Rafael Benítez leaves Newcastle United

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I guess with the uncertainty still over the takeover he wasn't left with much choice as he's had promises broken from the current owner before in terms of investment.

Going to be interesting to see who they can get in if this takeover isn't completed soon because it's going to be very hard for the new guy to win the fans over.

Will not be missed. Hope he doesn't manage in the league again. Go to China and stay there.

He's a good manager but he's to involved in club politics and it always backfires on him eventually.

Does he go back if the takeover is completed before the deadline. He’s the man the Newcastle fans want. The love him up there.

Does he go back if the takeover is completed before the deadline. He’s the man the Newcastle fans want. The love him up there.

Guess it depends if the new owners want him.

There’s conflicting rumours about if this takeover stuff is even real and the story is the Shiek who’s interested wants to put Mourinho in charge other rumours are the guy made his statements as a PR thing as doesn’t really have the money or backing to buy the club.

Sounds like Rafa has a silly offer from China my guess is go away for a year and then see what jobs are there in a years time. At that point a job like Arsenal or Spurs might be available and he might be able to get back into the top 6 that way.

I don't like Rafa because of his Liverpool links, but he is a decent manager, surprised no one wants him, other than China. Unless he's just chasing the dollar. Chelsea should have gone for him again.

I think his playing style rules out the majority of the top clubs now the defensive tactics similar to Mourinho won't wash with the very top sides.

Don't think Chelsea could go for him again as the fans hate him and always will.

The only big job I could see him going to after China could be Atletico if Simeone moves on or Arsenal if Emery moves on or possibly moving into international football.

So they've asked Allardyce and are in talks with Bruce.

The fans are going to go nuts over this even if Bruce is a local they surely aren't going to be impressed with that sort of appointment.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back