A win's a win

Sideshow Bob

The performance wasn't pretty, but United got the job done in what was a tough fixture, especially after the indifferent start to the season and the international break. I'll take the three points every time.

As a self confessed Jose critic , you have to say one thing about him. He has fight in him and can still get his team to fight. I have to admit this even though I still think he’s the wrong man.

It kind of ilustrates the Jose dilemma. He’s still good enough to get the results he needs to stay in his job but because he’s esentially lost his special touch he can’t take us any further. It’s strangely good to watch that win but also there’s a frisson of angst as I sense we will just be looking at a long drawn out and agonising departure rather than 5 bad defeats and a quick sacking.

We’ve won back to back games. Things should be positive. We were poor today. But we got the win. We should have closed it out earlier. I don’t really get the problem with Jose today though?

Only saw first half thought we played really well second half looked nervy but got over the line.

Big back to back away wins after the defeats hopefully settles things down a bit around the club as it got very toxic over the summer.

Got to build on this hopefully get off to a winning start in Europe midweek then Wolves next weekend we are 6 points off the pace early on but plenty of time to catch up and get back amongst it but I don’t think we will mount a title challenge.

Will he stick with the bulk of this team as his best XI?

It looks to me as if he’s decided this team plus Shaw is his starting 11 now.

It’s hard to argue with it played well in the 2 games he’s used it.

I guess Shaw comes back in for Young and Fred in for Matic in the next league game.

Midweek football starts now though so there will be some rotation but it would be nice to see a settled XI this season.

My only issue with the Fellaini role is against teams who part the bus against us at home I don’t think he’s needed but that’s very few teams these days.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back