Mauricio Pochettino at Tottenham Hotspur 2019/20

For me, it's not about instant success. I would like to see a method to our approach, a system installed/style of football to get the best out of the players, but at the minute there isn't either.
And this I agree with. I don't expect instant success, I'm not even bothered about competing and winning right now. I want to be entertained and the only thing that's entertaining about this team is just how pathetically bad they are.

Poch had a clear style it was clear at Espanyol then at Southampton then at Spurs he forced it on the players at Spurs those who could hack it stayed and those that couldn't went.

Ole has been here almost a year and we still don't know what he's trying to do on the pitch.

The biggest mistake Utd made was summer 2018 they'd given Jose a new contract then they didn't back him the following summer.

They've backed out of the Mourinho plan and it's cost us a fortune sacking him and now trying to move on his players.

Spurs didn't back Poch probably because the stadium has tied their hands to some extent but Poch sounded the alarm he knows the camp at Spurs is an unhappy one and he told them things needed to change but they couldn't make those changes but he's at least put that behind him and got on with the job rather than do what Mourinho did which was create carnage.

Spurs would be mad to sack Poch but it does feel like it's coming to an end bit like Klopp at Dortmund it might be one that both parties need to shake hands and agree to walk away.

Ole has been here almost a year and we still don't know what he's trying to do on the pitch.
And this is my issue. Lampard is imposing a style on Chelsea. City and Liverpool knew straight away what Pep and Klopp were trying to do. 9 or so months in and I see no Ole style. And if his style is counter attacking football then he needs to build that time machine and go manage in the 90s and noughties.

Utd were not a counter attack team in the 90's and 00's though this is the major issue I had with it we certainly had it in the locker but in the vast majority of games we dominated the ball and picked teams off with periods of sustained pressure.

Back to Tottenham. They’ve got 22 points from their last 19 league games.

Spurs are in real trouble. The uncertainty surrounding Eriksen’s future is evident and can see him leaving before the ship sinks. Either someone will make a cheeky low ball bid in January or he’ll leave for free in the summer. Alli’s form has fallen off a cliff and their signings haven’t quite lived up to the billing yet. Also getting rid of Trippier and trusting your right back slot to Aurier who will get sent off more than he should do isn’t ideal.

They need to continue to challenge or guys like Kane and Son may look elsewhere.

They may well turn things around but they look in a little bit of trouble. Like we do, like Arsenal do. Gosh a couple of Champions League places are well up for grabs if teams like Leicester, West Ham etc really want it.

Think Alli has had a lot of injury problems since the world cup it's really fallen on Son to step up and carry that team over the last year and he's done a great job a criminally under rated player in the league imo he's one of the best wide men in the game right now so dangerous off both feet.

Poch to his defence warned of this I think he knows a few of the players who were part of that first great Spurs team he built are shot and need to be moved on. I don't think Eriksen is one of them but he's clearly looking to move on but maybe the clubs he wants to go to don't want to pay for him bit like Ramsey or Herrera they only got their moves because they were free.

I think Spurs would be mad to sack Poch it's down to Levy to find the money to rebuild that squad next summer needs a big overhaul.

3-0 to Brighton. Give him the job now.

Brighton get their first home win in 7 months.

Looks very similar to Utd at the start of last season everything is falling apart but unlike Mourinho I don’t think it’s Poch who’s causing that to happen.

The club not rewarding success with improved contracts has upset a lot of players and they’ve priced them out of moves away rather than getting them out.

Things could be coming to an end for Pochettino at Spurs, but he would still my first choice to be the manager at United.

If it does come to am end quickly then it may leave united with a difficult decision. Is it fair to sack a manager after one transfer window of a team in decline? Not really.
If a manager becomes available that you really want should you go for him? Probably.
Has poch achieved enough in his career to be that man? A year ago you would say yes, now not so sure.
I neither have answers or a strong opinion on this. I just believe that Woodward has put us in an almost impossible position.

1-0 down at home to bottom of the league. Surely they’ll turn it around. But if they don’t surely questions start to get asked?

1-0 down at home to bottom of the league. Surely they’ll turn it around. But if they don’t surely questions start to get asked?

I think they're already being asked but bit like Ole the media so far are pointing to those above the manager as he made it pretty clear that in the summer he wanted to overhaul the squad and he wasn't allowed to do it.

Premier League: Everton 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 3rd November 2019

Played 11
Won 3
Drawn 4
Lost 4
Points 13
Goals For 17
Goals Against 16

1-1 draw at home to Sheff Utd. Really struggling like us to get any momentum going.

Sheffield Utd on the road have a great record think it’s been over a year since they lost away.

Spurs are just drifting along think Poch knows he needs to build a new team but the club are just being slow about doing it.

To many players at the club who don’t want to sign new deals I think they should sell them in January and just take the hit this season and reinvest in the summer.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bayern do sound keen on him but I think they've decided that they only want German speaking coaches going forward so I'd assume he'd need to learn the language before he joined them and they'd probably need to wait until the end of the season.

Crazy to think that shortly after smashing a team away in the CL you'd sack your manager and then shell out a load of compensation money to take there's.

I'm not sure how desperate Poch is to leave Spurs anyway I think he's frustrated with the situation this season with all these unhappy players but by all accounts he has a great relationship with Levy outside of work the frustrations that come from the job are just part of being a manager. You might want something but you boss can't always give it to you which I think is the case at Spurs right now.

I guess for Poch with Spurs it's does he ever feel like he can win at Spurs? I think they missed the golden chance that year Leicester won it that one was a free hit for everyone as Utd/City/Chelsea were all in a mess that year, that's not to say Spurs blew it Leicester got ahead and never really looked back . Having those 3 plus now Liverpool all having an off season again in the next 5 years is unlikely so at some point does Poch need to look for a challenge where he's got a better chance of glory.

Think that’s too early. Very surprised. Wouldn’t be shocked if Ole sacked Monday. United just escaped £24m in compensation.

Going for Mourinho or Allegri?

Spurs maybe need CL football to pay for the stadium plus the reinvestment needed in the squad.

Sounds like things are really bad in that dressing room right now I think it’s mad for him to go but we don’t know all the facts if it is that bad maybe he has to if he’s a contributing factor 20 players always trump 1 manager in football.

Bayern probably can’t believe their luck job is open and now no compensation?

My guess is part of his settlement means he can’t take a job until next season as part of the pay off.

Spurs are filming a behind the scenes Amazon documentary this season.

Maybe we will find out how bad it’s got.

It’s more than just this season the second half of last season was awful the CL run covered up an awful league run

It’s like Andy getting rid of Woody, just because a new shiny Buzz Lightyear came along.

We are not suddenly going to sack Ole just because Poch became available, not gonna happen.
I know we aren't. Doesn't mean I can't want that.

Wrong/bad timing for a move to United, unfortunately. United are enjoying a decent run of form and Pochettino will most likely be announced manager elsewhere before the end of the season. United should be ruthless.

Something has gone on behind closed doors. Otherwise this happens 10 days ago. Rumours are Mourinho.

I don’t want to see Ole sacked but wouldn’t be surprised because that just took a lot of money off of replacing him.

You would think he would have had a little time in the bank to turn things around, obviously they haven’t won the trophies but he’s turned them into contenders. I guess football is ruthless now and if you aren’t getting the job done then you’re gone. Think he’ll end up getting a good job abroad and probably will win trophies. Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up at Bayern now.

they said on the BBC that Levy asked him to leave last week, when he refused he sacked him.

Strange decision, should have backed him with some money really.

As for coming to united, he's not won anything, and his buying isn't exactly brilliant is it? We need to stick to our plan with Ole, it's going well for me. He's just one window in and doing better than Jose did.

Wrong/bad timing for a move to United, unfortunately. United are enjoying a decent run of form and Pochettino will most likely be announced manager elsewhere before the end of the season. United should be ruthless.
Absolutely they should be yeah. Sack Ole and bring in Poch. He can build a team.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back