3rd/4th Play-Off: Belgium v England

Can't believe they still play this game must be heart breaking for the players and it's just a chance for organisers to squeeze more cash out of it.

Personally I think it's only fair that the reserves play the first choice players have had it tough and with the season only 4 weeks away I think the reserve players deserve the chance to play.

It's a ridiculous game. I expect both teams to play very similar teams to the ones that played the first game between the two.

Kane will want to play this to try and get the golden boot. Martinez has stated he wants to win it. Both will make changes but I don't think it'll be as many as the group game.

I think this is where the managers both need to consider future relationships with club managers because if they push these players to go again for a pointless game then the old days of players being put under pressure to skip friendlies will come back.

Mourinho would not be happy with Lukaku being forced to play another big game this close to the start of the season and players like Henderson/Kane/Alli/Vardy/Walker who I think have been playing with niggles shouldn't be risked even if they want to play.

Have them on the bench and maybe bring them on for last half hour but they shouldn't be starting this game.

The boys who've sat and watched deserve a chance to play again

Butland; Jones, Maguire, Cahill; Alexander-Arnold, Dier, Delph, Loftus-Cheek, Rose; Rashford, Welbeck.

Or to make sure everyone bar Pope has had a start, change formation to 4-3-3...
Butland; Alexander-Arnold, Jones, Cahill, Rose; Dier, Delph, Loftus-Cheek; Rashford, Vardy, Welbeck.

There is the golden boot at stake, if Lukaku plays then Kane plays I would think.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So glad we didn't get Dier last summer. He's been dire. England need to find better holding midfielders. Henderson's had a good World Cup but he's not the answer in there. I think this is the main area of concern. There's no one coming through immediately that you can say is a cert either. Nathaniel Chalobah can hopefully stay fit in the coming season. Lewis Cook is the U21s main man and was in the World Cup prelim squad and he needs exposure to the team now. Marcus McGuane is 19 and at Barcelona now so he must be up to something. After that you're probably looking at LB as an area to sort out, Young was a solid option this summer but need to look beyond him now, Rose hasn't looked very convincing. The left side has often been a problem for England. The best 2 left footers to come through and English academy in the past 30 years have ended up being Welsh.

A formation change might be on the cards now too.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back