3 Players who would transform us into contenders ? ...

Ben Townsend

If you could choose 3 players to be at united come the summer, who would they be and why would they push us in the right direction ?

After watching last night, Mbappe showed how good he can be - in terms of the most valuable player in the world at the moment, this guy is surely that. I must of never stopped mentioning my worries about him in the lead up to the game.

for that reason he would be one of my three, number two would N'golo Kante, the guys energy is astonishing and that would improve us massively and give us so much more energy and mobility in midfield, a midfield three of Pogba Kante Herrera/Matic wouldent be atall bad.

The third choice would have to be a RB or CB, you could say that we need both - Id go with Koulibaly or Varane, both look immense and both still young with plenty of time ahead.

I could of picked a massive range of players but these players are the ones who make most impact for me.

Talking realistic option. Alderwierald Kante Icardi.

Alderiweirald and Icardi are definitely on the market. Kante could possibly be if Sarri stays rumours are they don’t really get along.

I’d also love a pacy right winger. As much as I really do like Lingard I do feel we need an upgrade on the right wing. Or Rashford masters playing there.

I’d let Lukaku Sanchez Mata go which means we need a few attaching options coming in as it basically leaves us with Martial Rashford Lingard

PSG aren’t letting Mbappe go anytime soon. More chance of getting Neymar.

@IDFD - Icardi just been stripped of the captaincy so he might be on the move soon - I thought he was Inter through and through, but he might want a move somewhere to win some trophy's

Sancho would be my first choice to bring in to play on the right. Could maybe do with someone more experienced though. Decision making in final 3rd can be poor.

Alderweireld ticks a lot of boxes and would likely be cheaper than the likes of Koulibaly and Skriniar i'd imagine and also has PL experience and is more of a leader than the other 2 which I think we need at the back. His injury record last season was a concern back in the summer but has been pretty much ever present this season it seems.

Midfield I think is a big problem in terms of depth and quality, I thought Matic and Herrera were probably our best players last night but were outclassed by Verratti, we need that controlling player at the base of midfield. Not sure Kante is that and I think that's why Sarri plays him as a energetic box to box type player.

Icardi while a very good player seems to bring a lot of baggage with him, he doesn't get on with a lot of players for club and country. Clear issues with him getting stripped of captaincy.

Sancho would be my first choice to bring in to play on the right. Could maybe do with someone more experienced though. Decision making in final 3rd can be poor.

Alderweireld ticks a lot of boxes and would likely be cheaper than the likes of Koulibaly and Skriniar i'd imagine and also has PL experience and is more of a leader than the other 2 which I think we need at the back. His injury record last season was a concern back in the summer but has been pretty much ever present this season it seems.

Midfield I think is a big problem in terms of depth and quality, I thought Matic and Herrera were probably our best players last night but were outclassed by Verratti, we need that controlling player at the base of midfield. Not sure Kante is that and I think that's why Sarri plays him as a energetic box to box type player.

Icardi while a very good player seems to bring a lot of baggage with him, he doesn't get on with a lot of players for club and country. Clear issues with him getting stripped of captaincy.

Someone once told me that he isnt in Messi's click and Messi doesnt like him, if true it shows the power Messi has for argentina.

Icardi doesn’t get in the Argentina squad because his wife is the former wife of another Argentina player who he slept with whilst together

Attainable: Sancho, De Ligt and Ndombele

Seems like I’m going all out on youth. But obviously other areas need strengthening too!

Icardi doesn’t get in the Argentina squad because his wife is the former wife of another Argentina player who he slept with whilst together

It’s Maxi Lopez ex wife.

He’s started getting chances since the World Cup but he didn’t get chances because they have a ridiculous list of players to pick from.

A lot of this is based on what I’ve read not what I’ve seen.

Koulibaly
Wan Bissaka
Kante

I think the attack can score plenty of goals but we need to sort that defence out to me we urgently need a RB & CB, in midfield we need someone who can control the midfield and dominate it so I went Kante but I doubt we’d be able to get him.

If I could have a 4th it would be Sancho

For me defence comes first, midfield second, attack 3rd in terms of priorities

Chelsea aren’t selling us Kante, not in a month of Sunday’s!

Wan-Bissaka I totally agree with, from what I’ve seen so far he’s destined for the top. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if he breaks into the England squad too.

I’ve heard contrasting things about Koulibaly, some say he’s the real deal but then he can be clumsy on the ball ala Bailly. And it would take £100m plus I reckon judging by what Napoli seemed to be demanding.

I don't have names but I think the priority should be:

1. RB
  2. RW
  3. CM replacement for Matic.

By that are you meaning that there is a large group of players in the squad who have expressed their dislike of Icardi and therefore he doesnt get in ?

I know who i would be picking if it were a choice of Maxi lopez and Mauro Icardi

By that are you meaning that there is a large group of players in the squad who have expressed their dislike of Icardi and therefore he doesnt get in ?

I know who i would be picking if it were a choice of Maxi lopez and Mauro Icardi

He wasn't in the squad because they had more established players going into the world cup in 2018 since the world cup he's featured more regularly. They took Messi, Dybala, Higuaín & Aguero they were hardly slumming it haha!

I think the stuff around his wife is well in the past now the only thing that might be a problem for him is if Messi is mates with Lopez because basically Messi picks the team and if he doesn't like you then you won't get picked.

Just on Icardi, just read he’s been sacked as Inter captain and refused to play last night in the Europa League. So looks like he’ll be available in the summer but by all accounts he seems like a bit of a douche. Not quite the type of character we should be going for I reckon.

Also I don’t really rate him anyway, obviously scores goals but outside of putting the ball in the net I don’t think he’s very good in the build up. I’m taking this from a small sample of Inter games I’ve watched so anyone can feel free to rubbish my opinion!

Id certainly take him over Lukaku mate, but get where your coming from with his influence in the lead up to attacks, on the flip side he is a lethal finisher and his goal record speaks for itself.
The situation doesnt look good with him at Inter with what has happened recently, and he could be on the move, my feeling is that he wants a move to Real, would they want him ? who knows.
Like you have mentioned the toys out the pram is never a good thing and a sign of possible future spats but hey ho, modern day footballers will do whatever they bloody well want.

Just on Icardi, just read he’s been sacked as Inter captain and refused to play last night in the Europa League. So looks like he’ll be available in the summer but by all accounts he seems like a bit of a douche. Not quite the type of character we should be going for I reckon.

Also I don’t really rate him anyway, obviously scores goals but outside of putting the ball in the net I don’t think he’s very good in the build up. I’m taking this from a small sample of Inter games I’ve watched so anyone can feel free to rubbish my opinion!

I don't see him a lot but the games I've watched he has the lot both in and out of the box he's a class player but like you say he's a complete knobhead and his wife who is also his agent is always on TV saying things she shouldn't and it seem like the dressing room have had enough of them. I don't think it's over for him at inter but this is the second time he's lost the armband the first after he basically offered the ultras out to a fight in his book now his wife has said things on TV she shouldn't be saying to cover up his lack of recent form. She basically said the reason he isn't scoring is because there's no one creating you just can't slag off his team mates and when the club/players called Icardi out on it he backed her. He's kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place on that one.

Inter probably didn't help themselves by putting him up on a pedestal and making him the captain probably just to try and get him to stay but he's very selfish and doesn't really lead the team but that is what strikers are like generally they always want more.

He's a fantastic player but I think he needs to go to a team that have the experienced guys around him who will guide him and install the good habits he needs to develop and Utd just aren't that club at the moment which is why I think a lot of the young players who've come in have struggled because the older wiser heads haven't been there to keep them in check. That culture at Utd is long gone because those who installed it left and the guys they left behind were not up to carrying it on.

it doesn't take much to put Pogba's nose out so I would stay clear.

I did see a possible Lukaku/Dybala swap

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back