Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

I think Verratti is yesterdays solution to todays problem and really the solution currently should be working with Fred to be the player we want him to be right now quality wise I think Central Midfield is ok.

The defence really needs the focus right now and this manager or the next one need to work out a way of getting a tune out of that midfield and attack the money needs pumping into that defence.

it's catch 22. the defence struggles not just because they are low quality, but the midfield is not good enough to protect them.

You couldn't get a much more defensive midfield than the one we played against city. We need to have much more possession of the ball and attack with speed and flair. We protect the defence by having the ball.

it's catch 22. the defence struggles not just because they are low quality, but the midfield is not good enough to protect them.

It's almost impossible to tell the tactics we play most of the time in theory protect the defence we don't have two full backs who bomb forward all the time, we normally have 2 more defensive minded midfielders in our 3 man midfield and our wide players are asked to do a lot of tracking back often against their will.

I'm just tired of making excuses for them to be honest they make a lot of individual errors that cost us goals and there's not really any of them that you can rely on.

The whole squad is creaking but I think midfield is the one area that's had serious investment in it under Jose yes it needs more but really we have enough there right now. The money has got to go on sorting the defence out so it doesn't need protecting or on sorting out the attacking areas so we have a functioning front 3 which probably means buying a striker and a right sided player who are better than what we have.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back