Bailly/Ozil January swap?

IDFD

Rumours of a Bailly/Ozil January swap. Personally this would be absolutely mental. Firstly Özil is who likes to play centrally or from the left not the right. Secondly we need CB’s. I can see the logic behind we’re losing Mata a player of similar ilk and we all know Mourinho highly rates Özil. But surely not? We need someone to come in down the right if we’re making an attacking transfer and we need Jones/Rojo/Smalling (listen to my reasoning) to go if we’re selling as we know the ceiling of these players. We don’t know yet what Bailly could achieve as he improves those 3 aren’t going to. If this were Tom happen I’d say we aren’t allowed to sell Jones/Smalling because of the HG limit.

I don't see the point in Ozil, but I can see the point in losing Bailly. Shame we cant do an Alderwerield swap.

I can see us maybe selling Bailly because it fees like Jose doesn't fully trust him and he's into the last 2 years of his deal plus he has a lot of injury issues but swapping for Ozil would be nuts for a whole host of reasons.

1) he's a player in decline
2) he's just signed a massive contract
3) we don't play a formation that has a position for him.

I think people read to much into the Mourinho rating Ozil stuff he rated him when he worked with him at Madrid 5 years ago but I don't imagine he likes what he's seen since he moved to Arsenal.

I can't believe they gave him the contract they did I love watching Ozil when he's on it he's a pleasure to watch glides across the pitch and his touch is unreal but I think the game might have left him behind at a bit at the very top level. He was available for nothing this summer and I don't think he had a single offer from a big club which is why he's stayed at Arsenal because you can't really fit a player like him in the team anymore.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back