Chris Froome

Mr C

Not seen it, but reading on line sounds like he's torn every one a new one in the Giro, out on his own from 80km and apparently one of his descents was amazing but also dangerous.

I know he has this problem with Asthma to be resolved, but he is really one of the best riders ever, if not the best. Amazing athlete

40 seconds ahead roughly, after being over 3 mins behind. Incredible.

Yates has blown it.

It’s worth following @Digger_forum on Twitter - he has some interesting views, backed by quotes and evidence, on Froome... and his supposed asthma.

He had called out Wiggins as a cheat for years - another to ‘suffer’ from asthma.

Interesting that tweeter

You got to believe there can be no doping thee days surely, they get tested twice a day. And mechanical pieces, they'd get called out by the other teams surely, just like in F1.
However that ride from 80km out, was a bit unreal.

The way I see it is the athletes/teams spend more money trying to come up with ways to game the system than the regulator can spend trying to catch them so they’re always 1 step behind the cheats.

Sadly that means you have to question everything and years later you find out they cheated.

That said the level of cheating I think is now a lot lower than it was the EPO era is gone but now it seems it’s about small gains from exploiting the TUE regulations.

Chris Froome's anti-doping case has been dropped by cycling's world governing body.

The four-time Tour de France winner was investigated by the UCI after double the allowed level of legal asthma drug Salbutamol was found in his urine during his 2017 Vuelta a Espana win.

World cycling's governing body says closing the case was "based on expert opinions".

Froome, 33, said he was "grateful and relieved" to put an end to the matter.

"It has been an emotional nine months," he tweeted. "Thank you to all of those who have supported and believed in me throughout."

--------------

Chuffed for him, I don't think he gets the recognition he deserves from the UK press and public. Phenominal athlete.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back