Aaron Wan-Bissaka | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Match discussion thread for discussing Aaron Wan-Bissaka's performances.

I assume he must have a knock or something. Him and Greenwood should have started down the right hand side.
Should have and I'm really not sure why. Both were on the bench so if they were on the bench in my opinion they would have been fit enough to start really.

AWB and Matic had to quarantine when they came back from their holidays as they didn't go on internationals both were given extended breaks by Ole to rest after long hard seasons.

Think they'd only done 3 or 4 days training with the team so probably didn't want to risk him with only 3 subs as he knew Pogba wasn't ready for 90 minutes.

Premier League: Brighton and Hove Albion 2-3 Manchester United - 26th September 2020

Defensively poor just didn’t know what to do as they flooded his side with players, looked shattered by the end and didn’t protect the back post for the equaliser.

Very shocking positioning today he was so narrow and was beat so many time’s. never seen Antonio Valencia play like that

he's not had a great start to the season.

He was disappointing vs Brighton but I expect him to perk up with more games under his belt.

Also the guy is still young in terms of PL appearances so there is going to be peaks and troughs. Not worried at all. Also once we get Sancho, hopefully it’ll unlock his attacking potential a little more.

He was disappointing vs Brighton but I expect him to perk up with more games under his belt.

Also the guy is still young in terms of PL appearances so there is going to be peaks and troughs. Not worried at all. Also once we get Sancho, hopefully it’ll unlock his attacking potential a little more.
Can you imagine him and Sancho on the same side ? Mouth watering prospect.

For the R5 commentry on Saturday. They said some of the problems AWB was having was Greenwood not helping out defensively. Will Sancho change that? I don't know what he's like chasing back.

I know Ole changed it and went back 3 so AWB could concentrate on March, and it didn't work as he lost him for the goal. So maybe Greenwood wasn't that much of an issue and AWB was just having a mare.

Wan Bissaka was just having a mare. His positioning was all over the shop.

I think it what superrash said about there’s going to be games like this is bang one I expect him to bounce back nothing to worry about.

It was one bad game.

Ole needs to take some of it as well we were not setup to deal with the 3-5-2 our wide forwards didn't push their wing backs into defensive positions. The two strikers gave our centre backs problems one vs one so our full backs had to try and stay tight to block those channels down the side of them as well as get forward when we had the ball.

Greenwood wasn't helping him out defensively but neither was the midfield it was clear 4-2-3-1 wasn't working and AWB was struggling big time fitness wise he looked gone after 60 minutes.

I didn't see the game, had to miss it as you know grrrrr but AWB hasn't had a good game since what, mid lockdown? I think it's becoming apparent that the majority of players were worn out at the end of the season and with little rest and no pre season it's just like the continuation from the bad run. Nearly all our players are the same. City seem to be having the same problem.

I'm worried this season could be a huge slump that we just can't get out.

I think it’ll be the same for everyone especially the ones in the cup competitions even Liverpool haven’t got good depth I expect when the games start coming thick and fast a lot of points dropped by everyone.

I didn't see the game, had to miss it as you know grrrrr but AWB hasn't had a good game since what, mid lockdown? I think it's becoming apparent that the majority of players were worn out at the end of the season and with little rest and no pre season it's just like the continuation from the bad run. Nearly all our players are the same. City seem to be having the same problem.

I'm worried this season could be a huge slump that we just can't get out.

He played well vs Luton was full of energy right through the full 90 minutes think the second game in a few days really took it out of him and the system the opponent used caused him major issues.

He’s going to need rotating through the season same with Shaw full back is a crazy amount of running these days.

Premier League: Newcastle United 1-4 Manchester United - 17th October 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Glad he’s got himself a goal.

Great finish

Champions League: PSG 1-2 Manchester United - 20th October 2020

Excellent Champions League debut. He had Mbappe’s number.

It hadnt occurred to me it was his CL debut, but he was excellent. Well done indeed to him and the whole defensive line up.

Premier League: Manchester United v Leeds United - 20th December 2020

Looks to me like a man in need of a rest he’s had a bit of a dip in form will Ole look to bring Williams in as right back for a few games.

I’d like to see Laird get an opportunity but yeah it will be Williams if Wan Bissaka is rested, which I’m not sure he will be given the opposition in the next two league games.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Aston Villa - 1st January 2021

Tasty cross delivered at speed for Martial’s goal against Villa. More of that please.

Did you know? AWB has not had a single booking all season. That is remarkable given his position and how he plays the game.

Top cross for the opener but poor stuff for Villa’s goal.
Yeah very dozy for the goal but also saved a pretty certain goal with a last ditch clearance. Thought he was good tonight and rounded off with an assist.

Couldn’t tell but looked like he was talking with the ref wasn’t sure if he was getting a telling off for blocking the first free kick but having done that he should then get back into position.

I remember a quote by Souness talking about the top players and his point was when the ball goes dead the top players switch on the bad players switch off.

Premier League Fulham 1-2 Man Utd

worries me a bit at the moment just doesn’t look switched on all the time maybe needs a rest with Williams injured it’s hard to see where the rest comes from for him.

Still made his usual brilliant blocks though. Agree he needs a rest, but as you say, who comes into the team?

Still made his usual brilliant blocks though. Agree he needs a rest, but as you say, who comes into the team?

Tuanzebe I guess would be next in line but he’s not really a RB.

Sometimes with the blocks they look great but it’s lunges to recover from bad positioning if he was switched on he’d have the situation under control and not need to make risky interventions.

I do think a right back signing might be required bit like Telles has done just to keep the starter in his toes and give a bit of rest.

Tuanzebe I guess would be next in line but he’s not really a RB.

Sometimes with the blocks they look great but it’s lunges to recover from bad positioning if he was switched on he’d have the situation under control and not need to make risky interventions.

I do think a right back signing might be required bit like Telles has done just to keep the starter in his toes and give a bit of rest.
Two players for every position and all that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back