Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindeloff agent says Barca are after him

Lindeloff agent says Barca are after him

£80m please.

I like Lindelöf but I don't think he's anything special but 2 years into his deal this smells of new contract please now I'm established as a first team player.

it's why I was really annoyed about Jones getting another new contract just cut your losses on him and move on
Absolutely spot on! It made no sense to give him a new contract. He doesn't cut the mustard here and hasn't for years. Get rid of the dead wood. I'd rather Tuanzebe given a chance.

Absolutely spot on! It made no sense to give him a new contract. He doesn't cut the mustard here and hasn't for years. Get rid of the dead wood. I'd rather Tuanzebe given a chance.

It's Glazernomics mate they didn't want to lose him for nothing when they can give him a new deal and hope someone buys him at some point.

Basically pay him another £5m for next season in the hope that next summer someone will give you £20m so in theory you make £15m.

If Jones left for nothing and we went into next season with Bailly, Lindelöf, Smalling, Rojo as our centre backs are we really any worse off? The guy is hardly ever fit so you can't pick him every week even though he's probably the second best centre back at the club.

But how can they expect to get that kind of money when he's not likely to play?

Didn't say it was a good plan but it's obviously the plan they're going with and the reality is he will probably play 20-25 games next season with Europe League if he stays reasonably fit.

The hope is you can attract those mid table clubs into buying him because he's English and that Jones is willing to go to these level clubs.

I think part of the problem is these players have no interest in stepping down a level to play every week they're happy being squad players at Utd.

Can't West Ham just buy them?If we start next season with Rojo Damian And Jones I'm deleting my SEA account I can't stick it!... Only joking I Love you all too much to Quit...

Can't West Ham just buy them?If we start next season with Rojo Damian And Jones I'm deleting my SEA account I can't stick it!... Only joking I Love you all too much to Quit...

Why would they want to buy players who are worse than the ones they already have? You can't even rely on West Ham to buy our players these days.

We used to be able to offload a load of our squad players to Everton & Sunderland god I miss those days.

Players just don't want to leave Utd way to many players happy taking their wages and not playing these sort of characters should never have even got through the door at Utd, way to many just happy to say they're man utd players not actually bothered about playing every week.

How Football has changed in the last 5 years we could buy most players we wanted in PL now it looks like anyone can get anyone and anyone can keep anyone.

The club could force a player like Jones out. Tell him he's not playing and he needs to find a club. Pay his wages off whatever. Just get them out.

The club could force a player like Jones out. Tell him he's not playing and he needs to find a club. Pay his wages off whatever. Just get them out.
Absolutely! I don't understand why that didn't happen and instead we signed him to an extension. Clueless!

You can’t force players out once you’ve give them the contract. It would cost us £24m to pay his contract off.

As above says we should never have give him a new deal. But we all knew that just the club that didn’t.

You can’t force players out once you’ve give them the contract. It would cost us £24m to pay his contract off.

As above says we should never have give him a new deal. But we all knew that just the club that didn’t.

Why was he? To recoup some kind of transfer fee? That's just ridiculous.

We had that chance don't give him a new contract his deal expired this summer but they signed him on for 3 more years.

Apparently Arsenal are interested in Bailly but can't afford our asking price I'd be selling him to 3 years of never ending injury problems make him someone else's problem.

I think they just gave Jones the contract because they had no idea what was going on at the time. Anyway, just because you make a mistake, doesn't mean it can't be fixed.

I'd be selling Jones, Rojo and possibly Smalling before Bailly.

Lindeloff, Maguire, Bailly and Tuanz would do me.

I'm sure the club would love to sell but you can only sell if people want to buy and it seems pretty obvious that these players either don't want to leave so won't entertain offers that come in or offers that do come are below what we value them at.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Who has reported that a fee has been agreed?

The sun.

Apparently 60m plus 20m of add ons.

Heading to Manchester tomorrow for a medical.

Apparently Leicester are signing Dunk from Brighton for 45m as a replacement... world has officially gone mad that makes Lewis Dunk one of the top 5 centre back transfers.

The mirror is where I saw it.
Come through as breaking news on my phone.

This guy appears to be reliable.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the first person I heard reporting this was Ian McGarry on the transfer window podcast on Friday.

This guy is a total BS merchant so reluctant to believe it just yet but most people are suggesting they expect this one to get done as talks are now happening it’s not just interest it’s negotiations and both parties are happy to get a deal done.

It's still very much gossip we've heard this before so don't get to excited about it but it feels like one that will happen eventually but I doubt a fee is agreed as it seems like talks have only just began as we saw with Wan Bissaka it can take a few days to agree everything then things move quite quickly.

Back line of Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - AWB

Could be a lot worse, just need the other positions sorting now, but I do think that Pogba and Lukaku will stay and that once Maguire is through the door, that will be us done for this transfer window.

Back line of Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - AWB

Could be a lot worse, just need the other positions sorting now, but I do think that Pogba and Lukaku will stay and that once Maguire is through the door, that will be us done for this transfer window.

What do you think about Luke Shaw?

I mean he's 24 now it's time for him to be in his prime there are no more excuses the injury is long in the past and last season he stayed fit pretty much through the season but by the end of the season you could see his legs were gone.

Personally I don't really think he's that good he's an alright player hardly outstanding if he doesn't kick on this season I think Utd might have to buy a better left back next summer. He's ok defensively and ok going forward I don't really see what his stand out quality is as a player.

What do you think about Luke Shaw?

I mean he's 24 now it's time for him to be in his prime there are no more excuses the injury is long in the past and last season he stayed fit pretty much through the season but by the end of the season you could see his legs were gone.

Personally I don't really think he's that good he's an alright player hardly outstanding if he doesn't kick on this season I think Utd might have to buy a better left back next summer. He's ok defensively and ok going forward I don't really see what his stand out quality is as a player.
Good point mate, if there were any doubts about the back line with the 4 that i mentioned it would be Luke Shaw, ive always liked him and think he is pretty solid, hasnt lived up to expectation as much as we thought but if he improves his fitness and kicks on this season then Im happy with the defence to be honest.

Aslong as Maguire is a United player come the start of the season haha

He played for Leicester last night so as I said people massively jumped the gun on this one.

'Maguire wants to follow in Rio footsteps'

Ok so appantly Maguire preferred Man City to Us, is he panicking now he knows Man City Arent that interested? And just wants out?

I hope not.

The story has always been City interested but basically they're waiting to see what Leicester accept from Utd before deciding if they go in for him, the players preference will always be City if it isn't we need to seriously question why he's coming here. City might be saying they're interested to just drive the price up for Utd my guess is they'd like Maguire to replace Kompany but I don't think they'd want to be spending north of 50m on him as he wouldn't be a nailed on starter and their relationship with Leicester isn't great after the Mahrez deal last summer.

Fact is if City go in against us now we are second favourite unless we offer a lot more money like we did with Sanchez and doing that is a mistake which has got us into this mess.

The other story going is that Utd have started looking at alternatives as Leicester want the full 80m guaranteed they are not interested in add ons or players as part of the deal and Utd feel that makes the deal to expensive.

Feels to me like this one is done but with transfers you never really know.

When you say done, in what way?

He'll be a Utd player by the end of the window.

I don't think City are prepared to pay anything near what we are I think they'd have only come in if Leicester accepted a low price.

Player is happy to come, Leicester I think are happy to sell they just need to be seen to be driving a hard bargain and I think Utd are happy to pay.

We are only away on tour 1 more week it might be that he doesn't actually join up with the team until they return to Europe for their friendlies in Norway and Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back