Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury.

IDFD

Wilder - 40 Fights 40 Wins 39 Knockouts.
Fury - 27 Fights 27 Wins 19 Knockouts.

Who you got? I can't really stand either of them and hope AJ gets in a ring and sorts the winner out. Fury could easily outbox Wilder but Wilders power is the wildcard. If just one of them get through Fury's defence then the fights all over. Wilder resume is shocking compared to Joshua's and Fury he's not really beaten anyone of note.

Intrigued to see which version of Fury we see. Pre-layoff Fury wins, I think. Fury has been on the canvas from fighters with less power.

Wilder nicely summed up the fight in one sentence: “He has to be perfect for the whole fight, I only have to be perfect for one second.”

I think that’s a pretty fair analysis of the fight.

Fury is just awkward he's not good to watch but he's hard to beat because of his size and reach and the fact he does weird things but he's very talented he knows what to do to win as he's very hard to hit when he's on his game.

Wilder very hard to judge he's not gone up against anyone really in his career but that knockout record is unreal like he says 1 clean shot is all he needs and Fury has never really had the power to put the big men down he's a boxer who likes to take it the distance.

Fury seems in a good place at the moment though he's looking in decent shape and more importantly he's got his mind right.

Weigh in due to start soon.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't stand Fury, I hope he gets put on his arse. AJ would beat both these clowns. I would like to see AJ fight Fury but I don't think that is going to happen ever.

Can't stand Fury, I hope he gets put on his arse. AJ would beat both these clowns. I would like to see AJ fight Fury but I don't think that is going to happen ever.
I don't want Fury to win but... I listened to Fury on the JRE podcast and honestly I ended up having a bit of respect for him. I've never heard such an open and Frank interview with a sportsman.

Tbh apart from 2 rounds I thought fury took him to school. Didn't think he was getting up in the last, he looked like the undertaker

I thought Fury won the fight too. Excellent fight but boxing is starting to bore me with all these cards going the wrong way. Ward vs Kovalev 1. GGG vs Canelo 1 and 2 and now this fight. Just feels like what’s the point. Feels some Judges have made their decision before a punch is thrown.

Do you think he will challenge the scorecard?

I doubt it because a rematch will be very lucrative now but judging in boxing is comical at times.

Malignaggi said ‘The judge that scored the fight for wilder shouldn’t work another day in his life. Everyone who watched knew Fury won that fight. I can’t even do my job because how am I supposed to analyse a fight and tell you why it was a draw when it was clearly a Fury win’

Mayweather had Fury 5-0 up after 5. The judge that scored the Wilder 115-111 had Wilder 4-1 up at that point.

Ward said ‘A draw, I understand (even tho I feel Fury won by a 2 or 3 rds). With 2 knockdowns & round here or there for Wilder and you have a draw in some people’s eyes. But 115-111 for Wilder is terrible, just terrible !! That’s what’s wrong with boxing. Fury’s stock went up’

If I was him I’d ignore the rematch and go after Joshua. It’ll make a lot more money now he’s proven he’s ready for a come back in the eyes of the public he won anyway. And a loss against Wilder in a rematch would lose him that fight and Wilder does have one punch power.

How the hell Fury got up in the 12th I’ll never know.

The judge that gave that fight to Wilder needs his position taken away and should never Judge again, where do they get these fools from honestly !
Im not a massive Fury fan but it was a resounding win for him despite the 2 knockdowns. Wilder won the first 4 rounds on his card ?! Absolute nonsense, id of given him the 2nd at a push - not the first 4 rounds.

I struggled to give him the 2nd even. And even the knockdown rounds fury ended the better. I gave wilder the 2 knockdown rounds plus 1 shared.

Boxing judging is the maddest judging system ever there’s no logic to it sometimes.

I haven’t seen the fight but everyone seems to agree Fury dominated the fight there’s no one who saw it the way that judge did. Most pundits even saying Fury bossed the two rounds he went down in so rather than being a 10-8 round they were 10-9 rounds.

I don’t see how it won’t end in a rematch lots of money at stake and potential to be a UK stadium fight but that means waiting 6 months my guess is they’ll rematch early new year with the winner going up vs Joshua.

Fair play to Fury he’s fought with a lot of demons outside the ring and it seems his true personality is coming out now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why is there a rematch after every heavyweight match? Move on, AJ awaits you if you dare.

It was a draw so the rematch was obviously on the cards. I wonder if Wilder will still have a rematch clause should he lose like he did the first fight.

For Joshua I guess it’ll be Dillon Whyte 2

It was a draw so the rematch was obviously on the cards. I wonder if Wilder will still have a rematch clause should he lose like he did the first fight.

For Joshua I guess it’ll be Dillon Whyte 2

Apparently Usyk will be watching on the 22nd, with a view to taking on the winner for his first fight at Heavyweight - Usyk is class and without getting a massive shot landed on his chin - easily outboxes Whyte or Del Boy.

Similar to the Wilder - Fury fiasco - Chisora beat Whyte in the first one and was robbed, we were at the arena that night and everyone around us had Chisora as the winner.

Usyk has got all the skills but I don't think he'll cut it at heavyweight. 60 pounds to Whyte. You get hit by someone carrying that much extra weight you're always at risk. And Whyte isn't slow and he should land at some point. So i'd imagine it'll be a fight where Usyk is ahead of points before getting KO'd.

Anyone watching the rematch? Just got home and put the undercard on hoping I can stay awake

Got up to watch it what a masterclass from Fury.

Wilder maybe got first and second round but after that it was one way traffic Fury hit him with some heavy shots and leaned all over him totally zapped Wilders legs.

Shame the towel are in to deny that glorious knockdown moment but it was getting to the point where I think the ref might wave it off as Wilder could not really defend himself.

There shouldn’t be a rematch Fury has dominated both fights next up has to be AJ to unify the division.

Sounds like a right battering, will there be the public desire for another rematch? Fury won the 1st by everyone apart from the judges, battered him in the second. Surely AJ is the big money fight.

I did read though, the American fight fans are loving Fury, so another fight over there would be good for him.

The rematch is down to Wilders team. He’s got 30 days to activate the rematch clause in the contract if he wants it. I imagine he will because it’s the quickest way to save his career. If he doesn’t take this clause the British will shut up shop and not let him get near another title shot like he’s been doing to them for years.

The only problem with this is he probably takes another battering in the third fight. Fury had mentally scarred him. He probably will have to rebuild for 3/4 years taking riskier fights than before. Ruiz/Whyte will be ready to give him a chance for a big fight and put himself back on the map.

As for AJ / Fury I don’t see it happening for 3 or 4 fights time. AJ has to defend next against Pulev and now that Wilder isn’t being protected Whyte may finally get his mandatory fight given after being #1 in line for over 1000 days.

And at some point you have to throw Usyk in the mix. It’s a good time for heavyweight boxing and a great time to be Tyson Fury. After Saturdays performance he’s the best in the world.

I know his team have the clause, but if the public don't want it, is there any point. Nothing in the first two fights shows he's got a chance really.

They said on the radio today they might talk Pulev into giving up the fight, but he will 100% get first bout against the gut who holds all the belts. If Wilder doesn't take the option.

I think he will take the option he’s in his 30s needs the pay day win and he gets AJ lose and he goes back to fighting on low revenue gigs or retire.

The 3rd fight will be an easy sell he will say he didn’t quit his corner quit on him, that he made the mistake of coming in to heavy. The split on the rematch is 60/40 in Fury’s favour as part of the deal.

The only way this fight makes big money is if the American PPV audience is willing to pay to see Fury.

If it’s a rematch I wouldn’t be surprised if Fury’s demons hit and he can’t raise himself for a fight he’s already won.

Styles make fights. I’m not sure Fury bullies AJ like he did Wilder. I imagine AJ would come in about heavier than he did vs Ruiz two. Try and fight off the back foot and look for openings. Actually think it could be a very boring fight where neither wants to engage too much. What made Wilder easy for Fury was that he lacks the fundamentals to set his shots up. AJ whilst not having the one punch power of Wilder is a much better boxer.

Wilder wants rematch, he's blaming his ring suit, it was heavy and took his energy...... o_O

Wilder wants rematch, he's blaming his ring suit, it was heavy and took his energy...... o_O
As lame excuses go, that’s right up there. Just take it like a man and say the better fighter won on the night. Ring suit too heavy - what a flannel.

Got up to watch it what a masterclass from Fury.

Wilder maybe got first and second round but after that it was one way traffic Fury hit him with some heavy shots and leaned all over him totally zapped Wilders legs.

Shame the towel are in to deny that glorious knockdown moment but it was getting to the point where I think the ref might wave it off as Wilder could not really defend himself.

There shouldn’t be a rematch Fury has dominated both fights next up has to be AJ to unify the division.
@jsp - did you think Wilder won the first 2 rounds ?

Styles make fights. I’m not sure Fury bullies AJ like he did Wilder. I imagine AJ would come in about heavier than he did vs Ruiz two. Try and fight off the back foot and look for openings. Actually think it could be a very boring fight where neither wants to engage too much. What made Wilder easy for Fury was that he lacks the fundamentals to set his shots up. AJ whilst not having the one punch power of Wilder is a much better boxer.
Yep, bang on with this mate

@jsp - did you think Wilder won the first 2 rounds ?

I though they were close rounds Wilder caught Fury with a good punch in the first round but Fury was controlling the ring and the pace coming on to him and forcing him back so he probably took the round but I’d say Wilder took the second round.

I’d say after 2 rounds it was probably 1-1 in terms of rounds but after that it was one way traffic.

I see Wilder is now blaming his ring attire I just think he came in to heavy and Fury was clever leaning on him making him hold up his 19 stone weight for periods he just drained Wilder and now he’s in peak shape his punches are carrying full force again. I can’t imagine Wilder has ever taken on someone who can hit him that hard so often.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back