Status
Not open for further replies.
Martial was already upset he wanted out the previous summer and while he started the season well I still don't think he was happy rotating with Rashford and he just seems like the sort of lad currently who has a sulk rather than knuckle down to prove the manager wrong but sometimes that is what you get with youth.

Sanchez hasn't solved our problem but I don't think he's made it worse.

I still think questions have to be asked about the signing as Utd last season were screaming out for a right sided player we basically swapped the guy who could play that role Mkhitaryan for another guy who plays on the other side in Sanchez. Now Mkhitaryan needed to go he just didn't fit in with the style and again lets look at that signing what was the plan for him because Utd's front 3 was almost the complete opposite of what he had at Dortmund.

Sanchez currently seems to be falling into that bracket of good player but wrong club which is the problem that's dogged us for years now and there's time for that to be proven wrong but he's quickly falling into the Di Maria, Depay, Mkhitaryan, Schweinstieger category for me. It's not through lack of trying he just doesn't seem to fit the plan and you wonder if he was just signed because the club needed a big name with Zlatan out the door.

One thing that I think will help Sanchez is Luke Shaw having that overlapping full back outside helps massively if you are a wide player who wants to come inside because it forces the full back to make decisions if there's no one over lapping he knows you are coming inside. If Shaw is going down his outside then the full back can't ignore that.

I’m the games against City And Tottenham he was instrumental. If Martial is stropping because of Sanchez coming in he doesn’t belong at a top club. Competition happens. Did Scholes or Keane strop when Veron came in.

Martial started stropping when zlatan took his number

To me he IS part of the problem. We are carrying him every game and he just doesn't get dropped. Someone tell me what he's done for us since he arrived apart from upsetting Martial.

I also proved he’s been more influential than everyone of our attacking midfielders. Judge them on what they do and not what you think they’re capable of and you’ll realise we aren’t carrying him we’re carrying Lingard and Martial and Rashford don’t deserve a place.

Martial started stropping when zlatan took his number

Martials dip last season started at the end of October a full 3 months before we signed Sanchez. People just ignore facts.

If Alexis was the problem we wouldn’t have won every game he started and lost every game he hasn’t. It just fails he logic.

This is a very simplistic way of analysing 5 games given the 2 games we lost were down to us defending like complete idiots.

I agree it’s a simplistic way of looking at it but would you not agree if he was the problem we wouldn’t have a 100% win ratio with him in the starting 11 even though we only have 60% win ratio?

There is also a bit of people expecting superhuman performances week in week out, he is probably one of our best performers looking at those stats, which is why he plays.

Have I said he's the problem? My issue isn't that he's losing us games I'm just not convinced he's doing enough to help us win them based on the time he's been at the club he's had 2 memorable games and I don't think he was MOTM in either of those games.

As for him being super human he comes with that reputation and his pay packet reflects that. He is expected to be making big contributions he might not have signed for £80m but he's expected to contribute what we expect from Pogba or Lukaku who despite criticism have offered way more than him in my opinion in their time at the club.

Not writing him off but we need him to start delivering and being the difference in games.

He is supposed to be our elite attacker who contributes massively to the creative and scoring aspects of the game but so far it looks lioke we wouldn't lose much attacking impetus if we had Young playing LW. Seems like he has lost a bit of pace and agility so he is having struggles beating his man or creating space for a shot, he has to use his brain to adjust his game.

Martial did a lot more than Sanchez has in previous games and Martial looked rusty and achieved this. I'm sick of hearing people say Sanchez works hard. All he does is run around like a headless chicken getting in other peoples way. For me he needs to be played centrally, but we don't cater for that with the system we are now playing so as far as I'm concerned keep him on the bench and Martial out on the left and give him a good run of games.

No doubt Sanchez will be back in the team this weekend though.

I don't get the Martial done more than Sanchez. He picked up a goal towards the end which wasn't going in without the deflection. I knew somebody would say it though. Martial was far from good last night and the fact you say 'he looks a little rusty' shows that. You give Sanchez no benefit of the doubt even though ones been injured the other was just skipping work.

For the record he lost the ball 7 times yesterday not including misplaced passes. That's a shocking statistic. If we're saying that's a decent performance from Martial it shows why he's not in the starting 11 on a regular basis. His baseline expectation is obviously too low.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers - 22nd September 2018

He has gone 831 minutes without scoring a Premier League.

He was really poor again. Tbh I would be happy enough getting rid of him, martial and Mata and getting a right and left flank player

He's had more than enough game time now. Time for others to play there.

He's had more than enough game time now. Time for others to play there.

Yeah I feel like he's playing because of what we are paying him. He's certainly not warranting his place. And in fact... I'd like to see some of the youngsters given a try out wide.

Yeah he’s looking like he will join the club of bad signings post Fergie don’t think it’s a lack of effort he just isnt the player he was in his prime looks like his burst of speed has gone.

Still time for him to prove us all wrong but he looks the same as he did last season just not effecting the game.

Thing is... We've paid him top top money and he's never actually been a top top player. In his prime he was very very good but I don't even think he's ever been a second tier player.

The money fascnination with Sanchez really is bizarre its like people totally forget we didn’t pay a realistic transfer fee for him and his wages are offset like that.

I also feel there again is a lot of hyperbole going on surrounding his performance again yesterday. Did I miss our attacking levels suddenly improve when he went off because I don’t remember us creating a single chance after his departure. Maybe he shouldn’t be on the pitch but someone has to force him off of it. Mata and Martial gave the ball away more than they completed passes and Martial highlighted why he don’t get played in the space of 2 mins yesterday. Gave the ball away on the left wing jogged back to the halfway line and then gave up. Then gave the ball away centrally leaving a 3 on 2 situation and didn’t make any effort to try and get back just stood there. Mourinho isn’t going to accept that attitude. Rooney Sanchez Lukaku and even Rashford are the sort of players that would have hit full sprint mode in an effort to recover their mistake.

To say he has lost it may be fair. To say he never had it is rewritIng history.

Thing is... We've paid him top top money and he's never actually been a top top player. In his prime he was very very good but I don't even think he's ever been a second tier player.

I think in his first 3 seasons with Arsenal he was as good as anything out there below Messi/Ronaldo he was a world class player. His final season at Arsenal it appeared he didn’t look interested after that move to city fell through on deadline day but still managed 8 goals in 22 games. He’s just never looked like that player at Utd get the odd moment of quality like a few crosses but he just never looks like scoring he’s not getting anywhere near the number of shots on goal he did at Arsenal.

Now there is a style issue Arsenal especially at home often camped in the opposition half for the entire game and Sanchez would get lots of the ball around the box it’s not like that at Utd.

We almost want him to play like he did at Udinese as a lethal counter attack player but he’s not been that guy for 5-6 years now he’s been at 2 clubs who at their best dominate the ball and camp in the opposition half.

I think we’ve signed a dud he’s either finished or he doesn’t fit this club and given the money he’s on he’s going nowhere anytime soon unless he fancies China.

Also yesterday did at one point we play Mata down the Left Martial down the right of was I imagining that crazy tactic?

Makes no odds how much cash a week he is on, he's adding nothing and hasn't really since he joined

The money he is on is an issue in that we won't be able to sell him on. Personally I would be quite happy to move him on, along with martial, Mata and Herrera and bring in both a left and right flank player.

Rooney's salary was often used as a stick to beat him by some fans after a poor performance. He at least earned his money through past achievements. In Rooney's final season he still managed 7 goals and 8 assists in 19 starts and 13 sub appearances.

A part of the reason Rooney’s salary was used is because of the way he went about getting that wage and the fact at the time he was on double what anyone else in the squad was on.

Let's put the Sanchez debate to bed:

Fact: Since Sanchez scored the first of his paltry three goals for United, Mohamed Salah has plundered 23 goals for Liverpool, Sadio Mane 15, Eden Hazard has 10 goals for Chelsea.

Chris Smalling has scored three times since Sanchez last found the net in the Premier League.

• 17 apps
• 1381 minutes played
• 2 goals scored
• 4 assists

Hmmmmm

In that time Sanchez has created 11 big chances that haven’t been converted more than anyone else in the league

I don't think we need stats to end the debate we all watch the games and despite creating some big chances he's just not a goal threat which is what we signed him to be he isn't looking like the player he was at Arsenal and that is a problem.

Seems the attention is starting to move from Pogba towards him I don't really see the point in singling out individuals for all our problems when the team is so dysfunctional. Sanchez has been crap since he came in but so has almost everyone else and we were hardly firing when he arrived.

At this stage you can just live in hope that at some point he clicks back into gear and we get something like the player he was in his prime at Arsenal otherwise the club face a difficult job of moving him on at some point in the future as that contract will be a big problem for them.

So I've just seen this and I find it rather interesting...

2tGAKYx.jpg

This was used on sky sports in a article or interview or whatever used by Merson about how Sanchez doesn't fit at United etc. I'll be honest... Other than goals his stats don't look that different. He has more assists here, isn't far off chances created and has played a game and a half less in terms of minutes. Plus has lost possession less.

My point being... He's just not an elite player.

Worth noting this is comparing his worst period at Arsenal to his spell at Utd.

We didn't sign him based on what he was doing at Arsenal last season it was the 3 years before that where he made his name and my guess is if you compare stats from those seasons it makes horrendous reading.

He is done at the level we aspire to be and frankly speaking the club deserves it for simply seeking a silver bullet that will solve our attacking issues when its clear that its a coaching issue. Our wide players start off too deep because our manager would rather not concede than look to score, the manager we have has completely shut out the door for young players with imagination who could give us balance and space for the likes of Sanchez and Lukaku by occupying defenders on one wing, we have issues playing out from the back but we have just loaned out a young defender with potential who is good on the ball and better in the air than Lindelof so that we can play Jones and Lindelof! The team is dysfunctional because the manager lacks imagination and doesn't want to invest game time in young players that could provide us with solutions. If Sanchez, Martial, Mata or Rashford didn't have to babysit their fullbacks and started higher on the pitch Lukaku wouldn't be isolated and would have someone to combine with up top, our right side is devoid of anyone useful why not invest game time on a kid with potential like Chong or Gomez? Before we gut out the team we have assembled at a huge cost lets get rid of this manager who isn't a Manchester United manager and look to bring in a DoF that helps us identify the manager who can win the Manchester United way. Ask yourself, if we had the class of 92 right now, in our reserves, would this manager see them and give them the platform?

Champions League: Manchester United 0-0 Valencia - 2nd October 2018

I had hoped that he would have put in a semi-decent performance in front of Beckham...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back