Aaron Wan-Bissaka | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

RichH2016

I assume he must have a knock or something. Him and Greenwood should have started down the right hand side.
Should have and I'm really not sure why. Both were on the bench so if they were on the bench in my opinion they would have been fit enough to start really.

jsp

AWB and Matic had to quarantine when they came back from their holidays as they didn't go on internationals both were given extended breaks by Ole to rest after long hard seasons.

Think they'd only done 3 or 4 days training with the team so probably didn't want to risk him with only 3 subs as he knew Pogba wasn't ready for 90 minutes.

jsp

Premier League: Brighton and Hove Albion 2-3 Manchester United - 26th September 2020

Defensively poor just didn’t know what to do as they flooded his side with players, looked shattered by the end and didn’t protect the back post for the equaliser.

SIR-ALEX-FERGIE

Very shocking positioning today he was so narrow and was beat so many time’s. never seen Antonio Valencia play like that

SuperRash

He was disappointing vs Brighton but I expect him to perk up with more games under his belt.

Also the guy is still young in terms of PL appearances so there is going to be peaks and troughs. Not worried at all. Also once we get Sancho, hopefully it’ll unlock his attacking potential a little more.

SIR-ALEX-FERGIE

He was disappointing vs Brighton but I expect him to perk up with more games under his belt.

Also the guy is still young in terms of PL appearances so there is going to be peaks and troughs. Not worried at all. Also once we get Sancho, hopefully it’ll unlock his attacking potential a little more.
Can you imagine him and Sancho on the same side ? Mouth watering prospect.

Mr C

For the R5 commentry on Saturday. They said some of the problems AWB was having was Greenwood not helping out defensively. Will Sancho change that? I don't know what he's like chasing back.

I know Ole changed it and went back 3 so AWB could concentrate on March, and it didn't work as he lost him for the goal. So maybe Greenwood wasn't that much of an issue and AWB was just having a mare.

IDFD

Wan Bissaka was just having a mare. His positioning was all over the shop.

SIR-ALEX-FERGIE

I think it what superrash said about there’s going to be games like this is bang one I expect him to bounce back nothing to worry about.

jsp

It was one bad game.

Ole needs to take some of it as well we were not setup to deal with the 3-5-2 our wide forwards didn't push their wing backs into defensive positions. The two strikers gave our centre backs problems one vs one so our full backs had to try and stay tight to block those channels down the side of them as well as get forward when we had the ball.

Greenwood wasn't helping him out defensively but neither was the midfield it was clear 4-2-3-1 wasn't working and AWB was struggling big time fitness wise he looked gone after 60 minutes.

Red Warrior

I didn't see the game, had to miss it as you know grrrrr but AWB hasn't had a good game since what, mid lockdown? I think it's becoming apparent that the majority of players were worn out at the end of the season and with little rest and no pre season it's just like the continuation from the bad run. Nearly all our players are the same. City seem to be having the same problem.

I'm worried this season could be a huge slump that we just can't get out.

SIR-ALEX-FERGIE

I think it’ll be the same for everyone especially the ones in the cup competitions even Liverpool haven’t got good depth I expect when the games start coming thick and fast a lot of points dropped by everyone.

jsp

I didn't see the game, had to miss it as you know grrrrr but AWB hasn't had a good game since what, mid lockdown? I think it's becoming apparent that the majority of players were worn out at the end of the season and with little rest and no pre season it's just like the continuation from the bad run. Nearly all our players are the same. City seem to be having the same problem.

I'm worried this season could be a huge slump that we just can't get out.

He played well vs Luton was full of energy right through the full 90 minutes think the second game in a few days really took it out of him and the system the opponent used caused him major issues.

He’s going to need rotating through the season same with Shaw full back is a crazy amount of running these days.

Sideshow Bob

Champions League: PSG 1-2 Manchester United - 20th October 2020

Excellent Champions League debut. He had Mbappe’s number.

Shoot

It hadnt occurred to me it was his CL debut, but he was excellent. Well done indeed to him and the whole defensive line up.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now