England vs Czech Republic ~ Euro 2020 Qualifier

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
So the campaign for qualification starts tonight after the success of the nations league England walk into a group they will be expected to coast through and you'd expect Southgate will continue to integrate new players into the team after the world cup semi final. Injuries to some players has forced his hand a bit especially in the defence where he's without both first choice CBs.

This is the rumoured starting XI

Pickford

Walker Keane Maguire Chilwell

Henderson Dier Alli

Sancho Kane Sterling

Midfield could be better but we don't have a lot of options in this part of the pitch I guess all eyes will be on Sancho to show the sort of form he's showing for Dortmund in an England shirt.

I get behind them in tournamnets, but I just can't get excited about international matches. I wished it was a prem weekend.

I get behind them in tournamnets, but I just can't get excited about international matches. I wished it was a prem weekend.
I think of international breaks as a scouting exercise, Perfect example is Sancho, I dont get chance to watch him in the bundesliga much so we can enjoy watching a potential future red this evening

Think the qualification is just dull now because they've made the tournaments bigger it's pretty straight forward for the top sides to get through especially with the groups being seeded. You very rarely get yourself in a position where you think England might not make this one generally the qualifying has been a stroll in the park.

That nations league thing was actually quite good because it was a few competitive games against teams on your level rather than friendlies.

Surprised how poor Czech Republic are, obviously they’ve lost some top players over the years but beyond Schick they lack real quality.

Should be a comfortable second half for us.

Still thoroughly dislike Sterling but fair play, he’s definitely on form.

Why don’t you like him?

I know he played for Liverpool and now City but I really struggle to find a reason to dislike him.

He really is turning into a world class player.

As for the game England played some lovely stuff at time especially when Barkley came on for Dier.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back