Fulham replace Jokanovic with Ranieri

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Fulham sack Slavisa Jokanovic and appoint Claudio Ranieri

Not sure it is a risk free solution his success at Leicester is legendary but his spell between Chelsea and Leicester was a real mixed bag.

It's going to be tough for him because that Fulham defence was bad in the Championship and it hasn't really been improved massively in the summer there's goals in the team but even they've dried up, for example they have now scored the same number as Cardiff.

They are scoring at less than 1 goal per game and conceding at a rate of more than 2 per game that is not sustainable and it felt like Jokanovic had run out of ideas he's tried everything and nothing was working which is the behaviour of a manager who can't spot the problem because he's not tried the same thing twice to see if it improves.

Jokanovic came up with a good reputation but it’s been hit a bit now, I think going forward they are okay but their defence is the stuff of nightmares. Ranieri being Italian will work on that defence and it’s probably a good appointment for the right now.

Has anyone seen much of Fulham? Haven’t heard many good things about Sessegnon so far?

Sessegnon hasn’t had much impact at all. He’s had numerous good chances he’s missed. Started at LB but been moved further forward. Though found himself benched a few times and isn’t making an impact when coming on. It’s Mitrovic or nothing for them at the moment going forward.

Sessegnon struggled with the step up but he made his big impact playing in a front 3 but at the start of the season he moved back into the defence as I think the regular left back was injured he's now moved back into that attacking role but he is finding it harder as Fulham aren't dominating games in the way they did in the Championship.

I think Jokanovic reputation is still intact to some extent he's got 2 teams promoted from the Championship but Fulham were not well prepared and the signings in the summer were not well planned. They basically strengthened the strength and didn't sort out the weakness. Might be wrong but they signed 2 keepers and are still playing the keeper that played last season who by all accounts was doing alright so it just seemed like they chucked money around getting in as many experienced players as they could.

Think they've just signed to many players and integrating them has been a problem.

To be honest they are doomed so not sure why they have done this. I guess they could be thinking of next year in the Championship and they don’t believe that Ranieri is up to the task of getting them promoted.

I did actually have some good hope for Fulham this season, Sessegnon came up with a huge reputation, they had good signings in Seri and Schurrle but their defence has been shocking.

Makes sense to me quite clearly hadn't worked and they were going nowhere fast he didn't fit that group of players as the defenders are so bad.

I think they changed to much in the summer the things that got them promoted was gone because players from the promotion team were replaced by new signings who were just coming for the money.

Bit like Utd the defence is bad so playing in a way where you have to do a lot of defending makes little to no sense they had to change Jokanovic but I think they went to negative with Ranieri.

I just hope they have a bit of a spark and cause an upset in the derby this weekend.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back