Unfortunately I think he's going to be sold. And in fact I think we need to either absolutely shut this down or we need to do a deal asap because this is a huge summer for us. We need to make all the right moves and it was already believed we were after 4 players... Well this would make 5 as GK wasn't apparently on that list! And what we don't want to do is miss out on others because we've tried and failed to keep hold of Dave.

If he is going we need the deal for his replacement agreed before he goes because as soon at the DDG fee gets released the price for every keeper will go up.

It needs resolving before the end of July we can't risk starting the season with this cloud still lingering the good news is contractually we're not being forced into any sort of sale and it doesn't sound like there are any release clauses involved. De Gea doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who'd sulk and down tools if he doesn't get what he wants.

I tend to agree that once Madrid decide they want something 9/10 times they get it the 1/10 times they don't is when the fax machine breaks down. Ha Ha!

Very sceptical about this £60m stuff. I'd be very surprised if Real Madrid were willing to pay that sort of fee for a keeper no matter how good he is. That and none of the Spanish media are talking about it and any near future reports from them is likely to be just relaying Sky Sports.

Here we go.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sky sports has become absolutely unreliable. They are no better than the sun or the daily star in my opinion. This bid three days before a champions league final is bollox.

Lots of reports saying this bid is B.S. and I tend to agree. I can't believe they would risk upsetting their current keeper a few days before the C.L. final. Surely they would start conducting business after their season has finished?

What do you expect from Sky they're basically trying to attract you to watch their rolling news network so they can boost ratings which helps generate ad revenue.

In terms of their sourcing of stories it's basically someone on twitter or a journalist says something and they don't credit it they just pass it off as their own information.

If you believe in clubs using the media you might think that Utd have leaked a story saying they've rejected £60m as a message to Madrid.

Thing with Madrid is they've almost built the perfect football team the only weak spot right now where they could improve is the keeper and to be honest they've probably got a 7/10 standard keeper but at Madrid they want at least an 8/10 in every position. Obviously De Gea is better than that but it's kind of the one area where they could improve it's very hard for them to improve the defence, midfield or attack as they've already got some of if not the best players in the world in those positions.

I think the way Madrid see it is they'd like to have De Gea but they aren't desperate to have him, the only way they'd become desperate would be if for some reason Barca entered the running as well but that is highly unlikely.

United want £66m or £23m plus Morata, according to Duncan Castles in The Times.

I'm sure we'd tell him exactly what we want haha.

If he is going I hope we bleed them dry.

I'd be pretty happy getting Moratta as part of the deal but I never read to much into player trade deals as they very rarely happen.

I still think the price tag will scare them off but the positive is everything from the players camp suggests he's happy to stay but if the club accept an offer from Madrid he will go, he isn't going to force it through.

Castles also tweeted that the price was set to try and put Madrid off the idea of coming for De Gea.

Talk of Madrid again today, it's crunch time for him really, new contract or move.

I'm not so sure on that one Utd have a bottomless pit of money we could potentially just run him down to 2020 and let him go for free if we really wanted to.

It also depends on who we can get as a replacement if he does decide to go the big name on the continent at the moment is the Roma keeper Allyson who's having a blinding season and is the Brazil number 1 ahead of Ederson. The reports are he's likely to move this summer with Liverpool & Arsenal reported to be interested and if he stars at the world cup my guess is he'll set the new record for a keeper unless he's got a buyout clause.

I still think the Madrid move is tricky for them they need to spend big on attacking players in the summer so can they really afford a £50m plus keeper when the keeper they have isn't really doing much wrong. De Gea is obviously an upgrade on Navas in terms of shot stopping but he's not the sweeper keeper type Madrid need because they defend so high up the pitch most of the time.

It would be great if Utd can get De Gea tied down for another 4 years but I think he will want to see us seriously challenge as he must be thinking he wants to be challenging for the big prizes which Utd haven't done for 5 seasons now.

I agree, the only way De Gea is going to Madrid is if we get 1 or 2 of their players. Varane has been spoken of again, and of course Bale.

Personally I wonder if we could push for Kroos.

Of course, I'd rather Dave stayed.

I think this summer will be massive, agree with @jsp as Madrid seriously need to sort themselves out this summer and they don't have the money that the English clubs have, I can't see them spending 250 million quid so I think De Gea might be a luxury they can't afford at the minute, the way the prices are going at the minute there is no way we would sell for under 100m and if we did then serious questions should be asked.

Talk that Courtois might let his contract run down to get a move to Madrid on a free which would work out for both parties, Ronaldo 33 now, Bale question marks, they need a new no 9, a lot of their squad are aging so it might cost them a few bob to sort themselves out, hopefully lol

Be interesting to see if the swap deals become more of a thing now that the fees have gone so crazy on the face of it a trade deal makes more sense than a transfer as both clubs get something they want out of it.

I guess it depends on what Madrid might be happy to let go for example Bale for De Gea would be a fair swap both are starting players who are good enough to start for both teams, both have long contracts and both are similar ages and in the transfer market they are probably similarly valued players.

My thing with Madrid players is I'd only want players who really want to come to Utd after Di Maria who clearly never wanted to come I think we need to be careful we need to make sure these guys are coming to Utd for the right reasons with the right motivations.

Yeah im the same mate, don't wanna be the madrid whipping boys in the market as we have been for quite a few years, if they get rid of Zidane as well De Gea might look at it and think "were gonna be spending a good 100/150m on that midfield this summer, Sanchez in, were potentially in a pretty good place", hopefully he signs especially if we do finish 2nd, although there have been some horrendous top six performances he will think 6th to 2nd is a huge jump and hopefully we can give City more of a run for their money next year.

One thing Jose does need to do is get back to being Jose in big games, when he was at Chelsea he never lost big games, that seems to have just disappeared this year.

He hasn't got the midfield he had at Chelsea, once he sorts that in summer we'll look better. We also need a John Terry in the defence.

Madrid just worries me though. They haven't gone big on anyone since James Rodriguez back in 2014/2015. They've dropped a few quid here and there on youngsters, but its peanuts compared to how they could and have flexed that financial muscle before. Plus they've been getting some funds through the door on Morata, Jesse and Danilo. So there's money there just burning a hole in that pocket. They must be sitting there watching Barca go big on Coutinho, Dembele, and Paulinho, while Messi gets that bumper deal and they must be venting because spending big is the Madrid thing.

So i'm waiting for the reaction and I just fear for DDG. I really do. His been on that shopping list of theirs for ages now, and despite how correct people on here are that they are a mess up top at the minute, Madrid always get who they want and they have always wanted him. Navas is only still there for because of Zidane. And if he doesn't get past PSG, then Zizou and his ideas, are out the door quicker then that pigs head hit the floor at Figo's feet all them years back.

Madrid will just go bang, bang, bang there's 3 world class players and new coach just like the old days.

Not this again.

You know I like Real. I like their history and they are a good side to watch full of fun players. But my god do I hate how they behave in the transfer market.

Year after year we put up with this rubbish. Year after year it happened with Ronaldo, it happened with Beckham and I'm sure others too. Now every year its DDG. Unfortunately it seems they always get their man in the end from us so it almost feels inevitable really. But I hope and I pray that actually we stick the fingers up to them and tell them where to go.

DDG is actually priceless. We should just come out and say that. If he is desperate to leave at some point then fine that changes the situation but so far he hasn't.

I like Real because of what they did after Munich, but recent history tests that.

In reality, the manager appointment is going to make it hard for us to hang on to De Gea. We can play hard ball and keep him, use the year extension and sell him next year, but if we want top dollar, this is the year to sell.

We do it to other clubs players so no point crying about it and if you believe some of the reports Madrid are close to landing Allison which would take De Gea off the table.

The quotes from De Gea to me are pretty clear he's happy to stay but he wants to win titles so it's a loaded comment saying to the club sort out the team in front of him so he can help us win as currently he can't win the titles he wants in this team and if he can't win these trophies he might have to look elsewhere.

If he decided to leave this summer or next summer I really couldn't blame him he's been fantastic and deserves to be in a side competiting for the top titles domestically and in Europe he's given us time to sort that out post Fergie but he needs to start seeing results. If the club want him to stay he should be made top earner at the club as he deserves every penny of that salary when compared to the other guys who earn more than him.

I think the only thing keeping DDG asst United is the fans' appreciation and support. He knows he is loved at United and knows how Madrid fans treat their players.

I can't imagine there is any keeper in the world on anywhere near the money he is on either. Definitely helps in keeping him. He's rumoured to be on £200k. The second highest paid keeper in the world Neuer is on £130k a week. You'd imagine De Gea is also getting another pay rise to sign this contract.

Though i'd happily leave the contract blank and him fill in whatever it takes to keep him here.

There are also reportedly only 5 keepers on over £100k a week. Lloris Curtois Casillas Neuer and De Gea. So he really is miles out on his own in terms of money earned in his position.

Make him top earner if anyone deserves to be top earner at this club it's Dave player of the year 4 years out of 5 and even the year he didn't get it he was still briliiant.

If anyone else even tries to kick off or ask for more just say you can have what he haves when you deliver like he does.

I'd even make him captain it's a largely token thing on the pitch these days but he should be the leader of this team he's the standard others need to be looking to match.

give Dave what he wants. He's more than earned it. Plus the captaincy.
Mr. Consistent in a team of inconsistent!

And plus... In the first game of the WC he was doing his best to put Real off signing him anyway. Great job Dave! :)

I've been waiting for the Marca report saying he did it on purpose to bring his price down :)

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back