2020/21 season to start 12th September

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Going to be a short summer for those clubs involved in european competitions.

Last round of games scheduled for 23rd May.

Cup announcements to follow.

That’s roughly 1 month knocked off the normal calendar so next season will involve more mid week games so going to be a test of your squad.

there was talk of letting Chelsea, United, City and Wolves start the season late

How late though?

In theory these clubs could finish this season a month later than everyone else

Guess there’s still bits to work out like how would these clubs catch up given all of them are going to be in european competition next season as well.

League may give the teams in Europe a longer break if they want it.

Say we get given 2 extra weeks off should we take it?

You just end up with the fixture pile up at another point in the season and you’re already playing catch up. I wouldn’t.

No point, get on with it.
Too right. Sure this period has been intense but they had three months off before that. You start late then you’ll have to fit in the fixtures somewhere - just start when everyone else does and deal with it.

This is where the squad will have to come into play and that’s why it’s so important Ole beefs up the squad with a few players.

Lampard is the first manager to speak out about it my guess is a few more will follow in the coming days.

This was mooted a few weeks ago by the prem league, they said they might look into the teams in Europe starting later.

Doesn't in mean congestion further down the line?

Yep all clubs will get a minimum 30 day break but what wasn't 100% clear was if clubs had to take that option.

As far as well know it's full calendar next season the two domestic cups are going ahead, European competitions will be going ahead, international football will resume so clubs who start late still need to finish on time.

My guess is the clubs will have a moan but they'll all start on time they'll just have to agree shorter holiday periods with the players for example Utd just gave the players a week off my guess is they'll give them another week/10 days off after the European games (depending how far we go) then expect them back for 2 weeks of training before the games start.

Winter Break has been scapped in the PL for next season.

No FA Cup Replays
League Cup semi finals are now 1 leg.
Teams in Europe next season will enter League Cup in the 3rd round.

Prem Fixtures due to be announce 21st August final round of games scheduled for 23rd May 2021.

Still not certain if teams will still playing will take up the extended break on offer each side is entitled to a minimum 30 day break.

If Utd take this offer and win the Europa league we might not play our first league game until October our first game of the season would likely be the UEFA super cup which is still scheduled to happen at the end of September.

Players are going to be dropping like flies next season basically shaving 1 month off the season and still hoping to play all the games before end of May.

Then we have the Euro's and a short break and back on with the 21-22 season. I can see the quality of the football getting worse over time and injuries increasing.

If it was my choice I'd play the kids and squad players for League Cup, FA Cup and the Super Cup waste of space game, purely focus on Prem and CL for 20-21 season.

Got internationals to fit in as well I honestly can’t see them happening during the season the next international football might be the euros next summer. The remaining playoffs will be one leg pre tournament games.

World Cup is just over 2 years away and qualifying hasn’t even started yet.

Can’t see the two leg semi finals in league cup coming back but I reckon the FA cup replays will be back

EfUzpz4XoAIk-t3

Vote next week to decide on 5 sub rule for next season.

Was expected that we’d return to 3 subs but PL have decided to hold a second vote on this issue.

Why the second vote? The PL trying to force it through?

Not sure it is a second vote actually.

Sure I read they voted to scrap it before.

Guess clubs can request a vote whenever the league meets.

Think other leagues have decided to keep it my guess is the clubs with european seasons to contend with will want to keep it.

In theory it favours bigger clubs but all clubs have big squads now.

Could they go 5 subs from 7 or do they have to go to 9 subs if they opt in for 5 subs.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back