Alexis Sanchez | Match Discussion thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to agree with you today. That's the kind of performance we expect!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At last Sanchez played in his position, rather than coming to the center all the time and look what happened!! Why did it take Jose so long to address this? Pogba had a great game because of it too.

Im looking forward to seeing a more of these 2 now!

FA Cup Final: Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United - 19th May 2018

He was the worst player on the pitch. He was woeful. On how many occasions did he lose the ball?

I think he will prove to be an expensive mistake.

He was far from the worst player on the pitch you’re having a laugh. Jones Smalling Valencia were all miles worse.

Difference is when Alexis was losing the ball he was trying something when Jones Smalling and Valencia did they were under no pressure and put us on the back foot.

Think people have forgotten already how poor they were first 25 minutes

And you can add Rashford to the list of players poorer than him.

Smalling was United’s best player.

Sanchez made fewer passes than other United player in the first half, including De Gea.

There are shades of Rooney Part II.

Did you watch the first 20 minutes? Smalling gave the ball away in our final third 3 times

Really can't see how you think Sanchez played well. You say he lost the ball a lot trying things? All he ever does is try to run through 3 players and NEVER pulls it off. I'd rather he be passing or crossing than, 'trying something' cos something never happens. Based on his games since he has been with us Arsenal must be absolutely laughing their socks off to have offloaded him to us.

I really, really think this guy is, and has been very poor. Paul Scholes today in the papers saying of Sanchez 'he can only get better cos he really can't get any worse'. Says it all!!

I understand everyone has their own point of view though and I respect that!

Sanchez actually reminds me of Falcao when he played for us. You he's got in in his locker, you know he can do it but just looks utterly lost and clueless. Difference is I felt sorry for Falcao as he was feeling the after effects of ACL.

We all have our opinions and a lot of it is based on players we either like or dislike and styles of play we either like or dislike. However I find it hard to understand the constant sniping at smalling. He has been our best defender this season by some distance. He is also our least injury prone defender.

We all have our opinions and a lot of it is based on players we either like or dislike and styles of play we either like or dislike. However I find it hard to understand the constant sniping at smalling. He has been our best defender this season by some distance. He is also our least injury prone defender.
Yep the constant sniping at Smalling’s performance is ridiculous, he had a very good game yesterday. He stopped countless Chelsea attacks when we were pressing. Obviously we all have our own opinions and yes Smalling on the ball can be dodgy but he was one of our better players yesterday and that’s true for all season.

No point picking out players. One man was responsible for that shower of bleep yesterday and that’s the manager.

He certainly was the major problem. Screwing up the balance of the team to take care of one man. Trust your players to do their jobs. When hazard broke a couple of times on smalling he dealt with it. I remember years ago Ron Atkinson man marking cantona with earl Barrett. Eric dragged him all over the place and I think scored 2 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back