Fred-McTominay

Worst home run conceding since 1971 so its obvious mcfred is not working yet Ole still persisting
Sorry but with each game its getting more and more likely Ole will begone at the end of this season

I don't think we need 2 midfielders. We need one. But yes he's got to be spectacular.

Bissiouma or Ndidi massively improve this side.

I think ultimately we need 2 but 1 might have got us through this season. I would have thought Bissouma would have been a relatively easy transfer to have made happen.

We need 5 midfielders let’s not kid ourselves none of this lot are good enough.

Our midfield is a joke week after week it’s almost non existent.

I think ultimately we need 2 but 1 might have got us through this season. I would have thought Bissouma would have been a relatively easy transfer to have made happen.
Been arrested on sexual assault

In a night club, so I assume it should be easy to prove either way

Created a seperate thread for it not seen anything reported officially over what's being investigated.

He was arrested along with a friend in a nightclub at 2am it's not been made public over what the allegations are if they're walking you out of a nightclub in cuffs.

We need 5 midfielders let’s not kid ourselves none of this lot are good enough.

Our midfield is a joke week after week it’s almost non existent.

The fact we currently have the all-time Premier League record for not being beaten away from home suggests Ole and his staff are tactical geniuses if what you say is true.

5 :rolleyes:

The fact we currently have the all-time Premier League record for not being beaten away from home suggests Ole and his staff are tactical geniuses if what you say is true.

5 :rolleyes:

That stat is truly baffling if you have watched all of those games.

It’s a hell of an achievement even if quite a lot of those games were behind closed doors.

Shame he can’t got 28 days without getting beaten at home ;)

That stat is truly baffling if you have watched all of those games.

It’s a hell of an achievement even if quite a lot of those games were behind closed doors.

Shame he can’t got 28 days without getting beaten at home ;)

I just don't think any of our midfielders are as bad as some fans make them out to be, Matic apart they're all current regular Internationals for starters, and we're not talking for San Marino or the British Virgin Islands either.
Yep none of them are to the level of a Robson, Ince, Scholes and Keane but players of that ilk are few and far between these days, and until Ole get's the player(s) he wants for that area of the pitch we could do a lot worse than what we currently have. A lot worse.

I just don't think any of our midfielders are as bad as some fans make them out to be, Matic apart they're all current regular Internationals for starters, and we're not talking for San Marino or the British Virgin Islands either.
Yep none of them are to the level of a Robson, Ince, Scholes and Keane but players of that ilk are few and far between these days, and until Ole get's the player(s) he wants for that area of the pitch we could do a lot worse than what we currently have. A lot worse.

Individually they are all fine the issue is none of them can form a decent partnership that brings out the strength in each other’s game and become greater than the sum of their parts.

For me VDB and Pogba simply cannot play in a 2.

Matic is now to old to get around the pitch to play in a 2.

McT and Fred have the legs but not the quality to play in a 2 on paper they are the two worst players but they form the most effective partnership.

To play as a 2 man midfield in modern football you’ve got to be some seriously talented players.

Individually they are all fine the issue is none of them can form a decent partnership that brings out the strength in each other’s game and become greater than the sum of their parts.

For me VDB and Pogba simply cannot play in a 2.

Matic is now to old to get around the pitch to play in a 2.

McT and Fred have the legs but not the quality to play in a 2 on paper they are the two worst players but they form the most effective partnership.

To play as a 2 man midfield in modern football you’ve got to be some seriously talented players.

McTominay and Fred are comfortably our best pairing, what they need now with Rashford on his way back is for Ole to settle on his preferred front 3 and stick with them for a dozen or so games(fitness permitting)to build up an understanding so our dynamic duo know what they need to do when they receive the ball under pressure before they receive it. At the minute they don't and it's no surprise their pass stats suffer.

I think that's the first and only time anyone will refer to McFred has the dynamic duo

Worst home run conceding since 1971 so its obvious mcfred is not working yet Ole still persisting
Sorry but with each game its getting more and more likely Ole will begone at the end of this season
Been hearing this for far too long. So u think the manager of MUFC isn't doing too well at the moment? But give him more time? How much longer? He's returned nothing in 3 years. Spent almost 1/2 a billion quid in that period but u r proposing what? The next few months will determine? No mate, I think enough has been determined!¹

Its not about when to let Ole go its about who can we bring in to replace him
There is absolutely no point in bringing in another manager who is either incompetant or incompatable and i dont see anyone out there who is free and wants the job at this moment
I would like to think the board are puting feelers out to prospective managers and will sign next summer

Its not about when to let Ole go its about who can we bring in to replace him
There is absolutely no point in bringing in another manager who is either incompetant or incompatable and i dont see anyone out there who is free and wants the job at this moment
I would like to think the board are puting feelers out to prospective managers and will sign next summer
They don't have to be free. Like in.any walk of life, especially a massive promotion, they'll take it
A football manager being offered the job at OT
there's not many that'll say no!

yes from a mickey mouse league to the premier league not a hard choice
What has he done at Leicester,what did he do at Liverpool not much in my opinion

What has he done at Leicester,what did he do at Liverpool not much in my opinion
No matter what League or country u r playing in, it is all relative. Main factor being resources available. He had just led his team to a treble of winning the domestic treble, a feat never been achieved before in the history of the game.
Keeping Leicester up and around the top, challenging for a top 4 spot, not bad with the resources he has available.
Did manage to win the FA Cup last season, or does that escape your memory? but I suppose u consider that to be not much in your opinion. So if OGS can achieve that this season, you'd call that insignificant perhaps?

Not saying I’d have him but you’ve got to respect what he’s done

Won the FA Cup with Leicester and delivered consistently high league positions despite losing key players and at Liverpool set a style of play the fans loved and came within a whisker of winning the league.

Barely warrants a reply to a fuckin halfwit like yourself.
No matter what League or country u r playing in, it is all relative. Main factor being resources available. He had just led his team to a treble of winning the domestic treble, a feat never been achieved before in the history of the game.
Keeping Leicester up and around the top, challenging for a top 4 spot, not bad with the resources he has available.
Did manage to win the FA Cup last season, or does that escape your memory? but I suppose u consider that to be not much in your opinion. So if OGS can achieve that this season, you'd call that insignificant perhaps?
Think u might reconsider your moniker pal from nonewname to nofuckinidea whatyoure talkinabout!
haha dont get your knickers in a twist just cos the spl is barely professional
yes i get it your an angry scotsman no cliche there but no need for insults pal just take it on the chin and bear it
Didnt leicester fail to get into europe 2years on the bounce with Rodgers at the helm
Yep f.a cup is il give him that but to say he doesnt have any resources is absolute bollocks,but you do like to spout bollocks every post you make
now run along wee krankie

Keeping the premier league champions up near the top 4 but bottling it is worth shouting about.

Taking over a team that were in 7th and finishing second with them. Awful.

Not saying I’d have him but you’ve got to respect what he’s done

Won the FA Cup with Leicester and delivered consistently high league positions despite losing key players and at Liverpool set a style of play the fans loved and came within a whisker of winning the league.

He's bottled every opportunity he's had other than winning stuff in a league that Dorking would walk in to and finish 3rd. It's a pub league at the end of the day and Gerrard went there and proved that by going the season unbeaten in his second season in management. Every chance he's had here of achieving something he's fell short come the last month of the season when given the opportunity not to.

Or do we think Gerrard is the greatest manager to ever live? It's a pub league let's not pretend otherwise.

He's bottled every opportunity he's had other than winning stuff in a league that Dorking would walk in to and finish 3rd. It's a pub league at the end of the day and Gerrard went there and proved that by going the season unbeaten in his second season in management. Every chance he's had here of achieving something he's fell short come the last month of the season when given the opportunity not to.

Or do we think Gerrard is the greatest manager to ever live? It's a pub league let's not pretend otherwise.

Did I even mention his success in Scotland? I left that out for a reason mainly because at the time he was bossing it up their his only credible opponent was in a mess after relegation. It's why I don't really care what Ole won in Norway.

Forgot to mention he got Swansea promoted which is really where he made his name before getting a shot at Liverpool who weren't exactly flying when he took over. That Liverpool side really came out of nowhere to finish second that season but it fizzled out when Suarez was sold and Sturridge got injured.

As I said he's won the FA Cup and when he took over Leicester they had fallen a fair way from the league winners of 2016 they finished 11th and 9th the two seasons before he arrived. Since then they've finished 5th twice and they're dissapointed with that having been in the top 4 for most of that season.

Also, as I said in my original post I wouldn't have him at Utd but you can't knock his record as a manager. When he's had the favourite he won everything he could possibly win when he's had the underdog he's finished above expectations.

I think over the last few years, the Leicester squad and the united squad have been of equal quality. The united squads confidence was knocked to s%$t by Jose, yet Ole has finished above them every season.

Rodgers is not the answer.

I've said this a couple of times, but trying to get back on topic, we should go for the Brentord DM/CM in January.

I think it's been a fairly close call in terms of starting XI but Ole's always had the deeper squad to work with which I think is why Leicester always run out of juice at the end of the season. Injuries eventually catch up to them and they fall away as the guys coming into the team off the bench aren't as good. This season they've had a much slower start so will be interesting to see how they respond to that now. To flip this slightly if Ole was Leicester manager do you think he'd have them finishing 5th in the last two seasons?

Thing with signing a player from Brentford is how would he adapt to playing in this Utd side as we don't play anything like Brentford? These players can look great at other clubs but unless you're putting them into a similar system when they come in they might not look like the same player.

Have you watched the guy from Brentford play regularly? Must admit I've caught a few short bursts of Brentford they look great fun but haven't watched them play 90 minutes yet.

Brentford have a very unique setup they are a side built on stats so this guy might look fantastic because he's got a very specific job that they need him to do in that side but take him out of that side and he might look a totally different player.

Think our recruitment department will need to be looking at what Ole feels he needs his centre mid players to do and then look to target players that have those characteristics, this clearly wasn't done with the last midfield signing who's been a flop.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back