2018 World Cup Draw

SuperRash

2908357_full-lnd.jpg

The World Cup draw is this Friday at 3pm GMT.

Pot 1 - Russia, Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France

Pot 2 - Spain, Peru, Switzerland, England, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, Croatia

Pot 3 - Denmark, Iceland, Costa Rica, Sweden, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Iran

Pot 4 - Serbia, Nigeria, Australia, Japan, Morocco, Panama, South Korea, Saudi Arabia

So for England I would say best case scenario is Poland, Iran and Panama. I would prefer to avoid teams like Denmark and Serbia which I think we will if we get a European country from pot one. So potentially we could end up with a group like Brazil, Denmark and Nigeria which could potentially be pretty tough.

Belgium
England
Tunisia
Panama

Can't wait to see how we balls that up.

Belgium
England
Tunisia
Panama

Can't wait to see how we balls that up.
Pretty good draw but yeah we’ll find a way to make it difficult. That first England vs Tunisia game has got 1-1 written all over it.

Russia vs Saudi Arabia the opener. Something to get the juices flowing! :p

We’ve got to be pleased with that draw. Don’t think anyone really got an impossible group of death either. No excuses for not getting out of that for me.

So, top the group, beat Columbia in the last 16s then it's just a case of besting Brazil, France and Germany. Simples.

How many teams go through to the knockout stages from the 4 team group stage? Is it the group winners or runners up too?

I can see us finishing second behind Belgium.

How many teams go through to the knockout stages from the 4 team group stage? Is it the group winners or runners up too?

I can see us finishing second behind Belgium.

Top 2 go through to second round basically group stages knocks out half the teams so in total there are 16 teams who go through from the 8 groups.

Our group is paired with Columbia group so group winner plays 2nd place in that group and runner up plays the winner.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back