0​
Red Cards​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

Pre-Season: Perth Glory 0-2 Manchester United - 13th July 2019

Think I'm going to like this lad. He's going to be an excellent defender.

How did he look going forwards? I know his priority is defending but we need him to attack well too.

Pre-Season 2019/20: Manchester United 4-0 Leeds United - 17th July 2019

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ooh my word that's a lovely bit of skill. So refreshing to see a full back who can do that.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-0 Chelsea - 11th August 2019

Bargain. Excellent debut.

Defensively this guy is unreal still room to improve going forward but doubt many wingers will enjoy playing against him this season.

EFL Cup: Manchester United 1-1 Rochdale - 25th September 2019

Tonight is the first time he has frustrated me. He far too often played the ball back into midfield instead of attacking the opponent or crossing the ball.

Premier League: Norwich City 1-3 Manchester United - 27th October 2019

He was defensively excellent.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Premier League: AFC Bournemouth 1-0 Manchester United - 2nd November 2019

He should have done better for the goal.

Was a strange one he obviously can’t let your man turn like that you have to keep him facing away from goal but he probably thought Lindelof has that side covered not realising he’d moved out to block a potential lay off to a Bournemouth player.

Learn and move on is the message here he will know he’s done wrong learn from it and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-2 Aston Villa - 1st December 2019

His attacking ability is average at best.

Think I said it midweek. I’m not sure if his abilities as a top 4 full back because he’s too weak at going forwards.

There is a theory that the trend in football is moving back towards full backs who are more natural defenders rather than basically attackers, Liverpool get away with it to an extent because they have a midfield that don't really flood forward into attacking areas so it's all about having the right balance.

The attacking part of his game isn't fantastic but I don't see a huge difference between him and Dalot they both put in the odd good cross in, both have an ok shot on them and both have ok dribbling skills.

The top full backs have both and a lot of he attacking side of it is just having the fitness to be there when you need to attack and recover when you need to defend and AWB has that so I think over time he'll improve his final ball and decision making.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 4th December 2019

His quality on the ball was poor at times.

His inability to be an attacking outlet could be an issue. The right sided centre back in a three man defence could be his best position.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 4th December 2019

His quality on the ball was poor at times.

His inability to be an attacking outlet could be an issue. The right sided centre back in a three man defence could be his best position.

Very much like Walker then...

I thought he was excellent last night and when on the ball mostly kept it simple and played in James.

Spurs like to overload that right hand side usually and they didn’t get much joy from it yesterday.

His distribution can be iffy at times but he’s going to be a world class right back. All the ingredients are there and his attacking flaws have kind of been over hyped, I think he is just fine right now for his experience.

Going forward is a weakness but he's 21 so give him some time as defensively he was excellent put Son in his pocket basically all night didn't give him a sniff all night and he at least shows the willing to get forward just needs to tighten up on a few bits of his game. Just having a guy who can get up and overlap is sometimes enough.

Premier League: Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United

MOTM for me. A terrific defensive display by him.

No better one vs one defender in the league right now than this kid it's no fluke either we all know where the improvement needs to come but he reminds me Ashley Cole who I always felt was massively over rated going forward but defensively he was superb.

I don't watch anywhere near enough European/world football anymore to make those sort of claims but if there's anyone better one vs one than him then he will be some player.

In the last few years I've watched this kid go up against Sanchez, Martial, Sane & Sterling and put every single one of them in his pocket didn't give any of them a sniff I'm sure they have but very few players ever seem to get past him in a dribble situation.

Best defensive RB in the world?
Yeah can’t really dispute that. His defensive ability is world class already, he just needs to hone his attacking game but that’ll come no doubt.

There are a few very good right backs defensively in the world right now like Kimmich and Hysaj but AWB is right up there. In the EPL the best attacking right backs are TAA and Pereira but lack a little defensively.

I really like Pereira think he's got the balance about right always thought it was odd that Utd targeted Dalot rather than him the previous summer when we needed a new right back. Dalot was due to replace Periera in the Porto team when he left.

Kyle Walker is also a good all rounder a huge part of the game for full backs now is just having the engine to be able to go up and down all game

Premier League: Watford 2-0 Manchester United - 22nd December 2019

He was bound to give away a penalty at some point based on the law of averages. Not a criticism really.

He rarely looks in control of the ball when in possession.

I was only saying that to my 13 year old son the other week it was bound to happen sooner or later

Goes to ground a lot was only a matter of time before he got one wrong.

Your spot on there its not to much of an issue higher up and out wide but surely when you're a defender stay on your feet in the box

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Newcastle United - 26th December 2019

Two brilliant crosses. Let's hope Rashford's goal will be a confidence booster.

Premier League: Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United - 19th January 2020

Poor performance.

Looked dead on his feet at times. One of his worst performances for us it has to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back