Angel Gomes to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson and Januzaj have gone on to do nothing. So I think we made the right choices there. Januzaj I thin had a fair crack and wasn't good enough.

Gomes wants to play abroad, no deal yet

Thanks for the response. It's amazing how things read online. My response to you wasn't supposed to be argumentative, just oh I think something different, but it reads a little roughly. Yes, I misread what you wrote. But I think players like Wilson and Januzaj should have been given more chances too, and I'm routinely told I am wrong about thinking they would have ever come good. With Gomes, he was like a really good high school player.
Yeah I definitely didn’t like Januzaj leaving, obviously he had a couple of loan moves at Dortmund and Sunderland which didn’t really work out. However he looks to have found some consistency with Sociedad and is finally starting to show that potential. Wasn’t really sold on Wilson, he was brilliant at youth level and he’s one that didn’t do much on loan at various teams. Think I read he is at Salford now so good luck to him. He must only be about 23/24 so plenty of time for him to get his mojo.

It just goes to show that leap up to the first team is tough for a lot of guys even if they rip it up in the youth teams.

Wilson and Januzaj have gone on to do nothing. So I think we made the right choices there. Januzaj I thin had a fair crack and wasn't good enough.
But United wanted to keep Gomes. They made him an offer so I think it's slightly different there?

But United wanted to keep Gomes. They made him an offer so I think it's slightly different there?
I don't know what all of you consider a good salary for your jobs, but I would be over the moon if someone were to offer me 30,000 pounds per week for playing footy, especially if it was the club that nurtured me and also was the greatest club in the world (tm). In one month Gomes would be making more money than 90% of people. And he turned it down.

I don't know what all of you consider a good salary for your jobs, but I would be over the moon if someone were to offer me 30,000 pounds per week for playing footy, especially if it was the club that nurtured me and also was the greatest club in the world (tm). In one month Gomes would be making more money than 90% of people. And he turned it down.
I suspect you're under estimating the price of a Bugatti La Voiture Noire

Yeah I mean I guess it's hard for us to gauge as that's crazy money but then it's money we will just never see. To a young football player at one of the biggest clubs perhaps that's not great money? And also maybe it wasn't money driven? I mean looking at the United team who does he get in ahead of?

They offer you 30k when Lingard is on 120k, Periera probably on 50k and other clubs might be offering you 50k. Business is business these boys are professionals if someone offers you more it’s on your club to match it if they don’t then you have to decide if you want to take it.

This kids career might never take off is he’s got the chance to make 5m or 10m off his next contract that’s a big choice.

You also have to see the flip side these lads see their mates get cut loose every year by the clubs because they’re not good enough there’s no extra loyalty shown to these kids. Yeah the club helps them find new clubs but they still cut you loose. In that sort of environment you should not be demanding loyalty.

There’s also the issue of playing time this lad needs to start playing first team football every week that just isn’t going to happen for him at Utd this season or next as he isn’t better than our weaker players let alone the stronger ones.

I hope he doesn’t go to Chelsea I hope he goes to a club who are prepared to take a bit of time with him and develop his talents in a league where it’s a bit easier.

Yeah I mean I guess it's hard for us to gauge as that's crazy money but then it's money we will just never see. To a young football player at one of the biggest clubs perhaps that's not great money? And also maybe it wasn't money driven? I mean looking at the United team who does he get in ahead of?
That's the point I should have made: he looks and sees there's no chance he's getting in ahead of anyone barring some catastrophic injury to a first team player. With that in mind, here Angel, would you like 30K per week even though we all know you're not good enough for the first team? Beyond that, I understand if he can get more $ elsewhere he might want to go, but if he goes I don't care where he goes. I doubt it's to another Premier League side.

Has there been any concrete rumours as to where he might end up?

Not really lots of names have been thrown around.

Chelsea seem to be the one that comes around most.

Nothing being announced suggests to me it's an English side

Can imagine him possibly ending up in Spain. The Barca rumours seemed to have died down, probs his agents doing to drum up some interest.

A bit over stated to call it successful. He’d never won anything of note just a third tier title and generally just maintained Everton a side that have never been relegated as a prem team and people called it successful.

It was hardly a glowing CV and since joining United he’s been awful everywhere he’s gone.

A bit over stated to call it successful. He’d never won anything of note just a third tier title and generally just maintained Everton a side that have never been relegated as a prem team and people called it successful.

It was hardly a glowing CV and since joining United he’s been awful everywhere he’s gone.
He done a very good job in rejuvenating Everton into a top 5 side. They were truly awful ans were in numerous relegation battles which they scraped through.

He led them to their lowest league finish of 17th and their record points total came the season after he left.

The fact Everton fans wern’t sad to see him leave told us everything we needed to know.

He led them to their lowest league finish of 17th and their record points total came the season after he left.

The fact Everton fans wern’t sad to see him leave told us everything we needed to know.
He then finished in 4th, their highest ever finish and then went on to keep them top 8 club for 6 consecutive seasons, including two consecutive 5th spots. That's a good showing for a club like Everton.

To call them successful is stretching it. You have to Nick a cup or do something.

yeah, no way Moyes can be called successful, he had a decent spell at Everton, it's been a catasrophe everywhere since

He did a decent job at Everton kept them a nice and stable club generally top half only the odd blip season so yeah he was a success but by the end the fans were a bit worn down by him always playing it safe rather than trying to go the next step.

Wasn't easy as the big 4 suddenly became a big 5 when City won the lottery then Spurs got on a good run I guess Everton fans probably feel with a bit more ambition they could have done what Spurs did and crash that party.

Less said about his time at Utd just not the guy the club needed at that time.

Sunderland was already a car crash before he went in there as was West Ham he just hasn't been able to turn either club around.

Don’t forget about his time over in Spain!

Yeah but fair play to him for giving it a go.

I don't think Moyes is a terrible manager I just think he's made some bad choices since it went wrong for him at Utd rather than sit and wait for a job that did suit him to took another gamble and it didn't work out.

I guees it's what you call a good manager, many would call Big Sam, Pulis etc all good managers. I'm not so sure. I suppose at least they have kept people up which is a plus.

Not every good manager ends his career with a boat load of titles keeping teams in divisions is an artform and the work that managers like Allardyce, Hodgson or Pulis do only really becomes clear when they leave because most clubs end up sinking like a stone without them.

It's not always pretty but they don't have time to be pretty they often come in with half the season gone and the team struggling so they quickly have to simplify everything to get results.

I mean if Pep or Klopp took over Villa at Xmas would they be safe by now? Reality is we'll never know because they won't have to take these jobs but I think they'd struggle same way the relegation dogfight managers probably wouldn't score 100 points in a league season.

thats what I was saying, at least they have kept people up.

Moyes, did he keep West Ham up last time? maybe he did.

Yeah he kept them up last season can't really remember how close they were to going in the end but they got off to a decent start this year then fell to bits again but they look like they'll probably survive again this season.

Moyes reminds me a lot of Dyche at Burnley builds a solid well structured team but it's no thrills.

Anyway back to Angel Gomes not really sure where I see him fitting in at any prem side as a starter as very few sides play with a proper number 10 anymore. I do think he'd benefit massively from a few years abroad developing his game maybe has to learn to play from a wide position.

Can't be easy for him he was the jewel in the crown of his age group coming up he then got injured and his career has stumbled while his mates like Foden, Sancho, Hudson-Odoi have all got into first teams and started earning the big bucks while he's still messing about in the U23 league most weeks.

I think Gomes may succeed must in Spain. He's got that kind of style and ability. Trouble is I'm not sure he'd break through at Barca and he probably wants another big club after United? It's going to be a big and tough decision for him.

I think Gomes may succeed must in Spain. He's got that kind of style and ability. Trouble is I'm not sure he'd break through at Barca and he probably wants another big club after United? It's going to be a big and tough decision for him.

He would be mad to go to Barcelona as they have this guy called Messi who plays in his position.

Needs to join a club like Seville who have a track record of developing talent.

Yeah I can only see him played on the wings or as an inside forward to not be a liability in the middle.

Lots of talk today that he’s agreed to join Lille.

As he’s leaving England Utd will get next to nothing to cover training costs had he signed for an English club we’d have got millions.

Lille could be a great move for him if the rumours are true.

Angel Gomes signs for Lille after leaving Manchester United, loaned to Boavista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back