Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Latest rumour/conspiracy theory started by a journalist is Utd end of year figures run until 30th September therefore they will hold all cash until after this date for the accounts then do deals. Seems very far fetched to me as those accounts won’t be posted for weeks/months so any spending after 1st October will be known.

Jan Age Fjortoft who covers Bundesliga for ESPN said he spoke to someone at Dortmund about Sancho yesterday and was told quite forcefully that its to late now the player stays.

What a load of rubbish. A frustration that things are taking so long? Yeah because United haven't made an offer or haven't offered what Dortmund want.

Sancho is going nowhere...
... you left it too late. What might be more feasible is January. Wouldn’t rule that out. And he could play for Utd in the Champions League.
Buy a defender before the window shuts.

On the topic of Madrid

Must be the first window in years we haven’t been linked to Varane
I haven’t seen a lot of him recently but a couple of seasons ago I watched a few games and he must have looked the fastest CB I’ve seen , we could do with him.

I haven’t seen a lot of him recently but a couple of seasons ago I watched a few games and he must have looked the fastest CB I’ve seen , we could do with him.

Last game I saw he gifted City two goals which knocked them out of the champions league.

Very good defender but ever since he broke into that Madrid side he’s been going nowhere.

This deal is very much alive why would Dortmund be looking at right wingers? And if it wasn’t then we would have signed someone eles by now.

Also another point....why would Dortmund be bemused about how utd have gone about the deal ? If there not going to sell there’s nothing to be bemused about it’s not like we’ve made an official bid and Dortmund have said he’s not going so why be bemused? There bemused tht we haven’t wrapped this deal up sooner so they can get on with there buisness.

SirAF...
...if you sign Mr Sancho, l will have to admit l have a lot to learn...
...and tip my hat to you.
But right now it’s all happening inside your head and nowhere else.
How many days left Sir Alex???
You need to get a move on. Stop talking to me and do the deal...

Sir Alex...
...Dortmund tell me they are “bemused” that you still think you have a shot.
They are “bemused” that you don’t understand the words...
...”the deadline has passed. Jadon is staying with us”.
I UNDERSTAND!!!
Seems perfectly clear to me.
They also tell me your tapping up tricks won’t work with them.
So there!!! Stop it...

Sir Alex...
...Dortmund tell me they are “bemused” that you still think you have a shot.
They are “bemused” that you don’t understand the words...
...”the deadline has passed. Jadon is staying with us”.
I UNDERSTAND!!!
Seems perfectly clear to me.
They also tell me your tapping up tricks won’t work with them.
So there!!! Stop it...
Ok if you want to beleave it I say no more

This deal is very much alive why would Dortmund be looking at right wingers? And if it wasn’t then we would have signed someone eles by now.

Who are they looking at buying?

Let’s just buy them cut out the middle man ha!

That’s an idea! It’ll probably be some wonder kid for peanuts then in 2 years be worth 150 million knowing in dortmund

You said they’re being linked to players to replace Sancho though. Is this actually happening?

I don’t follow their business that closely haven’t heard them linked with anyone.

The problem with the cut out the middle man plan is in that case of both Haaland and Bellingham both players picked Dortmund ahead of Utd when given the choice.

You said they’re being linked to players to replace Sancho though. Is this actually happening?

I don’t follow their business that closely haven’t heard them linked with anyone.

The problem with the cut out the middle man plan is in that case of both Haaland and Bellingham both players picked Dortmund ahead of Utd when given the choice.
Yes for one example Fabrizio Romano said they’ve lined up Ismailia sarr if Sancho was to leave , that’s just one report I use this one because he is as credible as it gets.
The thing is with Halaand ole couldn’t guarantee him a starting place , and Bellingham I’m not sure if he’s been starting for them ?

Yes for one example Fabrizio Romano said they’ve lined up Ismailia sarr if Sancho was to leave , that’s just one report I use this one because he is as credible as it gets.
The thing is with Halaand ole couldn’t guarantee him a starting place , and Bellingham I’m not sure if he’s been starting for them ?

I don’t actually think they’d replace Sancho they already have enough wide players in that squad. I don’t buy this Romano guy as a reliable source either he’s talked a lot this summer without really making a prediction that has come off. There’s definitely something about Sarr but looks like he needs plenty of work to polish up the rough diamond.

Haaland would have had Martial on the bench within 1 training session he knows that he went to Dortmund because he’s seen there track record of developing young strikers and maybe felt it was better for him to a more settled team.

Bellingham seems like a similar story he’s already made his first team debut again I guess the doubt for him with Utd is that stability that Dortmund offers.

You never know what turn Utd might take next and I think that is turning a lot of young players off us.

I don’t actually think they’d replace Sancho they already have enough wide players in that squad. I don’t buy this Romano guy as a reliable source either he’s talked a lot this summer without really making a prediction that has come off. There’s definitely something about Sarr but looks like he needs plenty of work to polish up the rough diamond.

Haaland would have had Martial on the bench within 1 training session he knows that he went to Dortmund because he’s seen there track record of developing young strikers and maybe felt it was better for him to a more settled team.

Bellingham seems like a similar story he’s already made his first team debut again I guess the doubt for him with Utd is that stability that Dortmund offers.

You never know what turn Utd might take next and I think that is turning a lot of young players off us.
Most journalists are like that or it seems that way because I guess these deals don’t always go through but I’ve been pretty happy with what he’s covered this window more then others I see , for example someone tonight said Sancho deal is signed and delivered announced tomorrow haha shocking,

Halaand would have benched him but when you’ve got Ole saying Martial is number 1 for that spot I think it put a lot of doubt in his head , I just hope we stick with Ole to get that stability back in the transfer window for deals We’ve got to stick to a formula instead of changing it every couple years and having to start over again.

Most journalists are like that or it seems that way because I guess these deals don’t always go through but I’ve been pretty happy with what he’s covered this window more then others I see , for example someone tonight said Sancho deal is signed and delivered announced tomorrow haha shocking,

Halaand would have benched him but when you’ve got Ole saying Martial is number 1 for that spot I think it put a lot of doubt in his head , I just hope we stick with Ole to get that stability back in the transfer window for deals We’ve got to stick to a formula instead of changing it every couple years and having to start over again.

Like anyone in the transfer game he’s feeding off scraps he can ask 10 people who might know about Sancho and get 10 different answers. He’s got to wade through all that and try and make sense of it which is basically impossible.

You know a deal is on when every big name sports writer says it on up until then you just have to keep a lid on expectations.

This Sancho deal for me just feels dead in the water if Utd were going to try a low ball offer they’d have done it a few weeks ago. It was as likely to work then as it is now.

I think with Haaland he just made the right choice based purely on football he’s a young striker and that Dortmund team is full throttle attack every game which suits him. He slots straight into that team at Utd the pressure would have been huge and there was no guarantee of Fernandes when he moved I think he was worried about going there and fighting for scraps.

I do think recruitment wise we are doing much better since Ole took over but just feels like to me the money isn’t there to go big this summer. Ole might accept that a bit better than the previous manager did but Ole is going to have to find a way to squeeze more out of what he has I think.

Like anyone in the transfer game he’s feeding off scraps he can ask 10 people who might know about Sancho and get 10 different answers. He’s got to wade through all that and try and make sense of it which is basically impossible.

You know a deal is on when every big name sports writer says it on up until then you just have to keep a lid on expectations.

This Sancho deal for me just feels dead in the water if Utd were going to try a low ball offer they’d have done it a few weeks ago. It was as likely to work then as it is now.

I think with Haaland he just made the right choice based purely on football he’s a young striker and that Dortmund team is full throttle attack every game which suits him. He slots straight into that team at Utd the pressure would have been huge and there was no guarantee of Fernandes when he moved I think he was worried about going there and fighting for scraps.

I do think recruitment wise we are doing much better since Ole took over but just feels like to me the money isn’t there to go big this summer. Ole might accept that a bit better than the previous manager did but Ole is going to have to find a way to squeeze more out of what he has I think.
Romano has just said the Andreas Pereira deal is done with 27 million euro buy option wow that would be good business for us , the wages are shared

Romano has just said the Andreas Pereira deal is done with 27 million euro buy option wow that would be good business for us , the wages are shared

Think it's a dreadful deal for us to be honest

1) we pay half the wages if they want him on loan they should be paying close to 100% of the wages for this season. With the Italian tax system they can afford it as foreign players pay massively reduced levels of tax.
2) we're relying on him to be good enough that Lazio decide to pay 27m (they won't)
3) he comes back with 12 months less on his contract.

Stinks of Sanchez/Smalling to me they take them on loan they do well then they come back in 12 months and try to drive down the previously agreed price.

The only way they pay 27m is if he has a superstar season and his price goes crazy high and they think they can but at 27m and flip him to another club for more.

My terms for the deal would be obligation to buy at 15m next summer if Lazio make CL, 10m if they don't and they pay only pay 75% of the wages this season.

If they refuse the obligation to buy then fine take him for 12 months but you pay his wages in full and a small loan fee to offset the 12 months we lose on his value on the contract. We then negotiate a fair price next summer if you want to keep him.

I agree, the only good thing about the deal is, he won't be playing for us this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back