article that he says he’s happy at Palace and will be there next season. Obviously this is the standard reply from players when it comes to their future and money does talk. However, I don’t think it would be the worse thing for him, spend another year in the league before making that big step up. Obviously would love him here but think we may have to look elsewhere.

jsp

Think he said at their end of season awards that he's very happy and only sees himself at Palace next season.

For his career personally makes a lot of sense and you wonder if someone like Zaha may have spoken to him and warned him about making jumps to quickly especially to these big clubs where you just become another player rather than being more looked after.

Mr C

you drop a decent bid in, double his money and promise him a start it will all change.

jsp

I'm sure you could try and tempt him but you have to then consider why is he moving and most important is he ready to handle it.

Playing for Palace in front of 30,000, 1 game per week, everyone loves you is very different to Utd 2 games a week, 75,000 and everyone is waiting to dive on your every mistake it's a different ball game.

The quotes I've seen seem pretty clear that he's not interested in moving yet it wasn't the usual vague open ended stuff you normally get from players.

Ben Townsend

If this is true then we truly are so so stupid, but then again, probably click bait if its anything to do with us.

SuperRash

I’m not completely sold as others, I have mentioned in other threads that yeah I would be up for it but thinking about it logically would he be the best solution? He’s very good defensively but his passing and crossing is poor right now, obviously he’s young and has time to improve but we have a young guy Laird in the reserves that has it all. If you asked me to put money on guys who will make it here from the youth teams then Laird and Greenwood would have my money all day long. I think a good option would be buying Meunièr and promote Laird - this is forgetting about Dalot a little but I think he may end up further forward anyway.

Mr C

I think Ole wants to build a side that is heavy on the British player. Hence Wan Bissaka, James and possibly Rice, Longstaff and Sancho.

jsp

The only concern I have with this kid is that we've only had 1 season to judge him on but defensively the lad is fantastic and when I've seen him going forward he's looked good he is a converted winger so you'd hope he's retained some of that attacking prowess.

He's like the opposite of Dalot who looks great going forward but clueless defensively.

If he comes it will be a different role as he'll be expected to get forward a lot more than he does at Palace.