Zinedine Zidane resigns Real Madrid manager

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

really! they just won the CL.

Puts all the Bale and Ronaldo rumours in doubt. I wonder who they will get in.

Wonder where Zizou will go. The man who runs our local bar has picture on his wall taken with him, he was his gardener at Madrid or something. Couldn't get all the explanation. The French don't really like football around here, but love Zidane.

That came out of nowhere!! In other news Arsene Wenger is said to announced as the next Real Madrid manager. Can see this going tits up before Christmas.

Why has Twitter exploded with rubbish about ZZ replacing Mou? Irritates the hell out of me.

Surely not Arsene to Madrid? Did you make that up lol??

I don't think it was quit before he was sacked my guess is he's just tired of working with these players and not getting lorded for his achievement.

I mean you win the European Cup and your two superstar players and both on the pitch moaning about moving away after a while you must wonder what is the point in this, might just want a break to spend a bit of time with the family.

2 1/2 seasons 3 CL and 1 league title is some going.

Will he go back upstairs?

Could it be he knows the rebuild that's coming this season and didn't fancy that job.

Be interesting to see who comes in? For years Perez wanted Wenger as his coach but that was a long time ago, would Luis Enrique cross the divide again, could they get Allegri to change his mind, could they get Mourinho back (loved by he president/hated by the fans), is the ink dry yet on that Pochetinno deal?

It's a poisoned chalice of a job. Think ZZ must be the first manager to quit and not be fired in donkeys years isn't he?

This really could go to anyone of many.

Great decision by Zidane, ended on a high as a player and manager there. Can see him becoming France manager after this World Cup, winning the Euros and World Cup and retiring for good.

He's had a bang average season in the league. Why is he the Messiah all of a sudden? Even Moyes could have taken that squad to the UCL semis at least :)

No sure about that last point haha but you're quite right. For all he's won, i'm not sure how good a manager he actually is. But he has won what those before him failed to do and deserves praise.

Their form on the way to and in the final was poor. They just know how to get a job done and I'm not sure how much of that is squad experience or ZZ. I'm guessing mostly the former. The squad is pretty amazing no matter what you think of certain individuals

I guess the true test now is can he do it elsewhere in terms of judging his ability as a manager Guardiola has gone to other clubs and repeated his success domestically not necessarily in European competition but Luis Enrique hasn't.

Zidane might not take on another job he might think he's proven his point and he can do without the stress as it's unlikely he needs the money.

In terms of where he goes next maybe he's give the France job a go if Deschamp goes after the World Cup or maybe he'd have a crack with Juventus but equally I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him again as a manager.

Guess it’s good to go out on a high. He did an amazing job in the Champions League and also won La Liga so he’s had a pretty awesome 2 and a half years at the helm. Probably felt it was time for a change.

I agree with what others have said about him getting the French job if Deschamps leaves after the WC. Maybe after the intensity of being Madrid manager, he fancies something a little less stressful.

I kind of feel like actually he's been very smart here. They didn't have a great league season and yes OK they won the CL again but I think he's gotten out at the right time. Another year there and maybe things start to turn and maybe things start to go wrong.

I think he leaves on a high with his reputation in tact. And actually I think he's perfect to be the next France manager? I mean he brought together a team of stars at Real but how good is his team rebuilding? Feels like he didn't need to do a lot at Real and he wouldn't need to do a lot as the France manager and there's a lot of talent there.

I wonder if this gives Conte his route out of Chelsea because Madrid need a manager and he needs a club as it's obvious he's off out of Chelsea.

Real Madrid have announced Spain boss Julen Lopetegui will be their new head coach after the World Cup.

Tap up Dave?

Wonder how that has gone down in Spain remember Utd getting pelters in the press when we were linked to Eriksson when he had the England job.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back