Matteo Darmian to Juventus?

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is a tricky one I think. Don't get me I don't think his a man united player by any step. But his versatile and his willingness to play anywhere across that back four means a lot. When you are trying to build a strong squad you need someone like him.

He wouldn't be top of my list of outs by any stretch. But he would eventually appear on it. So long term no, but short term I think you've got to keep him. 20 million is 20 million i know but we don't need the money bad enough to sell him now.

Juventus will probably try and sign him for about £5m as they're obviously looking for a replacement for Dani Alves who appears to be on the move and being Juventus they'll be looking for someone cheap but they've always had an interest in him.

I think we'd be silly to let him go unless the player says he wants to go back to Italy as he's not happy with a squad role but this guy is a brilliant backup player in our squad as he covers both left and right back to a reasonably good level and if anything he's perfectly suited for Mourinho in big games where he likes his full backs to be disciplined defensively.

Yeah it would be silly to let him go. He's not my favourite player but no doubting he's got a good defensive game. At times he's non existent going forward but like you jsp, in the big games Mourinho will want to have someone as dependable as him.

I think he gives the balance Mourinho never lets both his full backs go forward it's not how his teams play so he'll always want a Darmian on one side depending on if we play Valencia or Shaw it fees like we will only see those two together on rare occasions where he feels he can expose his defence more. He's a lot better going forward when he plays on the right but when he plays on the left it's tough for him as it puts him on his weaker foot when he overlaps. I actually think this lack of an overlapping full back is what hurt Martial a lot this season his better games seemed to come when we had someone going outside him to help open up space.

Every bloody transfer window I wonder if this will finally be the one where he goes.

This just needs to happen, I actually do like Darmain, he's a proper Italian Defender in terms of defence is more important as attack. But he's been here for 3/4yrs now and still hasn’t made the RB position his own so time to let him go

I'm just not buying it if the deal was on it would have happened by now my guess is if Juventus want him it's as a cheap replacement for someone they want to move out. He's quite a versatile player so to a team like them he has value but I just never buy this link as it never seems to materialise into anything.

Every window it'll be Roma next it's just Serie A roulette linking him with moves back to Italy it's clear he's on a lot of teams lists but he's not the first choice pick.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back