Aaron Wan-Bissaka | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two players for every position and all that.....

Yeah we left ourselves a bit light at RB this season we had to let Dalot go on loan as his career was/is just drifting away from him even on loan. Think we've got to look at selling him this summer if we can.

Williams they maybe hoped would compete at right back that hasn't worked bit like Greenwood struggling with a bit of second season syndrome which is normal with young players.

Laird has to many injuries to be relied on but I'm told he's doing well at MK Dons but still early days him making the step up would be huge allow the money to be spent on quality players who will start games.

After that it's been centre backs filling in when AWB has been given a rest it's been TFM, Tuanzebe or Lindelof and none of them are full backs.

I'd hope that second half of the season AWB is rested for cup/europa games give Williams the games if he's fit if not give Tuanzebe some playing time.

Reactions: RVN
Man Utd 3-3 Everton

thought he had a poor game offered little going forward and twice in the first half caught playing strikers onside by not keeping up with the line.

I do think we need a bit of competition at right back.

Yeah i agree. Second to none in one on one situations but his positioning is not good and his attacking inconsistent. Desperately hoping Laird has a good loan spell.

He's talking about changing allegiance to play for Congo. I assume he's trying to force Southgates hand but he is 23 now and wants to be playing international football.

With the form Trent is in and the fact Trippier has press associated with him the FA won't want associated with them I think he must get a call up for these fixtures?

Also if United do go with Henderson as a #1 wouldn't England be best suited going with the United 4 and just plugging Stones in alongside them. As they've got nothing to learn about eachother?

Southgate is pretty loyal to guys my guess is he'll stick to Walker, Trippier and TAA for this Euro's. Trippier is having a great season at Atletico I think he'll be the starter he took his punishment from the FA I think Southgate will look to move on from that and stay loyal to him. Walker will likely retire after the Euro's and Trippier might do the same.

There's also Reece James at Chelsea there's a lot of competition at right back for England.

Just not sure he's a Southgate style player but he hasn't really had a fair crack yet. If I was him I'd wait until after the Euro's this summer and see what happens if England flop Southgate could be gone and the next guy might guy you a shot.

Based on current form he's surely worthy of a chance in these games (even though he could do with the rest) as Walker has lost his place at City and TAA is stinking it up at Liverpool. So on form you'd think it would be AWB and Trippier but that's not how it always works at international level. With the bigger squads though he might find a way of sneaking in.

Poor for Brighton’s goal.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Man Utd 3-1 Burnley

Poor today teams are certainly forcing the ball to him in possession then looking to squeeze him and force a mistake.

Weak on the goal defensively and had another heart in mouth moment when he gave Woods a little nudge in the box that the ref could have taken a much stricter view on.

I do think Utd need an alternative to him next season bit of competition but also a player to allow us to rest AWB playing every game can’t be easy.

Man Utd 3-1 Burnley

Poor today teams are certainly forcing the ball to him in possession then looking to squeeze him and force a mistake.

Weak on the goal defensively and had another heart in mouth moment when he gave Woods a little nudge in the box that the ref could have taken a much stricter view on.

I do think Utd need an alternative to him next season bit of competition but also a player to allow us to rest AWB playing every game can’t be easy.
That was very noticeable today. I think he’s getting better in wide positions, which is damning with faint praise, but he’s not good enough going forward. Once Greenwood moved out wide after Cavani came on it made a huge difference.

I’d rather we spend the money on a proper RW in the summer (like we should’ve done with Sancho last summer), and let AWB concentrate on the odd overlap and defending.

That was very noticeable today. I think he’s getting better in wide positions, which is damning with faint praise, but he’s not good enough going forward. Once Greenwood moved out wide after Cavani came on it made a huge difference.

I’d rather we spend the money on a proper RW in the summer (like we should’ve done with Sancho last summer), and let AWB concentrate on the odd overlap and defending.

Yeah the concern also goes into defensive areas he's just not comfortable on the ball and teams do target him.

I agree a proper right sided player has long been required at Utd probably since the decline of Valencia in 2013 it's become a very tricky position for Utd to fill. Had we signed Di Maria when LVG wasn't our manager he'd probably have been the answer for a few years but that plan flopped big time. Since then it's been a graveyard shift for any Utd player apart from Greenwood.

Yeah the concern also goes into defensive areas he's just not comfortable on the ball and teams do target him.

I agree a proper right sided player has long been required at Utd probably since the decline of Valencia in 2013 it's become a very tricky position for Utd to fill. Had we signed Di Maria when LVG wasn't our manager he'd probably have been the answer for a few years but that plan flopped big time. Since then it's been a graveyard shift for any Utd player apart from Greenwood.
Somebody on commentry was talking about how he has gotten so good at those last ditch slide tackles because he finds himself out of position so often. I wonder if a Sancho type who is all about the attacking would leave AWB to be all about the defending and improve his positional sense, and limit the amount of time he spends on the ball, because he is a liability and is being targeted. Also, this playing out from the back that we insist on trying doesn't work as well when the press only has to worry about the left side.

Really needs to work on his positional play in preseason. He can see right across the back line but still plays the opposition onside far too often.

You would hope next season where there's actually time for proper pre season and training sessions between matches that the coaches can do some work with him on this sort of stuff and also make sure he doesn't get sucked into the middle when crosses come in.

I wonder if they will give Laird a chance in the first team next season he did well on loan at MK Dons only in League One but you think they might have a look at him in first team training next season.

Worst case they probably end up keeping Dalot around next season as backup rather than sending him out on loan as I can't see anyone buying him this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back