Sideshow Bob

200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png
V
220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

Monday, 19th August 2019
Premier League
Molineux
20:00 BST

Feels like this will be the real test of where we are compared to last time.

Played Wolves 3 times last season drew one and lost 2 and in all honesty we were the worst side in all 3 games.

Have the changes along with the pre season helped us improve enough to address these issues.

I’m guessing it’ll be the same team as Chelsea maybe Pereira dropping out but not sure who’d come in possibly Matic to try and beef up the midfield.

He trained yesterday probably being held back as he missed a lot of pre season.

Fitness seems to be a problem for him it's never a long one but always seems to go missing for few weeks with one injury or another.

To me he looks like the natural successor to Herrera in that midfield as he's an energetic ball winner who's got a bit of quality on the ball he just hadn't quite got the speed of the league and playing a little further forward might help him. A big problem last season was when he went deep teams would press him and he'd panic and make mistakes losing the ball in a dangerous area with a centre back who can bring the ball out now maybe he won't have to go so deep?

I think this game is a tougher game for us than the Chelsea game. And I also think it'll be a better yard stick to measure where this team is at. Do we go with the same line up? I hope not as I don't really want Pereira to play but then who else steps in?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hate Monday night games especially early in the season.

Not looking forward to this at all Wolves have had a few Europa League games as well so they're probably a bit more up to speed than us and they've basically got the same starting XI as last year with a few more weapons off the bench.

Honestly I'd take a draw might feel like a bit of a momentum killer but in isolation that's a good point but a win would be massive.

Anyone seen Charlie Nicholas' comments? Honestly what a load of rubbish. Maguire was average against Chelsea? Wasn't a leader? He has suspicions about the right and left back positions? Has he seen AWB play? The guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

I’ve got concerns about left back don’t have much faith in Shaw but the rest of it I’m not worried.

I see rent a gob Paul ince has been coming out with mad comments recently as well.

United: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, McTominay, Pogba, James, Lingard, Rashford, Martial.

Possibly, but think we’ll see 4-2-3-1. It’s a bold selection. Bench is uninspiring.

Been in complete control but we need an early in the second half because Wolves will have a spell when they are on top and have chances.

The ground is going to be rocking now, we need to be very careful to not let this go quickly.

Hit it pretty well and wasn’t one of those laboured run ups but the goalkeeper guessed right. Wasn’t a terrible penalty by any means.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back