English Cricket Summer 2019

Looks like this second test is going to end in a draw. We have got a few wickets this morning but then the rains came and the forecast looks a touch dodge for the weekend too!

Good to see Archer get his first test wicket though although I think he could have bowled a lot fuller foe the conditions but he’s going to be a star in all formats for us.

Yeah a result looks unlikely with 1.5 days pretty much washed out would need 2 clear days and one team to massively collapse to get a result here.... England have got to bat again :oops:

Big problems still there in the batting line up it's been poor for a while now but Burns got another good score which is promising.

Archer gives the bowling a different weapon something to really rough up and unsettle the opponents especially when it comes to just clearing up the tail of sides as they won't want.

Could we be in for something special today? Unlikely but there’s a chance. 165 ahead. 4 wickets remaining. 67 overs remaining. How long should be bat for before giving the bowlers a chance?

At what point do we say just smash it about and put runs on the board? Is these 2 get us up to 200 lead?

All momentum seems on our side since the Smith injury.

But with England we know we could lose the 6 wickets in 10 overs and Australia have 55 overs to get 170. Haha!

I think they’ll go hard to try and get 250 then try and skittle the Aussies in 50 overs.

Stokes just hit back to back 6s think it’s time to put the hammer down.

Yeah Stokes got a top top century!

So 266 off 48 overs - anything can happen really. If we get a few early ones, they don’t have Smith, it could be a superb end of the days. I have a feeling Archer is gonna come in absolutely steaming!

Stokes is the biggest of big game players. Couple of early wickets here and we’ve got a chance! Hopefully the rain holds off. Looking very gloomy where I am. But still looking blue there.

This is nasty bowling. Luckily Labuschagne is alright but sheesh imagine facing Archer? It’s enough to give you nightmares.

Looks like it’s going to be a draw but terrific entertainment. 20/20 is all good but Test cricket is still the absolute pinnacle.

Is this the advert for 4 day test matches?

Very few games go to day 5 anymore anyway would reducing it to 4 days encourage more situations like today where teams try and force a result.

Smith ruled out of the 3rd test.

Really need that top order to show up can we get a first inning lead and put pressure on the Aussies.

Big blow for the Aussies and we have to take advantage. We basically have to win all three tests because I can’t see one being a draw and an overall series draw is no good for us.

Looks like we will play the same side again, for me I would have pushed Denly to open and Roy into the middle order. That would look a lot more solid.

Think the draw only really comes in these days if there is bad weather the batting line ups on both sides aren't strong enough to last full 5 days without losing 20 wickets.

All the hard work done yesterday and we shook ourselves in the foot today. Currently 38/4 and the one to survive is Denly whose innings has been excruciating so far. We will struggle to get up to the Aussie total.

Our batting line especially the top order is shocking it needs to be changed for the next test regardless of what happens here.

Root needs to go back to 4 let your best player bat where he wants and scores the most runs.

Push Denly up the order to open with Burns in the hope that between them they can see off the new ball and I guess let Roy come in at 3 or drop him completely.

Yeah Root definitely to 4. That’s an absolute must.

I suspect it’ll be Denly to bite the bullet before Roy. He’ll probably move down to 4 and another opener coming in. We’ve never replaced Cook, Strauss, Trott or Pietersen and that’s why we are in this mess.

Yeah Root definitely to 4. That’s an absolute must.

I suspect it’ll be Denly to bite the bullet before Roy. He’ll probably move down to 4 and another opener coming in. We’ve never replaced Cook, Strauss, Trott or Pietersen and that’s why we are in this mess.

Well arguably Cook replaced Strauss despite there being a bit of an overlap and Root replaced Trott but yeah the batting is a mess at the moment even our normally reliably guys like Bairstow, Root & Ali have totally lost form with the bat.

We are a long way from the glory days where we were the number 1 side in the world for a period luckily for us we have a top fast bowler coming through just as we lose Anderson.

The Ashes isn’t quite gone yet. We need to perform exceptionally over the next 3 days but say we limit them to 350 lead. Having two and a half days to chase makes it not impossible.

If any 4 of our top 6 can suddenly remember they’re cricketers that is!

Stokes is easily my favourite player in this team on the field. He’s got a never day for attitude that the rest are missing.

England need to get through the new ball without losing a wicket to have a realistic chance of winning.

Stokes and Root have to take us through to lunch. If they do then we’re favourites. Morning session is crucial. We’ve got our two best batsman in and they’ll get the new ball 8 over in.

I think the game will be in the balance if Root and Stokes get to lunch. The run rate will be on slow side, with 50-70 runs added to the total meaning England will require another 130-150 runs. In that scenario I would prefer to be in Australia’s position.

Root went early so a massive blow that. I think we have about a 10% chance of winning, if that! Bairstow and Stokes probably need to bat 40 or so overs together I reckon for us to stand a chance. Getting this new ball will be crucial because we know once one wicket goes this team can collapse like a pack of cards.

Impressive from Bairstow. Turned the game on it’s head. Isn’t be accommodating to the bowlers and punishing them.

4/6 England 6/5 Australia

Lunch time. 1 wicket lost. 121 needed for the win. We’ve still got a chance!

These two need to get runs required to less than 50. I have little faith in the other batters.

Bairstow gone. Butler has to back Stokes up here now

That’s them favourites again

Buttler now gone. Stokes has to do it all himself I would say. Woakes can hang around but looking mightily tough now!

88 to win. I don’t think Archer will do much defending so think if he can have a dart and score 30/40 then who knows! Along way from home though!

Every run brings back that little more belief. 82 needed.

Another wicket. Thought Archer would have a dabble but one shot too many. Stokes needs to just play some shots and farm the strike - so tough.

We need circa Broad 2010 when he could actually bat and make big scores.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back