Pogba to leave?

It sort of worries me if he is being touted around. He is still our most creative players. If it turns out to be a late transfer it wouldn't give us much time to replace him.

I don’t read to much into it his agent is always trying to find out who’s interested in his players as big moves means big bucks for him but if his player says he’s happy where he is then he won’t force them into moves, that’s why they love him so much as he looks after them but allows them to make the decisions. This is why Fergie apparently was reluctant to deal with him as he felt he needlessly unsettled players which created problems he’d have to deal with.

Would be crazy to let him go and we need players to take the pressure off him at times with other players stepping up to be match winners rather than just relying on Pogba. On the flip side him keeping a bit of a lower profile might help but I don’t see that happening as that’s the way he is and I don’t really see why it bothers people that he has mad hair or likes dancing around he’s not hurting anyone with it.

Mourinho wants him to drop his agent so that's why his agent is being arsey. Fergie always said he was a wrong un. I think Mourinho will go before Pogba. Club wouldn't allow it.

I know people are blowing his trumpet at the moment, but I thought he was poor in the final, bad discipline, sometime he was further forward than Griezmann and Mbappe.

He's got to learn to defend.

I can see him being sold for the right offer. But probably next season.

He was awarded man of the match by FIFA and by a lot of pundits he had a bit of a slow start but he really grew into the game I though and that period where France basically won the match he was dominating, he even improved after Kante went off.

He has the freedom to go forward the system allows for that because Kante doesn't really go forward so does the defensive work.

I think the stats back up his creative talent yes he's a bit of a defensive liability but it's all about the pay off at the other end of the pitch his role in the 3rd goal was just incredible the ball to release Mbappe then the athletic ability to get 60 yards up the pitch in under 10 seconds to be waiting on the edge of the box for the goal.

Wow, I'm surprised he won man of teh match, I could pick 3 or players above him.

I'm not saying he's not a good player, he's just not complete, He could be as good as Moric if he wanted to be, but he is obsessed with being in the final 3rd

Monday’s edition of Sport reports Pogba wants a change of scenery, wishes to leave Jose Mourinho behind, and would like to wear the Barca shirt.
It’s stated Raiola ‘doesn’t give up’ and has held a meeting with Eric Abidal, Barca’s new technical director, but it’s reported the club aren’t interested. Barca look for a player ‘much more talented on the ball than the Manchester United player’.

Undeterred, Raiola is said to have made it clear that if Barca offer €150m then signing Pogba won’t be so difficult.

Pogba was absolutely class but we all know he's got that performance in his locker. The problem is we need to see it 30 times a season. Not 10.

Pogba was absolutely class but we all know he's got that performance in his locker. The problem is we need to see it 30 times a season. Not 10.

So you want him to be man of the match in approx 1/2 the games we play next season?

Yeah Pogba can be better next season no doubt about that and be more consistent that he has been in his first 2 seasons but other guys need to step up when he's having an off day and be the difference.

If you expect Pogba to be the one man show and play like that every week then you're expectations are totally unrealstic if we can get the player we had in the first 2 months and last 2 months of last season for a whole season next year that woud make a massive difference.

I keep seeing multiple articles on Pogba wanting a Juve move, going to Juve etc.

Now I am not saying it's not true but I thought he had resolved his Jose issues.

Not only that, how are Juve going to afford his fee and more importantly wages with Ronaldo sucking all their money away. Didn't the factory nearly on strike over the Ronaldo deal?

It's just his agents putting out feelers I don't think things are as bad as people made out and by the end of the season it looked like they were all talking again.

If his agent has an interested party he can either sell the idea to Pogba of a move or he can try and squeeze Utd for a new contract because since Pogba joined Utd the bar for the top earners has moved against he's a fair bit below what Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc are earning.

Very reliable source

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don’t think Palmeri is that reliable in truth, he posts a lot of rubbish. Obviously he can get things right but I wouldn’t believe much he writes about.

As for the rumour, I can believe Pogba is a little disillusioned here, he clearly doesn’t particularly like Jose but Juventus surely can’t afford to spend another £100m unless they sell big style.

It wouldn't be £100m the way the market has moved since Pogba left it's £150m just to get us to pick up the phone.

Any journalist who makes his living on transfer speculation is a chancer they've fed bits of information and have no idea if it is or isn't true the best they can do is try to get a second source to verify it.

If Pogba was going anywhere the club would've had it sorted before the world cup so they could secure a replacement.

Yeah I should have added the plus sign after the £100m.

Palmeri is on the same level as Balague, both freelance who make out they are in the know but in truth they hardly know anything for sure.

Anyway like you say Pogba isn’t going anywhere.

How could Juventus afford Pogba? They had riots and strikes at Fiat after signing Ronaldo.

How could Juventus afford Pogba? They had riots and strikes at Fiat after signing Ronaldo.

Well they cold offer players as part of a deal like Sandro, Higuain or Dybala etc to help reduce the fee but I think it's pie in the sky stuff.

Pogba might want to go back but he knows he's stuck at Utd for the time being so I'm sure he'll try to make the most of it and the way Mourinho's started pre season he might be gone by Xmas which might cheer him up.

I don't think Pogba will want to go. He'll want to prove he can cut it in England. Running away twice would look badly on him and the end of his career.

But IF they were prepared to throw Dybala in my ears are engaged in conversation.

I don't think Pogba will want to go. He'll want to prove he can cut it in England. Running away twice would look badly on him and the end of his career.

But IF they were prepared to throw Dybala in my ears are engaged in conversation.

He didn't run away first time he wasn't getting the chances he wanted so he left to another massive club and pretty much walked straight into their first team and helped them win league title after league title.

I don't think it would be running away he's just won the world cup he's got nothing to prove top players don't need to prove themselves in England.

of course he's got things to prove, Ronaldo is doing that by trying again in another league.

My point was you don't need to prove yourself in England to go down in history as a great player in fact arguably only Ronaldo of the modern greats has played in the PL very few others have.

Pogba to go down as a great will need to win a European Cup & Ballon D'Or etc but he's already got multiple league titles under his belt and a World Cup by his mid 20's so he's not doing bad.

If he left now and went to Spain people would quickly forget his time at Utd.

I hope he doesn't leave and he proves everyone wrong but it seems obvious that his agent is sounding out potential moves which he seems to have been doing since January which either means Pogba has said he fancies something different or he's trying to push Utd into a corner for a new contract.

The only 2 reliable sources at the moment are anyone to do with Di Marzio and Duncan Castles.

They don’t need to prove themselves in England to be top players but it would definitely be considered that he couldn’t cut it here twice

Why Thursday? I though Europen teams can buy from us until end of the month?
Do youean for us to get a replacement?

The papers say 100m from Barca which of course is no where near enough.

It could just be pay rise tactic

Why Thursday? I though Europen teams can buy from us until end of the month?
Do youean for us to get a replacement?

Yeah Utd can’t sell Pogba without getting a replacement in so if we don’t sign another centre mid to replace him before then there can’t be a sale. I mean all the links to that Savic from Lazio has been dead for months so got to assume that was never really a starter but if Pogba was to leave he’s the obvious like for like replacement from what I hear.

I think his agent just likes to know what offers he can get for his players he’s always trying to find out what someone will pay for his client and who wants him because that information is useful for him but also his client his job is to look after his player. He knows off the back of a great World Cup he can either get his guy a big move or an improved deal but I believe Pogba signed a 5 possibly 6 year contract so Utd are under no pressure to renew his deal.

I can’t see Pogba going anywhere. He’s done nothing to warrant a £150m move and there’s is no way we let him go for less.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They can go away unless they make a bid worth £150m

If true (very doubtful) then what a ridiculous offer. £44m plus two rejects, yeah because that’s going to be accepted.

£100m plus Dembele then I would close to being on board.

Laughable offer if true. I wouldn't sell him anyway but that's not nearly tempting. It would have to be a ridiculous offer for it to be accepted. Andre Gomes is worthless to us with our midfield options.

Pathetic offer. I like the idea of cash plus players at this late stage but not rejects. Needs to be very very good players involved.

How many times do you reckon Barca have offered Andre Gomes as part of a deal for a player? Feels like they've been trying to flog him from the moment he arrived.

I think this late in the day it's stupid money time so it's £150m plus as whoever we went for now as a replacement would cost us a fortune.

That offer is the kind of thing you cobble together on football manager just to see if it ever gets accepted.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back