Grealish to City?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Reports today that City have put together an offer worth £100m for Jack Grealish.

The reporting seems to suggest that after thinking it over the player wants to make the move.

This would be a big flexing of the muscles by City they've not really gone for the mega fee's yet but this would be a serious statement and keeps with their model of picking off some the best players from other teams within the Premier League.

Villa don't need the money their owners are worth billions and they are apparently keen to continue investing to keep pushing the team up the league and they've already made some signings this summer.

Losing Grealish would be a huge blow for them and their fans as he's the home town boy but it does feel like it's time for him to really show what he can do at the very top level.

I don't think signing Grealish suddenly makes them the unstoppable force but it adds even more quality to their already healthy looking attacking options.

I would be surpised if Grealish would move there, also, does this mean no Kane deal, or are they going to spend a bomb.

I think he'd be bang up for it if he's decided to leave Villa gets to join the best team in the country, work with probably the best manager on the planet and play with great players. No doubt the likes of Walker, Stones, Foden and Sterling will have been telling him how great it is at City.

Who knows FFP has sort of been relaxed but to make the two they'd probably need to make a few sales to balance things up a bit.

There's certainly suggestions that they'd be willing to part with Sterling or Mahrez if the right offer came in.

As a footballer why wouldn't you move to City?

They're in the hunt for every trophy every season. They've got probably the best manager in the world and they pay top wages. They tick every single box you could want as a player.

I would have thought Liverpool would suit him more.

City has a lot of players in there at the moment, there will be a lot of bench time is what I meant.

I think he has more chance of forcing Sterling out of the side than Mane.

Also anyone paying £100m for him is putting him in their side he's not going to be sitting on the bench.

I don't think he'd walk straight into the City side it would take him a little bit of time to get used to the style and system so like Bernardo Silva and Mahrez I think his first season he'd be in and out of the team. Mahrez I think is a good example of what Grealish will need to adapt to learning when to dribble the ball and when to pass it in that Guardiola system as he won't need to be the "one man show" type player he is at Villa.

Part of being an elite level footballer is backing yourself to put anyone out of the team and I reckon Grealish would back himself to see off anyone currently in that City side in his left side position.

I'm not sure City need him but I can see why they want him.

This would be bad news for United. Very very bad news. If City get Grealish that could be the league done for many years.

Doesn't matter who city get unless they sign a striker. Grealish and De Bruyne can set Jesus up 20 times a game he's only putting one of em away.

Would be an excellent signing but nowhere near as scary as them going and getting a world class striker. The step up from Jesus to Kane would be much larger than the step up from Foden/Sterling to Grealish.

Not like. The only ray of hope is that Villa don't need to sell Grealish, as they are already owned by billionaires. £100 million ain't nuthin' to get excited about. The Villains know City is a state-sponsored, money-laundering cheat, so soak the fuckers. I hope Villa just dick around with City offers up until transfer deadline just to toy with them.

Yeah not really worried even if he goes there, like IDFD said their more pressing concern is replacing Aguero. I mean they did pretty well without him for large chunks last season but eventually they will need another top striker.

Grealish is good but I don’t think he is in the very top bracket.

I’d be a lot more worried if they were landing a top striker over Grealish.

I like Grealish but I don’t think he makes them a lot better if they landed Kane I’d be much more worried.

Shame if we miss Grealish he’s a Utd fan but we just don’t need him and at his price he’s a luxury we can’t justify.

Months ago, I was quietly optimistic of getting Grealish - known for a long time that he was a United fan (I hear tweets are being deleted as we speak) but I guess I muddled the United of old where we were at least interested when any top player became available with the present where we have become "also rans" and a lot of fans accept that in the same way many voters think we've got a great PM.

Those hear saying we don't need him can't honestly say he wouldn't improve us and if City get home, that doesn't mean they won't go for a top striker too - another area we definitely need to improve in

Just live in the real world it’s pretty clear Utd haven’t got the money to buy him if we did I’d be saying go get him but we’ve signed Varane and Sancho this summer already hopefully we can add one or two more but we don’t need Grealish.

I’m interested to see how he fits into that side he will have a lot less space to work in and become more of a team player seeing less of the ball as they don’t need him to carry them in the way he did at Villa.

Months ago, I was quietly optimistic of getting Grealish - known for a long time that he was a United fan (I hear tweets are being deleted as we speak) but I guess I muddled the United of old where we were at least interested when any top player became available with the present where we have become "also rans" and a lot of fans accept that in the same way many voters think we've got a great PM.

Those hear saying we don't need him can't honestly say he wouldn't improve us and if City get home, that doesn't mean they won't go for a top striker too - another area we definitely need to improve in
We would just be stacking an area of the field where we have an abundance of numbers. Plus £100m is a little mad.

I’m 100% glad we’ve spent our £100m on Sancho and Varane, rather than Grealish.

Hes a good player but we have more than enough flair players. Best signing of the Summer is Varane without a shadow of a doubt. As Fergie said a good attack wins you games a good defence wins you titles

We would just be stacking an area of the field where we have an abundance of numbers. Plus £100m is a little mad.

I’m 100% glad we’ve spent our £100m on Sancho and Varane, rather than Grealish.
we have an abundance of players in midfield? So sell the dead wood and replace them with top-class ones - or do we now thin Fred, Lingard and a few of the youngsters are that good?

Some of the youngsters might make the grade but most will not - and Ole seems determined to loan out the ones I see as the most promising...

we have an abundance of players in midfield? So sell the dead wood and replace them with top-class ones - or do we now thin Fred, Lingard and a few of the youngsters are that good?

Some of the youngsters might make the grade but most will not - and Ole seems determined to loan out the ones I see as the most promising...
To be fair Fred and Lingard don’t really play where Grealish operates. I was more thinking of Pogba, Rashford, Bruno, VDB - probably throw Martial into that mix as well. We don’t need to spend £100m in that area.

Grealish plays on the left of a front 3 in that position we currently have

Rashford, Martial, Sancho, James, Pogba and Lingard before you even get to Amad.

It is arguably the strongest position on the pitch in terms of depth for Utd and real quality options.

We just don’t need Grealish and at 100m I think that’s a crazy price.

Grealish plays on the left of a front 3 in that position we currently have

Rashford, Martial, Sancho, James, Pogba and Lingard before you even get to Amad.

It is arguably the strongest position on the pitch in terms of depth for Utd and real quality options.

We just don’t need Grealish and at 100m I think that’s a crazy price.
I think Grealish brings something different - some people here saying he's a wide man, which he really isn't. Furthermore, he keeps possession better than Martial, James and Lingard. As for Pogba, I have to admit my thoughts about Grealish revolve more around the fact that I don't think the guy wants to stay at OT. I hear that Amad is to be loaned out, so he isn't even in the mix

I think Grealish brings something different - some people here saying he's a wide man, which he really isn't. Furthermore, he keeps possession better than Martial, James and Lingard. As for Pogba, I have to admit my thoughts about Grealish revolve more around the fact that I don't think the guy wants to stay at OT. I hear that Amad is to be loaned out, so he isn't even in the mix

Still £100m to strengthen arguably the strongest part of your squad?

If we’ve got that sort of money it’s got to go on centre mids that can dominate the midfield not more creative attacking players the squad is already packed with them.

Still £100m to strengthen arguably the strongest part of your squad?

If we’ve got that sort of money it’s got to go on centre mids that can dominate the midfield not more creative attacking players the squad is already packed with them.
Honest question... (not to cause argument) bu would your view change if Pogba says he wants to leave?

Honest question... (not to cause argument) bu would your view change if Pogba says he wants to leave?

Not really if Pogba goes I want that money spent on central midfield reinforcements.

For me the squads got enough in defence and in attack now where it's still lacking is the centre of midfield we need some top class players in there to really compete for the big prizes.

I agree, it's an odd move for him I think. Although the rumours are City are willing to sell Sterling.

Personally, I'd be more interested in Sterling as he's more versatile.

As good as Grealish is, I don't think we need him, that role is filled a couple of time over.

I think they feel they've had the best years out of Sterling and he wants a big new contract so either move him on or try and get him to lower his demands.

I think they feel they've had the best years out of Sterling and he wants a big new contract so either move him on or try and get him to lower his demands.
With the new VAR standards for penalties, Sterling's goose is cooked. No more falling over at the merest feather touch and winning a pen.

Looks like this one is going to happen then. If city get him then I think that's the league done for a few years I really do. And if they add Kane too? Wow.

why's that? If Grealish plays, they need to drop an equally brilliant player. I don't think Grealish makes that much difference to them.

Kane would be great for them for sure, but it's not like they lack goals, they might just score more.

Both good signings, I don't don't think they improve City massively.

Still not sure Grealish is a Pep player.

I think Grealish becomes that player that when the team defending against Pep style works can make something happen on his own by beating a few men. Also not sure you want to be giving Mahrez and De Bruyne more chances to get deliveries in in and around the box.

Grealish is going to look so much better in a City shirt than a Villa shirt. Firstly team will be a lot more tired against City as the see less of the ball and secondly they can't double up on Grealish to try and take him out of the game because if they do they'll get hurt elsewhere. I think this coming season people will realise why I've always rated Grealish highly.

If they get the Kane deal done I'll be shocked if he doesn't get 40+ goals a season. The only good thing is he's turned in to one of these strikers that likes to drop deep and not the Kane of 2/3 seasons ago that was just ruthless in his persuit of goals.

I saw an interview with Henry once, basically saying Peps wants the players in Grealish role, to be wide, touching the side lines, until they reach the last third. Do you see Grealish doing that.

That's besides the point I was making really anyway, does Grealish and Kane improve them that much. I mean they are that good, they don't struggle for goals, so Kane will jsut omprove their goal difference. And who is getting dropped for Grealish? is he going to be that much better than that player.

What these signings do do, more importantly, is stop a rival buying those players, where they would make a much bigger difference.

City are so good, that any signing doesn't make that much difference. Small %'s

I think grealish under Pep is going to become the best player in the world. I honestly think he has that level of ability! I think Pep is going to take him to the next level.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back