Anthony Martial | Match Discussion thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton must hate him haha

Premier League: Manchester United 3-0 Stoke City - 15th January 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Premier League: Burnley v Manchester United - 20th January 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Premier League: Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United - 11th February 2018

He should be the match winner.

Agree got to take that one vs one it was a good save but in that situation you can’t give the keeper a chance he’s normally ruthless in those situations.

Unlucky late on with that double attempt just so many bodies to break through.

Apart from the finishing I actually think he played quite well.

Premier League: Bournemouth 0-2 Manchester United - 18th April 2018

Lovely flick in the build up to Lukaku's goal.

Did enough to give JM a selection a selection headache at the weekend but we all know what will happen.

It's funny because looking on twitter last night he polarised opinion some said he had a good game others said he was dreadful.

It's obvious he's a marmite player with the fans for some he can do no wrong for others he can't do anything right.

I thought it was a good performance from a player who looked rusty provided a few moments of quality like that touch in the build up to the goal and a few mazy dribble but the end product wasn't really there I don't remember him having a shot, his crossses were just dinked loopy balls and a few cut backs didn't have the right weight on them.

I don't think he did enough to play his way into the team for Saturday but he should be on the bench.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Arsenal - 29th April 2018

Good cameo. He was United's main threat following his introduction.

Better finishing from Smalling & Fellaini and he maybe walks off with 2 assists in 30 minutes he was electric when he came on yesterday almost like he had a point to prove.

Some consider Bellerin as one of the best right backs in the league and Martial ripped it up down his side of the pitch when he came on that ball in that Fellaini hit the post with was a belter.

Great to see him play with some passion like that. I keep banging on and on and on about it, play Martial left and Sanchez right and we'd be fantastic!

This is the thing though you need to see that for 90 minutes home and away on a regular basis which is what you get from Sanchez even when he's not playing well he's buzzing around whereas Martial can drift out of a game quite easily he doesn't force the team to involve him in the way Sanchez does.

The criticism I guess with Martial as far as the manager is concerned is when the going gets tough he hides but when Utd are on the front foot like they were when he came on yesterday he can be devestating.

He was the only player that looked capable of doing something when he came on. Martial has the potential to be world class but he just needs to add consistency to his game. It’s no good having a good cameo but then in his next start he rubbish. It’s obviously not easy being a bit part player but when he does start he needs to have games where Jose cannot drop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back