Kaka provides insight into somewhat brutal Jose Mourinho methods

Red Warrior

Kaka says of the rough spell he had at Real Madrid that overlapped Jose's stay in charge: ''In 2009 I accepted the proposal from Real Madrid, but after that move, I was completely destroyed because I couldn’t replicate what I’d done for Milan. In Italy, everyone had loved me, but in Spain they all wanted me to just leave.

''Plus Jose Mourinho was a difficult coach for me to work with. When I thought he might give me a chance, it never happened. I didn’t get the chance to prove my form to him. I trained hard, fought and prayed so much, but without the coach having faith in me, I realised I couldn’t work with him.

''I was so happy after leaving Real Madrid and returning to Milan, especially after Mourinho said I was one of the most professional players he had ever worked with.''

I think Madrid had moved on from him by the time Mourinho came in didn’t they get Ozil in 2010 who basically took Kaka’s spot as injury had destroyed his knee and he’d lost his turn of pace that made him devastating.

Not sure he’s saying anything particularly harsh he isn’t suggesting Mourinho promised him a chance and didn’t give it to him just that he never got one and he sounds quite humbled that Mourinho said nice things about him after he left.

Kaka says...
When I thought he might give me a chance, it never happened. I didn’t get the chance to prove my form to him.

This sounds oh so familiar with certain players in the current Utd squad.

The world and his dog could see Kaka was done. Playing through injury at Milan killed him.

Kaka was awful at Madrid, I remember thinking how we'd dodged a bullet.

Kaka says...
When I thought he might give me a chance, it never happened. I didn’t get the chance to prove my form to him.

This sounds oh so familiar with certain players in the current Utd squad.

Key words in that sent "I thought he might" in his own words he wasn't promised anything and I would imagine that Madrid at this point were trying to force him out as they knew he was buckled.

Players in Utd have had chances Shaw & Martial can complain but both have had plenty of games and in the case of Shaw he's played ok but he hasn't fully grasped his chance, Martial is slightly different in that he has had a lot of good performances but he still isn't at the consistent level Mourinho wants from his players.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back