Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRash

Not so much a rumour but definitely a guy I think we should be looking at in the summer. Obviously would cost super duper money but hey he’s been unreal for Dortmund and wouldn’t half annoy City fans.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Agents Rashford and Lingard are already on the case.

There's been talk over the weekend of bids of £100m.

Talent is unreal apparently city have a sell on clause in the deal that took him to Dortmund.

Would hope it's 3rd time lucky when it comes to signing Dortmund players because the other two have flopped.

He'd be a hell of a signing for us.

My only concern for him is the Bundesliga isn't as physical it's quick but you need to be stronger in the Premier League as the defenders are bigger, stronger and quicker

Seen some games of him for Dortmund and he looks like the real deal. Imagine a front line of Martial, Rashford and Sancho - that really does have everything and with Pogba supplying the ammunition.

It probably would take close to £90m and to be honest that would probably seal the deal although sure Dortmund wouldn’t go for anything less especially as they’ve lost Pulisic.

I have no doubts Sancho will probably end up back in the EPL, just hope it’s for us.

I did read the sell on clause to City goes up if we buy him. That might be BS. I think they get first refusal too.

The sell on clause going up if we buy was for Brahim Diaz wasn’t it and I believe FIFA aren’t happy about it.

When he moved it was said to be the first time a clause that was club specific was included and Sancho moved after Diaz.

EDIT: Before Diaz which was my point! Not all there on the train to work!

The sell on clause going up if we buy was for Brahim Diaz wasn’t it and I believe FIFA aren’t happy about it.

When he moved it was said to be the first time a clause that was club specific was included and Sancho moved after Diaz

Didnt Sancho move before Brahim Diaz ?

Yeah. That way my point. Diaz was the first deal of its kind. So Sancho won’t include the ‘United tax’ as it was branded. Just a numpty on my way in and typed it out wrong!

Think City have a sell on clause for Sancho but I don’t think it is specifically to United.

I think even the Diaz one wasn't that specific there was a set percentage then it went up if he was sold directly to another PL club and then it went up more if it was another PL club in the CL as they are direct rivals.

I think the reason they put the extra clauses in was because of Sancho apparently the deal for him is a flat percentage share of any profit they make when they sell him.

As for the fee my guess is Dortmund will want to massively cash in like they did with Dembele & Pulisic he's on a long contract and it seems like he's happy they may even be able to tie him down to a better deal if they say stay one more year and we will let you go possibly by inserting a buy out clause in the deal.

I don't think Utd can risk missing this one but I think the best thing for Sancho is to stay at least one more year in Germany don't rush back.

I agree, at this stage of his career, he's probably better off staying at Dortmund. Still very young and is playing regularly and playing well. Unless he wants to return to England then I can't see a reason for him to move.

I'd absolutely love him to come to us though, he'd add a proper right wing option but can also play on the other flank cutting in, can probably play centrally in future too. With the homegrown rules, and we don't know how Brexit will affect that, when there's top British talent on the market, we need to jump at the chance to sign them.

The big thing here is the fact that he is english and that is massive in this day and age, with the homegrown talent we already have in our setup he would be great to add as a major english talent.

Id say Sanchez and £30 million would be a fair swap for him ;)

Still got reservations about this one.

The boy obviously has some serious talent but the Bundesliga is a league where the standard has really started to dip so I think it's very hard to judge players from that league. It's a very young league in terms of players who play there so attacking players probably have it a bit easier as the defences are not as tough as they are here. I really think he needs to stay at least one more season just look at what happened to Dembele jumping to quickly has made his career stall.

Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Kieta, Aubameyang have all bossed that league looking like superstars and came here and ended up looking good but not great. I do wonder if there's a reason does the Bundesliga style not really merge with the PL style? I don't watch much German football but I get the impression everyone pretty much plays the same style in the PL you don't really get that there's a massive range of styles being played.

The only thing I will say is he clearly fits a problem position for us which is the right hand side of the attack as currently we don't have anyone who actually wants to play that position so he'd give us some balance to fit the 4-3-3 system we generally play.

My worry really is can he handle that transfer fee and the attention that would come him way it's not just coming back to England it's coming back to the other side of the City having left Man City because he wasn't getting the chances he wanted coming back to the red side of the City will bring a lot of baggage. Utd have to make sure he can handle that because if he's a £70m player at Utd you best believe every little mistake on and off the pitch will be headline news just like it is with Sterling.

Still got reservations about this one.

The boy obviously has some serious talent but the Bundesliga is a league where the standard has really started to dip so I think it's very hard to judge players from that league. It's a very young league in terms of players who play there so attacking players probably have it a bit easier as the defences are not as tough as they are here. I really think he needs to stay at least one more season just look at what happened to Dembele jumping to quickly has made his career stall.

Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Kieta, Aubameyang have all bossed that league looking like superstars and came here and ended up looking good but not great. I do wonder if there's a reason does the Bundesliga style not really merge with the PL style? I don't watch much German football but I get the impression everyone pretty much plays the same style in the PL you don't really get that there's a massive range of styles being played.

The only thing I will say is he clearly fits a problem position for us which is the right hand side of the attack as currently we don't have anyone who actually wants to play that position so he'd give us some balance to fit the 4-3-3 system we generally play.

My worry really is can he handle that transfer fee and the attention that would come him way it's not just coming back to England it's coming back to the other side of the City having left Man City because he wasn't getting the chances he wanted coming back to the red side of the City will bring a lot of baggage. Utd have to make sure he can handle that because if he's a £70m player at Utd you best believe every little mistake on and off the pitch will be headline news just like it is with Sterling.

I think your bang on with this, and it was my comments pretty much word for word regarding some of the players that have come to the Prem from Germany and been good but maybe not what was expected of them.

I think in the modern transfer market you are going to pay a huge premium for anyone believed to have the talent that this kid looks like he possesses, and there a massive weight on your shoulders when someone has paid all this money for you and everything you do will be watched and judged constantly.

For me, I would say lets go for it and pay the price as he will slot straight in on that right hand side, he's full of speed and ability to take it past players, also seems to be a good team player with the amount of assists he gets (in the german league i know) but still a good sign.

Would love to see him smash one in the top corner against City and hammer the celebrations :cool:

I just want Utd to make sure they've scouted this kid properly not just watched his highlight reel and thinking we need to get him because he's English etc.

Make sure they've done the homework on him not just as a player but as a person is he ready to go straight into the team.

The fact he was prepared to walk out on City and gamble on making it in Germany suggests he backs himself and he's not chasing the money my guess is the offer he had to stay at City was worth more than the offer he had from Dortmund.

God I would love it if we signed this kid. Imagine him with Martial and Rashford being supplied by Pogba and a new CM signing.

David Ornstein: It's 50/50 for Sancho to join United.

I know he’s considered a highly reliable source for Arsenal stuff has he got that reputation from Utd.

I still see this one as a massive massive gamble off the back of 1 season

I think if this deal had any chance before, then lack of champions league has made up the lads mind, unless he fancies the clubs biggest rebuild process of recent times.

or he could see it as a way in to a big club on a big wage. As JSP said, if next season is not as good......

And as everyone knows we have Mickey Mouse in charge of salaries and contract renewals !

I don't buy this CL argument with players we've signed Di Maria, Falcao, Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhitaryan in summers with no CL football.

Utd will always attract players because we pay big salaries now that we are in that model there's no way out of it the genie can't be put back in the bottle.

The sell to Sancho has to be the same as any player this is a full rebuild and we see you as an important part of our system and the aim is to catch up and overtake City within the next 3 seasons. It is going to take that long to sort out.

My main issue with Sancho is we've seen so many players look like superstars in Germany then struggle in the PL where the defenders are better and a lot of teams play a deep counter attack style rather than an open end to end style. Be interested to see how he performs in the nations league this summer with England.

To me he fits in almost perfectly to where we need a player but I think this team needs experience if we are signing 4 or 5 players I've got no problem with 2 or 3 being young players but 2 need to be players who demonstrate leadership qualities who can lead this new group.

Can't see Sancho coming here. The likes of Liverpool will surely be interested? And they are in a much much better position than we are. I'd love him to come but I can't see it.

the only plus we have, is he gets on well with Rashford and Lingard

Surely if you buy him you play him where he’s made his name on the right?

Utd need to have options but I wonder if a few recent discipline issues might make them think twice before they move but all kids make mistakes it’s how you react to them that really counts he seems to have accepted it and moved on.

Dortmund are going to want a huge fee but he looks a serious talent.

They won't get Sancho, no way. Why would he come to us when there will be a clamour to sign him? City might if they lose Sane or Sterling.

Can’t see him going back to City. Maybe he thinks he’s got unfinished business there but also think he’d like to continue to prove them wrong.

I don't think he's particularly bitter towards City never really heard him speak out they might be a bit bitter towards him.

City probably will need a new wide player they're probably losing Sane in the summer, Mahrez hasn't set the world alight looks more like a squad player than a starter and I think Bernardo will want to move more central when David Silva leaves this summer so they might end up going in to the market.

I'm not sure if Sancho has yet done enough at Dortmund to convince the very best to play over £100m for him think the way Dembele has gone at Barca will cast doubt amongst a few for the price Dortmund will demand you want a player who you know will be 8 out of 10 in nearly every game.

But there is a growing fear amongst top clubs of missing out on players because they know it's £100m this time but next time it's £150m etc etc.

We are quite frankly deluded to think that we are leading the race to sign Sancho, what reason would he come to United over lets say Liverpool ? one of the best managers in the world, will be challenging for the prem every season, challenging for the CL, and we arent any of that - were a long way from it.
Would be great if he did come to us but its never going to happen im sorry.

I remember that being said about Harry Maguire last summer.

There is a big pull at being a part of the team that puts United at the top again. He’s probably in the last generation that will remember us dominating. After that we could quickly fall out of the pecking order of clubs players want to come to.

Pretty sure he was a boyhood Utd fan not that this makes much of a difference as so was Raheem Sterling for example.

The difference however is money and opportunity this is what Utd can offer.

Utd will blow other clubs out the water with the wages, we can also afford the transfer fee and if you come to Utd you don't need to worry about starting games you'll be straight in the team his problem with going to Liverpool is Mo Salah currently plays his position so it'll be much harder for him to break in.

Also, if Utd stick the number 7 on his back his attraction to his other sponsors more than doubles you go from being Jadon Sancho that guy who football fans know to Jadon Sancho A list celebrity.

I think the move makes a lot of sense and if Utd remain struggling he can just leave in 2 or 3 years.

My issue/concern with Sancho is I don't think he's finished product yet there's still development to be done if our front 3 needs anything it needs someone who right now is top of his game and ready to go. My worry is buying 19/20 year olds is can they handle the pressure because you are expected to deliver like a 23/24 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back