Sideshow Bob

TotalPremier LeagueEuropa LeagueFA CupLeague Cup
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow Cards
Red Cards

Pre-Season 2019/20: Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur - 25th July 2019

Superb goal to put us back in the lead against Spurs. Would love to see more of him in the first team in the coming season.

I know everyone loves Greenwood and Chong but this is the lad I’m most excited by.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Pre-Season: Manchester United 2-2 AC Milan - 3rd August 2019

I think he has made impacts when he has played. In truth I would rather be playing him than mata right now

I would rather be playing him ahead of Mata and Lingard. He has so much natural ability and should be getting lots of minutes in the upcoming season.

Mata and Matic should be nowhere near Premier League games and especially not in the same team together. Matic in particular looks awful, seems to have no awareness that there are another 21 players on the pitch.

As for Gomes, think he's been brilliant in pre-season, his size is a concern but his ability on the ball often gets him out of trouble. U23s play Rotherham in the EFL Trophy tomorrow night, will be interesting to see if he's involved in that to give him another taste of senior football and see how he copes at a more physical level.

I am less concerned about his size. In every age group he has been at he will have been comfortably the smallest

God I want this kid to get opportunities this year. Along with Greenwood for me he's the one that should really be looking to start to break through now.

Europa League group stage is where these kids need to be put in and given chances to show they're up to it.

Size wise I'm not worried if your technique is good being small can be an advantage if you use it to your advantage it's all about building your strength up without losing your speed Sterling is a great example of this.

The rules of the game protect the smaller players now so as long as you are sturdy enough to take the hits when they inevitably happen you'll be fine.

I hope he will get lots of minutes this year because on a technical ability level then he’s already above a lot of our squad players like Lingard, Pereira etc. I don’t think he will be a starter but I think he can really push for a first team place in the cup games. I am really excited for those Europa League games because I do think Ole will put a lot of trust in the young players.

EFL: Rotherham 0-2 Manchester Reserves - 6th August 2019

Reserves: Manchester United 2-2 West Ham United - 30th August 2019

Hopefully we will see him after the international break.

His contract is up this summer so it’s use him or lose him time as he won’t sign a new one unless he’s getting games.

Should be on the bench in the next game but to be fair to Ole he had both Greenwood & Chong on the bench this weekend.

You really can’t judge these kids in U23 games as they’re not competitive enough and the quality isn’t really there we need to start seeing these boys in the first team.

I thought he had a poor game overall against West Ham Reserves.

I thought he was good for 25 minutes or so but struggled a bit after that. Partly because he kept getting fouled. I am not suggesting he is the answer to all our problems but his goal against west ham is exactly what we need against teams that sit in

Did he do enough to displace Mata, Lingard or whoever from the team?

Did he do enough to displace Mata, Lingard or whoever from the team?

It's a tricky one I'd probably say no he didn't but then this wasn't him playing with the first team players.

Probably not done enough to start in the next 2 league games but done enough for me to get on the bench and I'd have no problem with him coming on. For me the sensible thing is he starts all the midweek games and benches on the weekends if we get games where we can give him some minutes in the league get him on.

Think my issue is I'd rather see us switch the midfield to a 3 to get Pogba further forward as the number 10's we have Lingard/Mata/Periera don't contribute enough to justify playing them. For me I'd be getting Fred or Matic in our league starting XI alongside McTominay and pushing Pogba on.

I actually think he probably has done enough, this is coupled with how rubbish Lingard and Mata have been and how much I do rate him! He took up so many good areas last night but the poor play of those around him meant these were wasted. I think if he plays with better players you will see a much better Gomes. Personally I don’t think he will start many if any premier league games in the near future but I do hope he gets some minutes at least.

I thought he did well. To me he sees what's around him early and appears to have time. I am not sure he is ready to be starting every week but he certainly needs more game time. Europa league will help that but I would like to see him get more premier league minutes too. He would have been perfect against crystal palace where it was all very congested and we needed a clever player to unlock the defence

I thought he did well. To me he sees what's around him early and appears to have time. I am not sure he is ready to be starting every week but he certainly needs more game time. Europa league will help that but I would like to see him get more premier league minutes too. He would have been perfect against crystal palace where it was all very congested and we needed a clever player to unlock the defence
He's better than anything else we have in the hole. Like you say he's aware of what's around him, he looks to create things and he always seems to have time.

Scored two goals against Italy U20s.

Really think he needs a season on loan in somewhere like Holland or Portugal where he can play a decent standard of football and get the experience he needs. Utd don’t seem to have these sort of link ups anymore though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back