Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's got nothing to do with Madrid though them being a complete shambles is good news for you as it keeps eyes off you for a bit but your own house isn't exactly rosy.

Debts at Madrid are also sky high and money hasn't been well spent in the transfer market for the last few summers so I would imagine there's not much left in the rainy day fund at Madrid for signings this summer.

Barca though look to be in massive trouble I read something about them needing to ask for extensions on loan repayments.

Our debt was very low, outside of the money needed for the Bernabéu. So “sky high”?...
...not until we execute the loan which, l think, is staggered over 3 tranches.
If you know something l don’t, jsp, please put me straight.
Perez has run a very tight operation in recent years.
Victor Font, one of the Barça presidential candidates, was favourite to win, spoke of Madrid’s “war chest” last November, when talking about Barcelona’s financial position.
As you might be aware, Real are always ahead of United in Deloitte’s rich list, the latest of which sees you fall out of the top 3.
And when you have to work on your stadium, l believe it’s in need, that will probably cost more than a million or two.
What is United’s debt these days???

And Barcelona top the Deliotte rich list so not sure that is of great significance to where clubs are at, when you at the same time are pointing to how poor a position the club leading it are in.

You do love a bit of deflecting and not to actually talk about Real Madrid. Why is that?

Didn't intend on getting involved in a tit for tat over debt ours is stupid and the result of a takeover that to this day has yet to yield any benefit for the club. Our revenues aren't as stable because we've gone in and out of CL over the last few years so last years figures will be down on the season before because last season was a non CL season. I would guess being back in the CL will put us back into the top 3 shortly.

My point was including the debt you have taken on for your stadium re-development (something Utd probably need to start budgetting for as like you are stadium might be huge but it's starting to get a bit left behind in terms of modern standards).

Real Madrid is a cash cow in terms of income but it also spends it almost as quickly as it comes in again you know the detail better than me. I would imagine any slush funds you had will have been eaten into over the last 12-18 months as a result of no ticket income at all for the end of last season and rest of this season.

I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong I was under the impression that debts were a growing problem at Madrid not to the levels of Barcelona who are basically bankrupt but there's still pressures on Madrid.

Still think the spending over the last few years doesn't really stack up you didn't spend last summer but the previous summers you haven't really had a big signing come off and really strengthen that team.

Lost at home to Levante at the weekend play 80 minutes with 10 men.

Still second but 7 points off Atletico Madrid who also have 2 games in hand they won again so really are pulling away at the top.

All changed since you checked the table JSP.

They're now third. Joint with Barca on points for second.

Atletico have won one of their games so it's a 10 point lead with a game in hand.

Weird that on BBC they don't have the live table on the match report.

Sounds like they're just going to chuck everything at the champions league in the second half of the season the league is surely over even Atletico can't mess that up.

Managed to rescue a last minute draw against Sociedad tonight.

Atletico really seem to be struggling at the moment though. Gaps 5 points with 1 in hand.

The Madrid derby up next.

Beating Sociedad obviously isn't as easy as some make it look ;)

Yeah Atletico have hit a bit of a wall think they had a few players go down with Covid recently but it's allowed the rest to catch up.

Suarez was doing silly things at the start of the season he'd scored something like 13 goals from 20 shots at one point maybe they've just regressed to the mean a bit.

Perez elected for another 4 years.

In pure Putin style he ran unopposed for the third time in a row as no one came forward to challenge as the new rules massively restrict who can apply.

Confirmed he’s leaving at the end of the season.

Not exactly unexpected, left Madrid.

So that's Conte's next job then

Think he’s done a good job overall rumour mill suggests he’s off to Juventus to replace Pirlo.

Won the league last season got no signings then came up just short this season.

Conte would be a good fit at Madrid enjoys working with older players but the club seem to be preparing a massive clear out this summer which won’t be easy as everyone is broke.

Fire at Madrids new stadium this morning.

I wonder if any potential new manager will wait to see if they get thrown out of the CL

Fire at Madrids new stadium this morning.

I wonder if any potential new manager will wait to see if they get thrown out of the CL

Perez trying to get the insurance money? Haha!

Can’t see them being booted out looks to me like they’re backing the lawyers to get them out of paying any sort of penalty.

Other clubs should just refuse to do business with them and the other two until they back down.

Taken a few parting shots when explaining his reasons for leaving.

Would like to see him at another club so we can see how good he actually is as a manager he's kind of been the perfect fit for Madrid and delivered fantastic success in his two spells but can he do that at another club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back