Aaron Wan-Bissaka | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

De Gea is the best of a bad bunch of players, but will need replacing to take us to the next level. Allison and Ederson pass the ball really well when under pressure, command their areas anddistribute the ball brilliantly.

Granted, he is not a LB, but for someone 100 % defence that offer nothing going forward, to lose Salah like that. He sure must be singled out for. I mean it's not like he was found out too high on the counter, he has just let Salah run inside him and couldn't correct his mistake.

Are you talking about the final goal?

Maguire makes a poor pass, Dalot makes a weak tackle, AWB actually gets back and makes a block very unlucky with the outcome. Then after he stops Salah getting a shot away for a hat trick.

No one deserves praise for last night but AWB I don’t think deserves blame.

Are you talking about the final goal?

Maguire makes a poor pass, Dalot makes a weak tackle, AWB actually gets back and makes a block very unlucky with the outcome. Then after he stops Salah getting a shot away for a hat trick.

No one deserves praise for last night but AWB I don’t think deserves blame.
Yes i'm talking about the last goal. It was a one on one and he let Salah getting inside. I know he tried to stop him, but for someone only focused to the defensive side of thing, that is not good enought, but of course, all starded with the stupid McGuire.

Yes i'm talking about the last goal. It was a one on one and he let Salah getting inside. I know he tried to stop him, but for someone only focused to the defensive side of thing, that is not good enought, but of course, all starded with the stupid McGuire.

Maguire does have to carry the fault on the 4th it starts with him he causes that situation with a poor pass out to Hannibal who doesn't protect the ball, Dalot then doesn't throw himself into Jota to win the ball or commit the foul and Liverpool are in again.

I don't think you can give AWB much blame on that goal he managed to get back and make a challenge the luck of the bounce went against him on another day it hits the keeper or goes over rather than spin up the way it did.

It's also at 4-0 and all the problems Utd had in wide areas yesterday came from the side AWB wasn't on.

I don't think he's good enough in the long term to be our right back but last night he wasn't the problem.

Maguire does have to carry the fault on the 4th it starts with him he causes that situation with a poor pass out to Hannibal who doesn't protect the ball, Dalot then doesn't throw himself into Jota to win the ball or commit the foul and Liverpool are in again.

I don't think you can give AWB much blame on that goal he managed to get back and make a challenge the luck of the bounce went against him on another day it hits the keeper or goes over rather than spin up the way it did.

It's also at 4-0 and all the problems Utd had in wide areas yesterday came from the side AWB wasn't on.

I don't think he's good enough in the long term to be our right back but last night he wasn't the problem.
I understand your point. Like i said before, i only see a futur for him, if we convert him to CB. He is tall enought and has pace to recover.

I understand your point. Like i said before, i only see a futur for him, if we convert him to CB. He is tall enought and has pace to recover.

There is no future for him he isn't good enough on the ball, he doesn't stand in the correct position, he's not great in the air he'll never make it as a centre back not in a million years. If he wants to learn he needs to learn at another club.

I think in the modern game you can't carry lads that can't look after the ball anymore no amount of slide tackles will make up for the fact that he can't pass a football or control the ball properly.

I also question his desire he jogs out to the ball rather than sprint out.

There is no future for him he isn't good enough on the ball, he doesn't stand in the correct position, he's not great in the air he'll never make it as a centre back not in a million years. If he wants to learn he needs to learn at another club.

I think in the modern game you can't carry lads that can't look after the ball anymore no amount of slide tackles will make up for the fact that he can't pass a football or control the ball properly.

I also question his desire he jogs out to the ball rather than sprint out.
I agree, but we can't sell all your backline in one window. At the moment, i expect a new RB (Timber if possible), with one of Dalot or AWB being the backup and the other being sold. At CB, we should sell McGuire, Bailly and Jones and get atleast 1 CB in (left footed if possible). Gvardiol is my pick.

I agree, but we can't sell all your backline in one window. At the moment, i expect a new RB (Timber if possible), with one of Dalot or AWB being the backup and the other being sold. At CB, we should sell McGuire, Bailly and Jones and get atleast 1 CB in (left footed if possible). Gvardiol is my pick.
I sort of agree here. I think we are going to have to do quite a lot of selling 2 to buy 1 and then beef up the squad with some of the returning U23s.

I wouldn’t be against selling AWB but we can’t get rid of everyone, even after last night I wouldn’t have let anyone on the bus home (maybe Hannibal).

It’s frustrating because AWB actually looked like he could of been our answer when he first joined. He was brilliant defensively, granted he’s always needed to work on his attacking play but all facets of his game have gone to pot. His ball control is shocking at times and his brain always work before his feet. If he ironed out his rough edges there is a player in there but don’t think we have the time or ability to let him just develop in the first team.

It's going to be interesting to see what Ten Hag thinks with AWB. Does he think he can use him? Will he almost feel forced to given the situation of the squad.

Hard to really see where he goes unless Palace want to buy him back at a drop down price.

My guess is he has a go with him tries to smooth the rough edges and improve him but I’d be surprised if he survives beyond next season.

I think Dalot is easier to sell, so i predict he will survive the first season under ETH as a backup choice, unless Newcastle come in for him

I just discovered Frimpong from Leverkusen. Never seen live, but look good on YouTube going forward. Only 21. I hope ETH target this type of player ( young age, pacy, agility, good close control). Only After getting his replacement in we can make the hard decision on AWB. I have no problem getting a low fee for him if we can free up place in the team.

He's been told he doesn't fit in to ETH's plans and to find himself a move.

gutted, without a single training session to prove himself.

Hope we have someone lined up then.

To be honest if you've watched the matches especially this season you can't see him working out.

He's got ability but he needs to be in a side that is sitting deep and playing on the counter attack in a team that wants to play possession football and build from the back he's got no chance.

Hard to really think of teams that suit him other than a return to Palace you've got Wolves/Burnley who play a pretty defensive counter attack style.

Oh yeah, he's not good and needs selling. I'm not a fan of his

I was kind of saying what he must be feeling.

Only got himself to blame

I maintain in his first 2 seasons he was an ok right back nowhere near what you would want from a £50m right back but he was slowly getting better at the weak parts of his game but this season he's been pathetic so if he's being moved on he only has himself to blame.

I'm not sure, he's great at tacking back, that is his skill, whereas I have always thought a better defender would not get into those situations in the first place.
But if he is listed for sale, we must have someone lined up.

I'm not sure, he's great at tacking back, that is his skill, whereas I have always thought a better defender would not get into those situations in the first place.
But if he is listed for sale, we must have someone lined up.

It's a tough one to really work out because compare him to the full backs at the top 2 they don't do a lot of defending because their teams keep the ball well and when they lose it they win it back high up the pitch. If you have the ball 70% of the time in most games you aren't doing much defending.

Just think being at Utd has highlighted the weaknesses in his game at Palace under Hodgson they were a super defensive side sitting deep and playing on the break his job was basically stop their winger and he hardly went forward. He then comes to Utd and in a lot of games we need him to be our attacking outlet on the right and he's just not good enough on the ball at this level.

I think his signing was an example of the lack of plan behind how this squad was put together we maybe didn't see it straight away but with the benefit of hindsight it became pretty clear that AWB couldn't do the job Ole needed him to do. Was that bad scouting or was it scouts not being given the right information on what the manager wanted? We don't really know but we know Ole had the veto so he must have looked at AWB and thought he fits the plan.

Another player we'll be taking a big loss on as at best we might get back half way we paid for him.

I think it's a good sign that players are already up for sale. Shows Ten Hag knows what he wants and who he doesn't want. Raise money early for incomings.

Anybody that thinks ten Hag has decided already he doesn't want AWB at the club obviously wants it to be true too much. It's nonsense.

It's a tough one to really work out because compare him to the full backs at the top 2 they don't do a lot of defending because their teams keep the ball well and when they lose it they win it back high up the pitch. If you have the ball 70% of the time in most games you aren't doing much defending.

Just think being at Utd has highlighted the weaknesses in his game at Palace under Hodgson they were a super defensive side sitting deep and playing on the break his job was basically stop their winger and he hardly went forward. He then comes to Utd and in a lot of games we need him to be our attacking outlet on the right and he's just not good enough on the ball at this level.

I think his signing was an example of the lack of plan behind how this squad was put together we maybe didn't see it straight away but with the benefit of hindsight it became pretty clear that AWB couldn't do the job Ole needed him to do. Was that bad scouting or was it scouts not being given the right information on what the manager wanted? We don't really know but we know Ole had the veto so he must have looked at AWB and thought he fits the plan.

Another player we'll be taking a big loss on as at best we might get back half way we paid for him.
Under Ole’s rule, AWB was fine. Ole wanted to play 4231 and hit on the counter. The new guy doesn’t want to play that way, so AWB no longer fits. I don’t think that’s bad scouting, just a change of plan.

Under Ole’s rule, AWB was fine. Ole wanted to play 4231 and hit on the counter. The new guy doesn’t want to play that way, so AWB no longer fits. I don’t think that’s bad scouting, just a change of plan.

I don't think the eventual plan was to play on the counter under Ole it's why he tried to change it and become more of a passing team in his final season because he knew to win the league we had to get better results again the teams in the middle/bottom parts of the table who wouldn't allow Utd to play on the break.

Wan-Bassaka was never going to be able to adapt to that.

I just think in terms of price paid for him questions have to be asked of the scouting department so that we don't make the same mistake again.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back