Coronavirus in sport

Actually, your wrong. Folk in such privileged positions should surrender a fair chunk of that privilege at times like this. If it was war time they could find much of it just taken from them, not to mention finding themselves in the trenches.
Its not unreasonable to expect from them at a time like this.
I am not knowledgeable about UK politics, however if you said this in the US you would be making a classic progressive argument. Literally the idea underpinning progressive taxation is what you expressed: from those with more, more is demanded. You can align how you like and vote how you like, but you would be espousing a Bernie Sanders idea here, and if you’re a Conservative that would be anathema to your very core beliefs.

I am not knowledgeable about UK politics, however if you said this in the US you would be making a classic progressive argument. Literally the idea underpinning progressive taxation is what you expressed: from those with more, more is demanded. You can align how you like and vote how you like, but you would be espousing a Bernie Sanders idea here, and if you’re a Conservative that would be anathema to your very core beliefs.
So, what you are essentially saying is IDFD is a Tory.

Spurs under huge pressure to reverse their furlough decision but Levy isn’t one to back down so will be interesting to see if they cave.

Statement released. #PlayersTogether. Separate from the clubs, the premier league or the FA they’ve launched their own initiative.

Still think there will be pressure from clubs to take pay cuts or defer wages Bournemouth, Everton, Leicester are apparently running wages that are 85% of turnover.

In Scotland today the non premier league clubs are voting on finishing the season now with tables being decided on a points per game basis so teams with games in hand while have points adjusted. They need to get 75% of the teams across the 3 divisions to vote in favour for it to be agreed.

I dont think that's fair really. Condemning clubs to relegation when they could stay up.

If they did that in the UK then the non leage teams who's season was scrapped could easily go to court I'd say.

I dont think that's fair really. Condemning clubs to relegation when they could stay up.

If they did that in the UK then the non leage teams who's season was scrapped could easily go to court I'd say.
If you don't mind I will just remind you that Scotland is part of the UK. The UK does not consist of England only!

They don’t want to be so screw ‘em. They are the runts of the UK litter now.
It's prats talking like that that causes the divide. Scotland voted to remain in the UK if you don't remember. So I take it you are an English independant are you. LOL

Every league below the national league in England has already been null and voided a few clubs had already secured promotion/been relegated but due to the blanket decision this doesn’t matter all records have basically been wiped. Clubs are not happy many players saying if they’re going to do this then can players/clubs have any fine moneyalready paid returned.

I imagine in Scotland it’ll be a mixed feeling I guess most clubs want to play the games they need the money but finishing leagues allows them to go into hibernation mode earlier and bring costs down while they wait for a new season.

The only reason top divisions are carrying on is because of TV deals no club will want to be offering up refunds on those deals.

I am 100% sure that I didn’t mix up countries and posted what I meant.

A step ahead of England as always.

They’re not really a step ahead of anyone. They’ve put forward a preliminary date to start with nothing confirmed and nothing guaranteed. Because the vote got rejected. They’ve come up with a date that they’re 99% likely to miss. (I’ll bet you £2000 now there is no football in Scotland that day)

I mean for feck sake come on you told me I had the wrong country to start with. What is wrong with you? Why do you have to behave the idiot every time someone post?

I have a lot more to say that I’m going to drop. But I am getting fed up with your tedious comments and statements. I’m asking you now to stop it and grow up.

Are you sure that's not the Irish league? June the 10th is a Wednesday.

Like this shit? Where was the need for that comment instead of just assuming I was correct in what I said? What basis did you have for thinking that it was the Irish league I was talking about because it was a Wednesday?

(No basis at all just wanted to talk shit. You have no basis to half the shit you say and it’s offensive)

come on @IDFD what do you expect doing your research on obscure websites like BBC.

In Germany they’re trying to get games played in the top two divisions from the start of May behind closed doors. Apparently they are really worried if they don’t play the games TV companies will be due a £750m refund which they think could bankrupt 1/2 the teams in the second tier. This proposal requires a lot of testing they reckon they need 240 people at every game and everyone entering would be subject to regular testing.

I think football in June is currently a best case option in the UK It will require a huge number of tests being available for clubs to use as it will need to be heavily controlled.

The national league are voting to potentially end their season as things stands with adjustments made for games in hand or null and void. If they bring things to an end then that will leave 4 leagues to finish. I think it’s time to ditch the domestic cups and uefa need to ditch the european tournaments for the foreseeable travelling around Europe is going to be restricted for a while. They may need to ditch the playoff just give an extra automatic spot (not sure they could do this changing rules mid season).

I still think they have to null and void start fresh in August do a deal with the tv companies probably just have to extend existing contracts for a year at a discounted rate or give them more games to show next season to make up the deficit.

Like this shit? Where was the need for that comment instead of just assuming I was correct in what I said? What basis did you have for thinking that it was the Irish league I was talking about because it was a Wednesday?

(No basis at all just wanted to talk shit. You have no basis to half the shit you say and it’s offensive)
Shut yer face

So what you’re saying is they’re not actually one step ahead of anyone and you were full of shit as always?

Not sure why you’re saying shut your face. I reported the news from the BBC. Was correct in what I reported in that the league has been suspended until June 10th. You then questioned if I was correct. I was. You then said Scotland are one step ahead. They aren’t. What is your point?

Madness going on in Scotland.

So last week the clubs all voted on ending the 3 divisions below the Scottish premier league now awarding positions on a points per game basis for this to happen 75% of all the teams in the top 4 divisions had to vote yes. The reason being if they vote to end the season the FA can pay out the money for your final position in the table and give clubs a much needed cash injection and it means clubs can release players from their contracts at the end of the season. For clubs cash is king and money now is much better than a little bit more money in a few months time this will save a lot of them from going bust but there's a good chance some still will.

Part of the agreement was that the league would look at possible restructuring of the divisions did seem strange to me that 42 teams in Scotland are split across 4 divisions.

Well here's where it gets interesting Dundee originally voted no but the league said the vote wasn't received in time but Dundee were allowed to reconsider knowing that their vote was actually the hanging vote whatever they said went and yesterday they confirmed they'd changed their vote to yes the season was now over. Weirdly this means their city rivals Dundee Utd get promoted but the relegated clubs have already said they'll consider legal action.

In the middle of all this Rangers announced they had evidence against the board that they were prepared to expose if the vote was allowed to stand.

So following this vote the board now have the power to do the same in the premier league which would crown Celtic champions which they basically already are being 13 points clear with only 8 games left and relegate Hearts. The league don't want to end the season as UEFA have made it quite clear that their current position is any country that ends their league early without finishing fixtures may not be allowed entry into the European competitions next season.

Premier League remain committed to finishing this season even if it goes beyond end of June.

I do think we might see league one and two finished early as null and void just to release money to clubs to keep them going allow them to put themselves into hibernation until they can get back to playing games as without the gate receipts these clubs don’t function.

I think the championship will want to play out the games to keep the TV money just like the PL less games behind closed doors makes it easier for them to happen.

Novak Djokovic says he may reject covid 19 vaccination if/when one becomes available as it doesn’t fit with his personal beliefs.

He's vegan and it'll be tested on animals. But shortly at some point you have to put those aside

I have some very strong beliefs about the type of people that don't vaccinate their children. ;)

Let’s see how strong his beliefs are when he’s refused travel visas and admissions to tournaments yeah he’s got the money to retire so let’s see how long he sticks to this plan.

National League vote to end season relegation/promotion is still to be determined by the league.

Week by week the leagues fall I believe the chairman in league 2 have discussed the possibility of calling it a day they might hold out a few more weeks but I think for them it's a case of the sooner the better.

Cash is king at this level and player contracts are short with no money coming in many clubs have already furloughed players as well as non playing staff. Ending the season brings security of what they owe and any payments due from the leagues can be made as really the bulk of income for these clubs comes from the ticket sales and these clubs know they won't be playing in front of fans for a long time yet. Realistically they can't extend existing deals beyond June 30th so if they don't get the games played by then the league can't finish.

Reality for these clubs is until the fans can come back clubs below the championship level probably all need to go into total hibernation mode lock up the stadium/offices and put everyone on furlough.

Another story going around suggesting the EFL and national league may combine with league 2 becoming league 2 north and south mirroring national league north and south.

Pro’s
Lower travelling costs for clubs

Con’s
Less TV solidarity money from PL as the same money will need to go further.

Could see a lot more teams going semi pro if that happened.

Thinking outside the box could they allow these teams to show live 3pm games so there would be a bigger tv pot.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back