England’s World Cup Preparations

SuperRash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Never like to see anyone be injured so close to the World Cup and he was a definite cert so Southgate will have to find someone to fill his berth in the squad.

Guess Southgate has a few decisions to make but not sure there will be any wildcard picks like in past years ala Walcott and Rashford. Sessegnon has been muted but would be very surprised if that happened.

God it really pains me to say this after all the 'golden years' of expectancy, but does anyone actually care about the national team after the Iceland game?

Zero excitement from me sorry!

What was it they said in the Skinner and Baddial Euro 96 song? '30 years of hurt' and that was 22 years ago lol

I don’t get why people expect us to win we won 1 tournament 50 years ago one home soil since then we’ve not been to a final and we’ve had 2 semi finals and plenty of tournaments where we couldn’t even qualify.

I’m actually a bit excited by the current team because it’s new we aren’t just picking the same players who’ve flopped before I don’t expect them to do much but I just hope they go down fighting and have a go at teams the last 3 tournaments under Hodgson the team was so limp.

It’s a shame for Chamberlain he’s really hit some form in that central midfield role and he’s going to miss a World Cup in him prime.

There’s still a lot of questions over the England side not really sure what formation we will use 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2, who will be the number 1, apart from Stones, Walker & Kane all outfield positions seem up for grabs just hope the managers has the balls to pick his best team not just the XI best players and bow to media pressure.

Who expects us to win it? Not seen that anywhere this time around.

Even the bookies only have us as 7th favourites and that’s goijg to be a few points less than it should be because of the fact we are in England

It's quite an odd one this time around, usually there is a media frenzy going on months before about how much were gonna win it and general excitement counting down to the tournament but there is literally nothing. Maybe it's a good thing, if we don't expect anything when we get sent home early nobody will be fussed. And IF the unexpected happens and we progress it's a bonus!

I think the media gave up the hype model after 2010 I don't think there's been much expectation of the England team going into any tournament since then.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back