1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 World Cup Draw

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by SuperRash, Nov 29, 2017.

1. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

[​IMG]
    The World Cup draw is this Friday at 3pm GMT.

Pot 1 - Russia, Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France

Pot 2 - Spain, Peru, Switzerland, England, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, Croatia

Pot 3 - Denmark, Iceland, Costa Rica, Sweden, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Iran

Pot 4 - Serbia, Nigeria, Australia, Japan, Morocco, Panama, South Korea, Saudi Arabia

So for England I would say best case scenario is Poland, Iran and Panama. I would prefer to avoid teams like Denmark and Serbia which I think we will if we get a European country from pot one. So potentially we could end up with a group like Brazil, Denmark and Nigeria which could potentially be pretty tough.

2. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

Belgium
    England
    Tunisia
    Panama

Can't wait to see how we balls that up.

3. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

Pretty good draw but yeah we’ll find a way to make it difficult. That first England vs Tunisia game has got 1-1 written all over it.

Russia vs Saudi Arabia the opener. Something to get the juices flowing! :p

4. maxt7

maxt7 Well-Known Member

We’ve got to be pleased with that draw. Don’t think anyone really got an impossible group of death either. No excuses for not getting out of that for me.

5. O-Dog

O-Dog Well-Known Member

So, top the group, beat Columbia in the last 16s then it's just a case of besting Brazil, France and Germany. Simples.

6. Red Warrior

Red Warrior Well-Known Member

How many teams go through to the knockout stages from the 4 team group stage? Is it the group winners or runners up too?

I can see us finishing second behind Belgium.

7. jsp

jsp Well-Known Member

Top 2 go through to second round basically group stages knocks out half the teams so in total there are 16 teams who go through from the 8 groups.

Our group is paired with Columbia group so group winner plays 2nd place in that group and runner up plays the winner.

8. SuperRash

SuperRash Moderator

In Southgate We Trust.